Size:	250.7 KB
ID:	330280

Comment

• Originally posted by SanExup View Post
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20211117_163141.jpg
Views:	956
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	330278 My painted Hawk to a VX 23 Goshawk. I just need a tailhook!
      Looks good in blue and white

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleagle View Post
        Looking at buying the ARF+ version of the Freewing Hawk. Has anyone here installed the FMS 70mm 6S V2 12 blade EDF unit in their Hawk?
        yep i have, tbh it doesn't make a great deal of difference, i have the FrSky pitot tube speed sensor in mine and after a short dive the best ive had out of it was 99 mph

Comment

• Hi folks, I need some help with my older generation hawk. It has the wire landing gear. From what I understand the upgraded gear will not fit the older style wings because the struts are longer. I can only replace the front. I am wondering if anyone has been able to replace the gear with some mods and willing to share tips. I can't fly this plane on my club's grass field - not worth the risk at landings and take offs. If I can't use the upgraded gear I might have to just sell it and look into another EDF with more grass friendly gear. Thanks

Comment

• Comment

• Mine has the older style wire landing gear, and it will operate OK from a well cut and rolled grass site. I would say it’s the size of the wheels which is going to be the limitation with grass.
              A nose leg brace helps enormously too, either a 3D printed one or make something up from balsa and plywood.

Comment

• Originally posted by NICK1979 View Post
                Hi folks, I need some help with my older generation hawk. It has the wire landing gear. From what I understand the upgraded gear will not fit the older style wings because the struts are longer. I can only replace the front. I am wondering if anyone has been able to replace the gear with some mods and willing to share tips. I can't fly this plane on my club's grass field - not worth the risk at landings and take offs. If I can't use the upgraded gear I might have to just sell it and look into another EDF with more grass friendly gear. Thanks
                I too had trouble with the small wheels on our grass field. Here is my solution....

Comment

• This is my BAe Hawk converted to T-45

Comment

• The Hawk and I are still getting to know each other. It flies great but I've not figured out what it want's for a smooth landing.
                    One landing was so hard I skipped the hardware in one of the mains, had to open it up and reset that. Will have to adjust the nose gear later.
                    I've since added the fuel tank just is help avoid any future damage, once I sort out the landings I'm sure it will become one of my prime warm up planes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4832.JPG
Views:	533
Size:	265.4 KB
ID:	352178Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4865.JPG
Views:	532
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	352180Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4867.JPG
Views:	532
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	352179Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4878.JPG
Views:	523
Size:	345.0 KB
ID:	352181Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4890.JPG
Views:	545
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	352182Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4911.JPG
Views:	533
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	352183
                    Attached Files
                    Intagram, YouTube, RCAfterhours

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20220809_224245.jpg
Views:	513
Size:	116.5 KB
ID:	352483

Every time I fly it I keep thinking how much I love the Hawk. It makes me want the 90mm. Back to back flights with a variety of planes and I kept charging batteries to get more flights on the Hawk. All around fun to fly with a mix of battery sizes.

Comment

• Comment

• Husafreak What fan are you using? The Hawk is so fun. You're correct, looks so good flying the pattern and settles in nicely. I have the RAF version as well. It is one of the best valued edf's I think!

Comment

• Holy smokes! I maidened mine this morning, a few clicks of trim and I’m in heaven. What a wonderful flying plane! I have had a lot of FW EDF’s and this one, even as small as it is, is really special. Very acrobatic. A lot of power with the new fare fan. 4000 mAh pack for me. CG as specified. In Landing don’t hold it off with a ton of elevator, just set a few degrees nose high landing altitude and let it settle, smooth.

Comment

• Sorry for the late reply! 6S 2957-2210Kv Inrunner Motor and ESC from my FW F-35, 12 blade 70mm fan that comes stock on that jet. I was unlucky with that one, got it into a flat spin that I could not recover from. It was a cool looking jet but but limited on what you could do with it so I'll take this Hawk any day. BTW the second day I flew it in a wicked wind and bounced it, my bad, but it bounced big time, pogo stick style. Only damage was I bent the pin in the nose gear strut. Easily straigtened in a vice with pliers but I realized the pins are very small and so soft. Even my F-35 had a much stronger gear with bigger diameter pins. So landing this one is no joke, gotta set it down just so. My big CARF Hawk will do the same. I would recommend if you bounce with speed go around and if you hold it off too long and get a really nose high bounce (like I did) pray! I've flown it a bunch of times since and it is all good. Still loving its flying qualities just a wary of the landings.

Comment

• Since mine is new I have the “upgraded” landing gear. But I’ve had it bounce (pogo) on me a couple more times and it’s starting to annoy me. Has anyone found a fix for this on hard runways? Maybe the springs are too stiff, too weak, or the deck angle on the ground can be changed with shims? Another option could be to separate the aileron servos, run them direct the th receiver (without a Y) and use a spoileron mix with landing flaps to help kill lift. Maybe use less or more flap travel? Hmmm

Comment

• Maybe less flap travel. But it's hard saying withoit seeing the landing. But that was my issue for a little while andI decreased the flap angle.. The Hawk does need a pinch of power with landing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Husafreak View Post
                                    Since mine is new I have the “upgraded” landing gear. But I’ve had it bounce (pogo) on me a couple more times and it’s starting to annoy me. Has anyone found a fix for this on hard runways? Maybe the springs are too stiff, too weak, or the deck angle on the ground can be changed with shims? Another option could be to separate the aileron servos, run them direct the th receiver (without a Y) and use a spoileron mix with landing flaps to help kill lift. Maybe use less or more flap travel? Hmmm
                                    I fly off grass and found softer springs both mains and nose helps ( definitely the nose ) take out any bounce on landing if you drop a little hard so I think the same logic should apply. See 3.0 min on attached video.

Comment

• A side note, a nose gear support definitely helps avoid bending rhe nose gear on the Hawk, and takes out the wobbly play it seems to have when extended..

Comment

• Nose gear mods to my Hawk ( done after the above video )

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hawk nose 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	124.0 KB ID:	376553

Click image for larger version  Name:	Hawk nose 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.8 KB ID:	376554

Comment

• Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try less flap and holding a little power on, that's easy. And I'll look for some softer springs.

Comment

Working...
                                          X