Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Freewing 70mm BAe Hawk T1 Thread

Fun EDFs aren't just for 80+mm...

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_0070.jpg Views:	1 Size:	62.2 KB ID:	97793 Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_0011.jpg Views:	2 Size:	70.4 KB ID:	97801
    Perhaps the most versatile British advanced trainer jet in the world, the BAe Hawk has been in service for over 40 years. Operated at its peak by 18 countries in various trainer and light combat roles, the Hawk T1 variant was also popularized by the Red Arrows display team, whose expert piloting demonstrations have amazed audiences worldwide for generations.

Freewing and Motion RC are proud to present this well-loved aircraft as a 70mm EDF powered electric flying model. The Freewing 70mm Hawk T1 features a powerful 12 bladed EDF power system for satisfying speed, vertical performance, and realistic sound, and gives sport jet handling similar to the Avanti and Stinger 90. We scaled down our Freewing 90mm T-45 Hawk from 2015 then reworked it to be simpler, faster, and with a lighter wing loading with superior all around handling.

With your supplied 6Ss 2700mAh-5000mAh LiPo battery, the 6S power system can achieve a top speed of approximately 160kph / 100mph. Retractable landing gear, flaps, and a wide gear stance make the aircraft well suited for beginner to intermediate jet pilots flying off of pavement or very well manicured grass runways. An optional suspension strut set is available if more shock absorption is desired. A large battery bay provides easy access to your battery, receiver, and an optional gyro stabilizer. A removable centerline tank and other details up the scale factor of this affordable EDF model.

To enhance visibility, the Freewing 70mm Hawk T1 also features the signature bright white nose light of the real aircraft, and sports bright red and green wingtip lights as well. This is the only Freewing 70mm Class aircraft to include pre-installed lighting, while remaining at the same price of other 70mm 6s EDFs from Freewing!

Building upon the popularity of the Freewing 70mm F-16, the Freewing 70mm Hawk T1 adds the new feature of LED lighting and the benefit of a wider wing and wider gear stance than the F-16. It is very forgiving in the landing pattern, and is capable of precision sport acrobatic flying. Overall, the Hawk makes a perfect "First 70mm EDF", and our recommended "sweet spot" Admiral 6S 4000mAh battery is a common battery that can also be used in many other aircraft in the 70mm, 80mm, and 90mm EDF classes. Stable and predictable at both slow and high speeds, the Freewing Hawk T1 cruises confidently at 50% throttle, giving pilots time to enjoy the profile of this iconic jet as it flies by. We also love this Hawk because it flies like a smaller Freewing Avanti --one of the world's most popular foam EDFs! With a similar planform as the Avanti, proficient pilots can push the Hawk to perform many acrobatic maneuvers with precision and confidence. We have found the Freewing Hawk T1 to be "a scale jet that flies like a sport jet"!

Celebrating the Red Arrows Demonstration Team's approach to 40 years of service using their BAe Hawk T1s, the Freewing Hawk T1 is finished in one of the iconic Red Arrows liveries with the included decal set.

For a limited time, an identical 6S PNP version painted in "Base Gray" is also available! In response to overwhelming requests for more customizable models, Freewing and Motion RC are offering this "Base Gray" model as the perfect foundation for your own decals and/or custom paint job. The foam surface is prepared and primered the same as our other aircraft, then factory painted with the same durable paint you're familiar with on other Freewing EDF jets. Acrylic hobby-grade paints can be applied directly to this prepared surface for a better bond than if applied directly to bare foam. Our good friend Callie at www.callie-graphics.com has also prepared several optional decal sets depicting a range of Hawks in colors other than the iconic Red Arrows.

It is our hope that as you enjoy the Freewing 70mm Hawk T1, you will spread the love of flight and of this venerable aircraft's contributions to aviation history.

The best part is this model's first production batch was already completed in late August 2017. We just decided to keep this one quiet a little longer. Pre-Orders yours today!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170822_170612.jpg Views:	1 Size:	145.4 KB ID:	97774Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170901_171949.jpg Views:	1 Size:	144.3 KB ID:	97775

Pre-Order Red Arrow
    https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-hawk-t1-red-pnp

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_0185.jpg Views:	2 Size:	58.0 KB ID:	97796Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_0253.jpg Views:	1 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	97794

Pre-Order Base Gray
    https://www.motionrc.com/products/freewing-hawk-t1-base-gray-pnp
    Click image for larger version  Name:	hawk2_1024x1024.jpg Views:	1 Size:	90.9 KB ID:	97770Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170822_171358.jpg Views:	1 Size:	111.9 KB ID:	97771

Full Flight Review Video by Captain Mike and Pilot Ryan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJnumBLV4-Y&feature=youtu.be

Build Video coming soon!

Instruction Manual available for download on the product page.

Pre-Installed LEDs in nose and on wingtips (optional Trailing Link suspension struts also shown)

Click image for larger version  Name:	^ED274AB6040824C44D6011602B72C36057DCDA7D2DA37AE4A1^pimgpsh_fullsize_distr.jpg Views:	1 Size:	61.4 KB ID:	97776Click image for larger version  Name:	Shown with optional suspension struts.jpg Views:	1 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	97777

Sport Jet Performance in a Scale Package!

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20170907_143335.jpg Views:	1 Size:	121.5 KB ID:	97778 Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_0220.jpg Views:	1 Size:	101.1 KB ID:	97799
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alpha; Sep 22, 2017, 11:46 AM.
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Flight Review video by Pilot Ryan and Captain Mike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJnu...ature=youtu.be

Build video coming next week!
    Last edited by Alpha; Sep 22, 2017, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Reserved for Gray Hawk decal options

Comment

We flew the Hawk today for pics and video. Check out some of our pics! Excellent flyer!
        Attached Files

Comment

More coming to the site. Stand by for video!

Comment

Yay! Another Freewing EDF. That Red Arrow looks killer Ryan. Looking forward to the video.

Comment

Thanks Steve! I love the looks of the Gray modster version as well. Here's another for Alpha.

Comment

I like the fact that Freewing and MRC are offering the gray version for those who want a military bird or just something different. It's a blank canvas to work from.

Comment

I love the idea of offering a Gray aircraft to be easily used as an excellent paint canvas. Paint should still well to it with little to no prep. work, and has endless options in paint/decal schemes.

I also love the fact that there is a lighting package (would love to see that trend continue on the 70mm series) which adds very little weight and can improve orientation a bit. Also, huge thumbs up on the nylon hinges, glueless assembly, optional suspension struts, and large battery bay.

Comment

Hey Alpha.. We expecting a 80 or 90mm F-18 as well..;):)

Comment

Originally posted by RCjetdude View Post
                      I like the fact that Freewing and MRC are offering the gray version for those who want a military bird or just something different. It's a blank canvas to work from.
                      Hint: The Freewing 70mm Hawk T1 is ~1/9.75 scale. Rounding up to 1/10, that's "close enough" to the Freewing 80mm A-10... which has two AIM-9s....

Click image for larger version

Name:	British_Aerospace_Hawk_T1A,_UK_-_Air_Force_AN1517250.jpg
Views:	5612
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	97810

Or, slap some blue on the tail for a quickfire Scale livery:

Name:	Blue Tail.jpg
Views:	5409
Size:	10.0 KB
ID:	97814

Or, mod the centerline tank to be a belly cannon...

Name:	Gun pod on T1.jpg
Views:	5657
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	97811

Or add some color to the Base Gray and go classic RAF (my personal favorite)

Name:	1ba2e5ec08c08981062c99b4d541fe7a.jpg
Views:	5515
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	97813

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	5466
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	97812

Other things to consider for scale/detail tweaks are RCGeek's 1/10 scale Castle Pilot busts. And Callie has the canopy det cord decal, as well, shown here on my Freewing 70mm Yak-130.

Name:	IMG_1406.jpg
Views:	5562
Size:	117.5 KB
ID:	97815Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1409.jpg
Views:	5484
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	97816

Comment

That's a whole lot of hot sauce!

Comment

XRP setup will give this Hawk some extra Tamale..:)I can see it migrating from my 70mm Yak..After 300 plus flts I think a new home is in need..

Comment

That's another 'gotta have' ! Looks awesome. Loving the 70 and 80mm's
                            Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                            Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                            I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

From viewing the video and pics, it looks like the jet uses traditional clevices on the ailerons, flaps, and rudder, but ball links on the elevators.

Any plans to make the Gray version as an ARF Plus as well?

Comment

Outstanding scale-ish appearance for a 70mm with the detail and lights. Looks like a nice set of landing gear too...

Comment

Very nice looking jet!
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Come get some!

Comment

Oh Baby, Oh Baby, Oh Baby.... Might just have to be the first Texan to get one. Colors-in all the squares for me.
                                      Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
                                      Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
                                      I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

I like the classic RAF scheme as well...

Or add some color to the Base Gray and go classic RAF (my personal favorite)

Click image for larger version  Name:	1ba2e5ec08c08981062c99b4d541fe7a.jpg Views:	1 Size:	113.6 KB ID:	97813

Click image for larger version  Name:	download.jpg Views:	1 Size:	14.9 KB ID:	97812

Comment

Working...
                                        X