Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SanExup
    replied
    Yeah, it's funny, I felt like I've wanted a quality A model for quite some time. That I preferred the look of it over any other 190. But now that it will be available, I realize now, I actually like the look of D models way more. So I agree, a larger, quality, Dora would be an instant addition to my collection.

The Eflite FW overall looks of high quality, from what I can tell from the videos. And a good paint job will make it right. But I have to admit the price seems uglier than the dots.

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    BTW, I’m also disappointed that it isn’t a D-9 or a D-13. I think that HH/EFlite missed a great opportunity to bring a Dora onto the market. Jason Merkle (spelling?) claims that there isn’t enough interest in a D-9 to justify the tooling development. I think he’s nuts! I think that a nice D-9 or D-13 would like hot cakes.

Please, Mr. Alpha, please, please, please bring a nice Fw-190D-9 or D-13 to market, either foamy or ARF, so that we can prove Jason/HH wrong!!!

Leave a comment:

• Oxotnik
    replied
    I preordered it. I have a really hard time passing up Luftwaffe birds. I’ve been really negative on EFlite warbirds for a couple of years. Their prices are out of line with the rest of the industry, and I don’t want to pay for SAFE-Select and SMART, because I’m not interested in using either. I do think that EFlite did a great job with the gear and cockpit. Sooooo many Fw-190 producers screw them up. Bad gear on a Fw-190 is an absolute deal breaker for me. EFlite got them right (as did FlightLine in their 1.1m Würger). My 1.6m Starmax 190 gear and canopy are pretty good, but I can’t keep the stupid gear working on it.

Like you guys, I think that the paint job is hideously ugly. They’re modeling a plane that doesn’t have WWII livery to start with, then they screwed that up. The fuselage grey is wrong. It looks sorta like RLM65, whereas the plane being modeled looks to be RLM02. And the green polka dots! Gimme a friggin break! What a friggin’ lazy attempt at mottling!!!

Even though I don’t like the price point of the EFilte 190, I’ve pre-ordered it and am still pretty excited about getting it. I will be repainting my Würger in Walter Nowotny’s JG-54 summer camo. Callie decals already ordered.

I’d originally planned to model Nowotny’s Weiss 8 winter camo, but decided against it because the JG-54 winter camo was white-wash over the summer camo, with the summer paint showing through, and I didn’t want the blasted polka dots showing through.

BTW, I had a similar issue with the Seagull 64” Bf-109 ARF having a hideously ugly green polka dot scheme. I just finished repainting it as Werner Mölders’ JG-53 Bf-109E-3 (1940, Battle of France, just before he (Moelders) was shot down and POW for a few months).

My tail markings are a bit off, but overall, I’m pretty happy with the final product.

Leave a comment:

• Evan D
    replied
    We know, but the spots are just badly done.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D16F7B81-3595-4EF9-BDD7-006A40653B0B.jpeg
Views:	2088
Size:	118.3 KB
ID:	294605

Originally posted by pdansalvish View Post
    The scheme is based on a real German fighter based on a full-scale replica once owned by the late Rudy Frasca. Painted with the wartime markings of Austrian Luftwaffe pilot Oskar Bosch, the replica has been flown in west coast airshows and at the National Air Races in Reno.

Leave a comment:

• pdansalvish
    replied
    The scheme is based on a real German fighter based on a full-scale replica once owned by the late Rudy Frasca. Painted with the wartime markings of Austrian Luftwaffe pilot Oskar Bosch, the replica has been flown in west coast airshows and at the National Air Races in Reno.

Leave a comment:

• Beetlemankurt
    replied
    Oh yeah! This is what I’ve been wanting for some time now. Paint job is no worry, nothing some time with an airbrush wont fix to bring about an alternative scheme. I too love that the gear is looking right on this one.

Won’t be getting one straight away but certainly will at some point this year once I’ve saved the $ and this will keep my 1.6m Spitty company. Looks like they’ve done a nice job on it.

Cheers
    Kurt

Leave a comment:

• SanExup
    replied
    Gilatrout The first thing I thought was that Disney made a Focke Wulf. 101 Fw's.

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    I like that it is scale to the FlightLine Spitfire. FW-190 has a 34' wingspan so 7th scale is about 1480mm while the Spitfire has a 37' Wingspan and 7th scale is about 1610mm. Paint it, weather it and enjoy it

Leave a comment:

• Beeg
    replied
    Yep, paint job is pretty hideous but they probably decided to save some production cost somewhere. The markings look a bit out of proportion as well. A new paint job is relatively easy and Luftwaffe schemes are always fun..

mshagg, that really blows.

Leave a comment:

• mshagg
    replied
    I love it but unfortunately the australian horizon distributor has taken it upon themselves to slap another $250USD onto the local price ($750USD!). The sad thing being that they're the only brand with a retail presence here so people will snap them up because they dont know any better.

Leave a comment:

• Gilatrout
    replied
    The paint job is bloody awful. Polka dots, really?

Click image for larger version

Name:	EFL01350C_A03_DAYPXSW7.jpg?sw=800&sh=800&sm=fit.jpg
Views:	2622
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	294531
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Beeg
    started a topic New E-flite Fw-190A, 1.5m

New E-flite Fw-190A, 1.5m

Those of us begging for a new larger Fw-190 now have an option with the new E-flite offering. The best part is that it appears to have a scale size and geometry landing gear to give it the correct look with the gear down. Single 6s power and looks to have very nice scale features like their new P-51D.
    https://www.horizonhobby.com/search?...n=01142021_AIR

Would have preferred a Dora but It’s a nice size.
Working...
X