Clear All

• Official FlightLine 990mm Velocity Racer PNP Thread

Velocity 990mm (38.9") Wingspan - PNP from FlightLine - FS10311P

Click image for larger version

Name:	master.jpg
Views:	1004
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	384460

World-renowned for their quality foam model aircraft, FlightLine is back in 2023. Their latest offering is the thrill-seeking racer the Velocity, sure to satisfy the palates of any speed junkie!

The Velocity is stable in all flight envelopes from slow to blistering high speeds. This lightweight speedster offers a quick and simple assembly, comes with a detachable battery tray for easier handling and protective belly skid for belly landings. Thanks to its overpowered and sleek design, the Velocity is easy to hand launch, but still slows nicely for landings. Take to the skies with this thriller while enjoying a stable platform throughout your flight from takeoff to touchdown.
    Easy To Launch

The FlightLine Velocity has a streamlined profile that is easy to handle and hand launch.
    Striking, High Contrast Paint Scheme

The Velocity comes with a visually striking yellow and white paint scheme that not only looks great but creates a high contrast for easy visibility in the skies.
    Detachable, Clip In Battery Tray

The FlightLine Velocity comes with a detachable battery tray that easily clips in place for extremely easy battery management. No need to try to finagle a battery in tight quarters.
    Protective Plastic Belly Skid

The Velocity has a protection plan in place for those belly landings. A protective plastic belly skid resides on the bottom of the Velocity for added protection upon landing regardless of surface.
    Features:
    • Fast Assembly
    • High contrast, attractive yellow and white paint scheme
    • Stable and great flying model at all airspeeds, fast and slow
    • Clip in battery tray design
    • Easy to hand launch and easy to land
    • Simplistic design keeps the model lightweight
    • Protective plastic belly skid for belly landings included
    Includes:
    • FlightLine Velocity 990mm (38.9") Wingspan - PNP
    • Admiral brushless 2839-1480Kv motor
    • Admiral 40A ESC with XT60 connector
    • 4x 9g digital plastic gear servos
    Requires:Product Specifications:

AGE LEVEL :14 and up
    SKILL LEVEL :intermediate
    BUILD TIME :1 hour
    Model Scale N/A
    Wingspan 990mm / 38.9in
    Length 700mm / 27.6in
    Weight 566g / 19.6oz
    CG (Center of Gravity) 35mm aft from the leading edge of wing at the root
    Power System Admiral Brushless 2839-1480Kv motor
    Electronic Speed Control Admiral 40A with XT60 connector (included)
    Propeller / EDF 7x6 2-Blade (included)
    Servos
    • 4x 9g digital plastic gear servos for ailerons, elevator, rudder - MD31091-300
    Landing Gear Plastic belly skid
    Required Battery 4 Cell 14.8V 1800-2600 mAh LiPo battery with XT60 connector (required)
    Required Radio 5+ Channel (required)
    Ailerons Yes
    Elevator Yes
    Rudder Yes
    Flaps No
    Lights No
    Hinge Type Nylon and foam
    Material EPO Foam
    Skill Level Intermediate
    Build Time 1 Hour
    Recommended Environment Outdoors
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Why can I not pre order this from EU website ?

Comment

Due to the close proximity of the ETA we felt there was no need for a pre-order. Hang tight my friend, she's coming soon!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Originally posted by Aros View Post
        Due to the close proximity of the ETA we felt there was no need for a pre-order. Hang tight my friend, she's coming soon!
        Thanks, I take it when James said it was available to order and take home right now in the promotional video released today ( minute 16 of video ) that was USA only, presumably because they are in stock there in the USA

Comment

Yes, sorry Paul. The EU shipment sat at the port without moving for about 3 weeks. I have no idea why that happened but it is on the water now. I'm hoping the ETA we posted is conservative and it actually arrives earlier.

Comment

I am probably missing something, but why is it five channel? I only see four listed? If this is anything like the EFX racer that hobbyking had I’m sure I would love it.
            Eventually Gravity Always Wins

Comment

Papadave418 - The aircraft uses a reverse ESC (not sure why). So there is an extra lead for that, but it is not needed

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                Yes, sorry Paul. The EU shipment sat at the port without moving for about 3 weeks. I have no idea why that happened but it is on the water now. I'm hoping the ETA we posted is conservative and it actually arrives earlier.
                Thanks Tom, this plane looks well thought out, battery cradle, skid plate, aileron rods on top of wing, easy assembly, looks like space for gyro with auto level for the nervous hand launcher as well. Should be here in time for my birthday next month.

Comment

I received mine today and my first impressions is the yellow film covering around the canopy is sh*t. It started peeling off while I was putting it together. I alrwady removed the little piece of yellow behind the cockpit because it was mostly falling off right out of the box. Also the motor was spinning the wrong way, which was an easy fix by swapping 2 of the motor wires around. Besides that everything looks great. Can't wait to maiden it tomorrow.

Comment

I have been flying planes, helis and drones for 20 + years now and this plane was very unstable on the maiden and impossible to control. I had the rates and expo set to what the manual stated. When it went into a dive, I could not pull out of it even with the elevator rates set on high. The plane is nowhere close to being stable as it is described on the motion rc website. Just wasted $200 bucks on this pos!

Comment

I was impressed by this when I saw the release video. But the two comments above have me keeping my money in my pocket.

I think I will wait until there are a few more balanced reviews before pulling the trigger.

Comment

I have 6 flights and 2 bad hand launches. I found it to need a good strong toss to get in the air from some one else because if you give it too much throttle it torque rolls hard into the dirt. Thank God for epoxy

Once it's up to speed and on step I found it to handle well. But for the love of God don't slow it down too much. I twice went 2 mistakes high to test its stall tendencies and both times it snapped hard instead of how most planes drop a wing gently. Both times it's dropped its left wing hard and did snap roll into a tight nose straight down spin. Both times I about had to change my shorts and barley got it recovered before it hit the ground.

So to recap if you have a good hand launching friend and keep the speed up its a nice flyer in my opinion.

Comment

I received my order 2 days ago. The plane is easy to put together. I added some glue to fixate the horizontal stabiliser. The crews alone were not enough to prevent the horizontal stab from moving a little bit when pushing the elevator control. I did 4 test flights in the mean time in windy conditions. The plane is easy to flight. It's fast but it still handles very well with my throttle stick below 30%. Very easy to land.
                          One thing I don't like is that I can see the plane oscillating quite a lot in a horizontal flight against the wind. The airplane waggles its tail from left to right for about 15 centimetres three to four times. (The head of the plane moves a little bit in the other direction so the plane itself does not bend.) It's not me steering unconsciously; it even happens when I keep my fingers of my sticks. The airplane corrects its course itself so it keeps flying in the same directions. So it's not really dangerous but it looks strange. Anyone else who experienced this or who had a potential solution? (I don't use a stabilator in my receiver; I have balanced the propellor and its hub.)

Comment

I saw two of these in action today. All I can say is that for $170, I'll have to order TWO! Seriously, though, they looked fantastic racing around the park this morning (what you could see other than a blur)!

Comment

Has anyone experienced broken props when landing on grass ? I'm considering changing to a folding prop.

Comment

Originally posted by Borro View Post
                                Has anyone experienced broken props when landing on grass ? I'm considering changing to a folding prop.
                                My EFXTRA racer used to break props all the time, nature of belly landers sometimes
                                Eventually Gravity Always Wins

Comment

I have this Velocity and the canopy came off during the flight and got lost. And Motion site does not have the canopy as a spare part. That's hard to believe.

Does anybody have the canopy for this plane they are willing to sell? Please message me directly if so.

Thanks,
                                  Ron

Comment

Working...
                                  X