Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARE WE GOING TO SEE NEW STOCK OF THIS RACER IN 2021.......or do we have to wait until COVID is over..!

Comment

• Would love to see this back in stock. I have had and liked many EFX racers and a few EFXtras. I had the V900 but did not like it. I would like to give this plane a try. I also would like to see a bigger version to compete with the V1200 with retractable gear and flaps that can fly on 6s 5000. That would be really cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aerobatic Addict View Post
        Would love to see this back in stock. I have had and liked many EFX racers and a few EFXtras. I had the V900 but did not like it. I would like to give this plane a try. I also would like to see a bigger version to compete with the V1200 with retractable gear and flaps that can fly on 6s 5000. That would be really cool!
        I still fly all my EFXtras and I just gave away the EFX racer I had still flying my V-900 and my Skynetic Havoc. Once I started flying the new V-1200 I have parked all the others. I hate hand launching and belly landing. Now when I go to fly I always have my V-1200 with. This plane beats them all hands down

Comment

• We’ve got a group of guys flying the EFX and EFXtra Racers at our local field. I picked up a used Havok when HK was out of stock on the EFXtras. My guess is that the EFXtra and Havok are likely coming out of the same factory. The packaging and graphics are pretty similar. My hope was that the Havok would hang with or outperform the EFXtras that we fly on 5s with stock 60amp ESC and 7” prop.

The KV on the Havok motor is lower so I would assume it would be slower on the same prop and battery setup. I static tested an APC 7x8 sport prop on 5s and it produced over 1400 watts. At the field the Havoc appeared to be 5-10mph faster on level flight. During the third race, the motor smoked. No replacements available at Motion.

I grabbed one of the motors from a crashed EFXtra and it has the exact same prop adaptor hole spacing. The only issue is that the EFXtra motor is shorter than the Havok motor. I used two of the EFXtra motor plates to space it out perfectly. I put a 7x7 APC sport prop on it and it didn’t disappoint. Didn’t get to race it against one of the EFXtras but I think it would hang.

My one observation is that the dihedral on the wings seems exaggerated compared to the relatively straight wing of the EFXtra. On a positive note, the Havok wing seems a little thinner and less draggy that the EFXtra.

The EFXtra and Havok are some of the best racers money can buy for $150. Tons of fun racing with a group on 5s.

Hope Motion gets the Havok and parts back in stock.

Comment

• Here is a clip from a couple of us racing.

https://youtu.be/P25LDPTD94g

The EFXtras don’t play well with others. Here is a V900 that my racer took out mid flight. We think my main wing broke off his vertical stab mid race.

Comment

• Once it does come back in stock, I think I'm going to buy two this time. I had a V1200 and sold it. Still prefer the Havok.

Comment

Working...
              X