X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WrightBrosRC View Post
    Have any of you gents tested the stall character of this aircraft?
    yes I have. The sticks just get real mushy and the plane almost falls as if is 3 point landing. It's strange, but really predictable and easy to manage. It actually is good for landings once you get used to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post

yes I have. The sticks just get real mushy and the plane almost falls as if is 3 point landing. It's strange, but really predictable and easy to manage. It actually is good for landings once you get used to it.
      Thx. Good to know. Although I prefer to land on mains at speed, no mush, with control surfaces still viable vs controlling a stall. What is your landing technique Tony? There still aren't many flight videos of this version for some reason even though they sell out quickly?
      There are hundreds of RC aviation videos viewable here; WBRC

Comment

• I guess I paid to much...LOLClick image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-20 103313.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	313472

Comment

• chines123 LOL, where did you find that?

WrightBrosRC Nothing special for landing. Just slow it on final(much slower than in the video lol) and then let her settle on the mains. I keep a very little bit of power on to maintain elevator and rudder authority, and let the tail settle. She's not a fan of three pointers. This technique might change a bit after I change the main wheels to the 5" Du-Bro pneumatics.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
            chines123 LOL, where did you find that?

WrightBrosRC Nothing special for landing. Just slow it on final(much slower that the video lol) and the her settle on the mains. I keep a very little bit of power on to maintain elevator and rudder authority, and let the tail settle. She's not a fan of three pointers. This technique might change a bit after I change the main wheels to the 5" Du-Bro pneumatics.
            I am sure it is a scam, https://www.villarruelasociados.xyz/...60534&pr=43.99

Comment

• Originally posted by chines123 View Post
              I think that's a pretty good guess.

Comment

• Took a little clip of the engine running after starting it the other day. I just can't get over the sound of that saito 3 cylinder....

https://youtu.be/lE_udtbcfEM

Comment

• 406PIlot Such a sweet sound!

Motion is down to 4 in stock at the US warehouse. Just an FYI the price on all of the wood ARFs are going up in a week from today.

I picked up a Nexa F--82 as a "just for fun" project before the prices go up. Opened the box to check it out. Actually looks pretty good.

Comment

• Looks like Black Horse is always improving the kits. I know the blisters on the cowl are not correct for this version on the plane but they do look really nice. I am sure I will mess it up when it comes time to put them on.

Comment

Looks like Black Horse is always improving the kits. I know the blisters on the cowl are not correct for this version on the plane but they do look really nice. I am sure I will mess it up when it comes time to put them on.
                      Is that carbon now being used in the Gilmore Redlion Racer? Looks REAL nice.

DaleD

Comment

• That's one way around the "balsa crunch". Should be quite strong. I'd be curious to see if there is a change in weight with the new framing.

Comment

• Servo question Would Spektrum A6330 work for the control surfaces? They have 126.6oz at 6V of torque. I also have the Savox 1230SG but some say they are overkill? What is everyone that has one already flying reccomendation?

Comment

Servo question Would Spektrum A6330 work for the control surfaces? They have 126.6oz at 6V of torque. I also have the Savox 1230SG but some say they are overkill? What is everyone that has one already flying reccomendation?
                            I am running the Savox 1230's in my Gilmore. The Spektrum 6330 would probably work. The control surfaces on the Gilmore aren't huge so it shouldn't be an issue using a smaller servo like the spektrum. The gilmore is so big & beautiful so why risk it with a cheaper servo is my thought on it. This is why i went with the savox 1230's

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post

I am running the Savox 1230's in my Gilmore. The Spektrum 6330 would probably work. The control surfaces on the Gilmore aren't huge so it shouldn't be an issue using a smaller servo like the spektrum. The gilmore is so big & beautiful so why risk it with a cheaper servo is my thought on it. This is why i went with the savox 1230's
                              Just curious what the right amount of torque should be Vs go big or go home, but hey that is why we fly the bigger birds :)

Comment

• Putting together lost of components needed to complete the build. Grateful for feedback on the recommended servo extension lengths. How precise are the recommended lengths in the manual?

I will most likely be using Savox servos and don't plan on using the y-connector.

Will a 200mm extension suffice for the suggested 220mm or should I go with 300mm?
                                Will a 300mm extension suffice for the suggested 330mm or should I go with 400mm?
                                What length is recommended for the aileron servos?

Thanks

DaleD

Comment

• chines123 Here is a servo calculator that can be useful for determining how much torque you need. I use it as a "minimum" starting baseline.

https://mnbigbirds.com/Servo%20Torque%20Caculator.htm

Comment

• Wheels pants and wheels mounted!
                                    Went with the nylon nuts as recommended by djmoose. I purposely mounted the wheel pants a little higher because I'll be landing on grass. Also went with pneumatic wheels. Looks like I'll need to find that magic spot of tightening the assembly enough so that it won't wobble, but not too much that compression will stop the wheel from spinning freely. Also looks as though I need to trim maybe 1/4" off the end of the axle bolt so it doesn't press against the wheel pant and distort it. Finally, it the pant may need some trimming on the outside so the wheel doesn't rub against it. Will know better once I cut off some of the axle and let the pant take its shape.

Once I'm satisfied with this, I'll turn it upright and attach the elevator and rudder.

Moving slowly, but worth the wait.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by DaleD View Post
                                      Putting together lost of components needed to complete the build. Grateful for feedback on the recommended servo extension lengths. How precise are the recommended lengths in the manual?

I will most likely be using Savox servos and don't plan on using the y-connector.

Will a 200mm extension suffice for the suggested 220mm or should I go with 300mm?
                                      Will a 300mm extension suffice for the suggested 330mm or should I go with 400mm?
                                      What length is recommended for the aileron servos?

Thanks

DaleD
                                      Pulled the trigger on servo extensions.

Would someone kindly advise what size prop nut/hub you are using?

Thanks

DaleD

Comment

• DaleD if you're looking for the spinner/hub, this is the one I went with: https://www.zyhobby.com/miracle-175i...ock-p1632.html

you can also pick it up on ebay from their store: https://www.ebay.com/itm/25176326485...RoC0DsQAvD_BwE

Good price, good quality, runs true and balanced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twowingtj View Post
                                          DaleD if you're looking for the spinner/hub, this is the one I went with: https://www.zyhobby.com/miracle-175i...ock-p1632.html

you can also pick it up on ebay from their store: https://www.ebay.com/itm/25176326485...RoC0DsQAvD_BwE

Good price, good quality, runs true and balanced.
                                          Much thanks

DaleD

Comment

Working...
                                          X