Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone done a smoke system in their gilmore? I'm curious how the smoke tank might be laid out in reference to the fuel tank etc. If anyone has done this and can post up a picture that would be great.

I'm thinking this might be a good winter project.

Comment

• If anyone wanted a Gilmore but hadn't gotten one yet i feel bad for you. The price is now $1,099 which is absolutely crazy!!!!!!!!

Comment

• I ordered a ton of planes this year...figured this would happen.

Comment

• Brothers at Charlotte Sport Modelers Society near Port Charlotte, FL.
          Attached Files

Comment

• RCBobP I'll bet that they would look and sound great flying pylon patterns together. Nice pic!

Comment

• Thanks. Both powered by Saito 90 radials. Sounds yummy!

Comment

• Hello,

Thanks for all the info about the Gilmore from everyone!
                I finally decided and bought this one (with the help of djmoose): the Blackhorse Gilmore Red Lion 2350
                I have more of Black Horse (war)planes but this is the best, so far...
                What impresses me the most is the new carbon build instead of wood. I see that Black horse is constantly improving his planes!
                I will attache some pics.

There are some questions however:
                - the round white wood where the electric motor is attached to, was that from fabric, or self invented?(I now have another one in box)
                - Anyone knows if the Rotomax 50 / 5300W power has enough power for this bird?

Click image for larger version

Name:	gilmo.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	338563Click image for larger version

Name:	gilmo2.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	338564Click image for larger version

Name:	gilmo3.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	338565Click image for larger version

Name:	gilmo4.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	338566

Comment

• Pilot appeared to have passed out midflight.

Unfortunately I went overkill and glued the canopy on top of CA on the screws. Three of the screws are glued in so tightly I stripped them trying to unscrew them.

How much would it affect the flying characteristics if I cut out the clear plastic in the canopy so I can reach in and fix the pilot? I suppose I could try to tape it back in place, but wouldn't look so good.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Can you cut the canopy near the screws the just put new screws near the old ones?

Comment

• Possibly. I hope I can do a good job with a blade to get the canopy off, because a ran a bead of glue around the base of the canopy too. I wanted to be sure that canopy wouldn't come off. I thought I secured the pilot pretty good. Obviously I didn't.

Comment

• I've been using Foam-Tac to attach canopies lately. Holds well, but stays pliable so the canopy can be removed later if needed.

Comment

• A little patience in the coolness (relatively) of my garage and I was able to get all of the screws out. I then took a knife and gently pried the canopy off. Used JBWeld Epoxy to set the pilot back on his plate. He better not go anywhere now! All looks good. I will use canopy glue now to fix the canopy back in place. I may go with small servo screws. I trust them over the small button heads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Helron View Post
                            - the round white wood where the electric motor is attached to, was that from fabric, or self invented?(I now have another one in box)
                            Thanks man! You'll love this plane! That round mount was included.

Keep us updated on your build!

Comment

• How's everyone doing with their Gilmore? Starting up my Saito radial is as much of a thrill as actually flying the plane!

Comment

• that FG-90 is just music to the ear. It's such a fantastic sounding engine and fits the Gilmore perfectly!

Comment

Working...
                                X