Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djmoose
    replied
    I ordered a ton of planes this year...figured this would happen.

Leave a comment:

• 406PIlot
    replied
    If anyone wanted a Gilmore but hadn't gotten one yet i feel bad for you. The price is now $1,099 which is absolutely crazy!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• 406PIlot
    replied
    Has anyone done a smoke system in their gilmore? I'm curious how the smoke tank might be laid out in reference to the fuel tank etc. If anyone has done this and can post up a picture that would be great.

I'm thinking this might be a good winter project.

Leave a comment:

• RCBobP
    replied
    Photo taken by a photography hobbyist who came to our club's annual community fly-in. Great detail on the zoom but you're right....would have loved to seen the whole plane.

Leave a comment:

• DaleD
    replied
    Originally posted by RCBobP View Post
    Another awesome photo.
    VERY nice shot indeed. I would have loved to see the full aircraft. Cant help but wonder what is going on with the tail section.

DaleD

Leave a comment:

• Twowingtj
    replied
    RCBobP Nice shot. Still, the coolest Gilmore pilot in the cockpit.

Leave a comment:

• 406PIlot
    replied
    Is that a super aggressive take off or a fancy tail first landing.

Great photo either way!!

Leave a comment:

• RCBobP
    replied
    Another awesome photo.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RCBobP
    replied
    Thanks, 406PIlot . I worry that with my luck, I'll try to bend it, but it will break!

Leave a comment:

• Karolh
    replied
    Someone took this picture of my Gilmore in the air, so I thought I'd pass it along.
    In one word .... sweeeet !!

Leave a comment:

• 406PIlot
    replied
    Seems like we always have to be thinking about the next improvement to our setup. Can't leave well enough alone.

I don't trust the EZ Connector on the throttle servo arm. I tightened the set screw, but my paranoia makes me think that one day it will loosen and I won't be able to move the throttle while she's in the air. Now that I have the throws and trims where I want it, how big of a sin would it be to place a drop of medium CA on the push rod on either side of the connector? Or does anyone have a better idea? Or is my paranoia unfounded? (As the saying goes, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not really out to get you.)
    Put a 90bend in the wire just behind the connector. This should keep it from coming completely out should the screw get loose. Also no harm in a little ca or some blue loctite
    here is a picture of mine doing exactly as I mentioned. The picture is bad but you get the idea (I hope).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211018_172409747~2.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	327560

Just make sure you don't need to adjust the rod before you trim and bend.

Leave a comment:

• DaleD
    replied
    Someone took this picture of my Gilmore in the air, so I thought I'd pass it along.
    DropDeadGorgeous

DaleD

Leave a comment:

• RCBobP
    replied
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DaleD
    replied
    Originally posted by Karolh View Post
    Hi Dale, your model will certainly take center stage at the field whenever you maiden her as she is a very commanding model to
    look at. I like your very neat installs and attention to detail. Can't wait to see her fly and hear the awesome sound of that 5 cylinder doing it's thing pardie.
    Very nice of you to drop in Karol. Thanks for the kind words and encouragement.

DaleD

Leave a comment:

• Karolh
    replied
    You have company in that department as any connection that I have the slightest doubt of it coming loose gets a dab of loctite or CA just for my peace of mind and also safety's sake.

Leave a comment:

• RCBobP
    replied
    Seems like we always have to be thinking about the next improvement to our setup. Can't leave well enough alone.

I don't trust the EZ Connector on the throttle servo arm. I tightened the set screw, but my paranoia makes me think that one day it will loosen and I won't be able to move the throttle while she's in the air. Now that I have the throws and trims where I want it, how big of a sin would it be to place a drop of medium CA on the push rod on either side of the connector? Or does anyone have a better idea? Or is my paranoia unfounded? (As the saying goes, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not really out to get you.)

Leave a comment:

• Karolh
    replied
    Hi Dale, your model will certainly take center stage at the field whenever you maiden her as she is a very commanding model to
    look at. I like your very neat installs and attention to detail. Can't wait to see her fly and hear the awesome sound of that 5 cylinder doing it's thing pardie.

Leave a comment:

• Twowingtj
    replied
    It's great to see all of these Red Lions coming together and taking to the air! Congrats guys!

Leave a comment:

• RCBobP
    replied
    That 5-cylinder engine looks bad arse! If I had known about it, I probably would have used that one, not that there's anything wrong with the Saito!

Looking forward to your flight report, and take some video so we can hear that engine purr!

Leave a comment:

• 406PIlot
    replied
    DaleD That 5 cylinder looks so good in there!!! Nice clean install of batteries etc. Good work. Can't wait to hear your report on the maiden. We are all rooting for a successful flight!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X