Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He is trying to make better a plane he hasn't flown.

I agree that for the money it's hard to find better. The HP Mirage is close at $50 more than the Vulcan and the lowly HP Stinger64 at $169 is as good if you add the "for the money" part. I put a 6S 64mm set up in my S64 and it is my highest performance Jet, the only one that has truly unlimited vertical.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post

Interesting. I fly mine stock in Denver and it has no issues with performance. After about a dozen flights now, I'm loving it more and more. Can't think of anything with better performance for the money.
      Oh it already has stellar performance, but why not make it more efficient? This mod also helps with adding flight time due to more efficient airflow to the edf = less power to fly. I also currently reside at 5300 ft up so any benefit is welcome. Actually today a friend brought a radar gun and we measured 125 mph level flight, and a 4.5 min flight time on a 4000mAh 6S (landed at 3.77 Volts per cell). Watching stock videos of the Vulcan, I'd say that's an improvement. Also since I wanted to be able to transport the Vulcan in its box, I am avoiding any mods that will mess with the dimensions of the airframe.
      If you do not wish to add it to your airplane, that is entirely your choice! I just wanted to show and share something I thought would be helpful and cool. I'm not saying the stock performance is poor, because it absolutely is not, but there's no harm in making it better! I also noticed you added the nozzle onto your painted Vulcan, and that increases performance/speed tremendously. I didn't want to do that for the reason above, and that it decreases your static thrust. The splitter doesn't do that. I just did what I thought would work best!

Originally posted by Evan D View Post
      He is trying to make better a plane he hasn't flown.
      Exactly! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by DaFlyingSnek View Post

Oh it already has stellar performance, but why not make it more efficient? This mod also helps with adding flight time due to more efficient airflow to the edf = less power to fly. I also currently reside at 5300 ft up so any benefit is welcome. Actually today a friend brought a radar gun and we measured 125 mph level flight, and a 4.5 min flight time on a 4000mAh 6S (landed at 3.77 Volts per cell). Watching stock videos of the Vulcan, I'd say that's an improvement. Also since I wanted to be able to transport the Vulcan in its box, I am avoiding any mods that will mess with the dimensions of the airframe.
        If you do not wish to add it to your airplane, that is entirely your choice! I just wanted to show and share something I thought would be helpful and cool. I'm not saying the stock performance is poor, because it absolutely is not, but there's no harm in making it better! I also noticed you added the nozzle onto your painted Vulcan, and that increases performance/speed tremendously. I didn't want to do that for the reason above, and that it decreases your static thrust. The splitter doesn't do that. I just did what I thought would work best!

Exactly! :D
        Do you have an .stl for the one you put in your Raptor? I have the 8s. Would be curious to try it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post

Do you have an .stl for the one you put in your Raptor? I have the 8s. Would be curious to try it.
          I'm currently away from my home computer so I don't have the stl with me, but if you're willing to dig in the Freewing 90mm F-22 forums, you can find it there. If not, I'll dm it to ya when I'm back!

Comment

Working...
          X