X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeeMeDo View Post
    Well I got my maiden in Monday even with pretty good crosswinds it went great. I was doing a 360 range check and just decided to take off. Used an Admiral 6s 4000 battery, Admiral\ Lemon Rx with satellite, no gyro. Had 53% left after 3.5 minutes.
    Our runway is so rough my FW F-16 can't take off but the Avanti S took off at 3/4 throttle. Going to have a lot of fun with this for sure. Thank you for all your posts which helped.

Jeff in LA USA
    Way to Go SeeMeDo . Wait till you get a few more flights in and really start to trust this bird, it's a "trainer" in a wolf's clothing, but don't let anyone you fly with know that. It will do any acrobatic maneuver you can think of, and plenty that you can't. Wait till you try some high alpha stuff and a few knife edge passes, you'll think that it must have it's own pilot in it actually flying. It makes me look like I've actually got some skills, which couldn't be further from the truth.

The guy who designed and licenses the Havoc is one of our members and I think even he acknowledges how well the Avanti flies!
    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
    Hangar: FlightLine-90mm F18 Canadian Demo, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom, F4 Blue Angel, 1600mm Corsair & Spitfire, Olive & Silver B-24, Stinger 90, Red 80mm Avanti. Extreme Flight-Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, 62" MXS Green, 62" Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51, Apprentice.

Comment

• Thank you Wildman, the Avanti S flies great and the landing gear are fantastic,
      Jeff in LA USA

Comment

• Originally posted by larspe View Post

That looks great. Any chance you can send me or post the STL file so that I can print an identical tray myself? Thanks again!
        Thank you. I’m glad this can help . I’ll start a Thingiverse page and post the STL by this weekend.
        Instagram: @tcat.rc.creations

Comment

• Originally posted by wildnloose View Post
          T-CAT,
          You know, I was just starting to search for pictures and ideals of receiver placement. Then I saw your idea. Great idea. I do not have a 3d printer but I surely can make something similar out of balsa. Thank you!!!
          Ha-ha, any time! What’s funny is that I actually starting building the tray out of balsa. Since I am new to 3D printers, my first thought was to just build the tray, but I realized I could design something and print it. I’m still getting used to that.

Comment

• Slightly off topic, but I finally got around to editing a video of the maiden flight of my 120mm Avanti XS. I take the Freewing Avanti out pretty much every weekend, so I wanted to try the larger one. My landing could have been better....but could have been worse!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gringotuerto View Post
              Slightly off topic, but I finally got around to editing a video of the maiden flight of my 120mm Avanti XS. I take the Freewing Avanti out pretty much every weekend, so I wanted to try the larger one. My landing could have been better....but could have been worse!

Congrats on the flight . The characters you placed as the pilots are awesome, ha-ha.

Comment

• Niiice!

Comment

Working...
                X