Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just did the maiden with my new Avanti. Tricked it out to the max....

FrSky Archer SR10 Pro
    GPS
    RPM/Temperature
    G63 Brakes/Steering Gyro
    JP Electric Brakes

Best flying EDF I ever owned!!! Excellent job Freewing except for 1 thing!!! Now some tough love... Many of the sticker graphics are coming off the airplane. The "AvantiS" on the right side is half gone. Some checkerboard gone. What the heck? Brand new airplane peeling apart before I got it airborne.

Does anyone know if MRC will replace the graphics???

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	Avanti, Hurricane and uglystik.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	270.8 KB
ID:	317085
      Originally posted by Biff767 View Post
      Just did the maiden with my new Avanti. Tricked it out to the max....

FrSky Archer SR10 Pro
      GPS
      RPM/Temperature
      G63 Brakes/Steering Gyro
      JP Electric Brakes

Best flying EDF I ever owned!!! Excellent job Freewing except for 1 thing!!! Now some tough love... Many of the sticker graphics are coming off the airplane. The "AvantiS" on the right side is half gone. Some checkerboard gone. What the heck? Brand new airplane peeling apart before I got it airborne.

Does anyone know if MRC will replace the graphics???
      You are not the first with this issue. Set your covering film iron on low and the temperature will melt the glue enough to re stick them. Warning !!!!,too high temperature will bubble the foam so start low. I have a Hobbyking iron set to a fraction under a quarter of the dial good luck

Comment

• I'm considering purchasing the Avanti ARF Plus and installing a 80mm w/ a 3270-2000Kv motor from an E-Flight F-18 model. My question is how similar is the Avanti compared to the Freewing BAE Hawk 70mm HP? The obvious difference is w/ the fan and motor but are the flight characteristic similar?

Apologizes if this was previously discussed but there are a lot of pages.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrDeath View Post
          So I have flown my AvantiS for 4 seasons and love this plane. I have cranked the stock motor up to about 128mph, but I want to go FASTER! I have been reading about the FMS 80MM V2 12 BLADE PRO 3280 2100KV EDF FOR 6S and I am wondering do I need another ESC for this setup or is the stock one doable?
          I am flying my Avanti with the FMS 2100KV fan and a 100A ESC. It works great.

Comment

• I finally finished and maiden flew my Green Avanti. It has GPS for ground speed, Vario for altimeter, Cell voltage with low cell warning, Amp and mAh telemetry. Have the Afterburner with silver tape in the duct. This is #1 based on a yellow ARF, #2 is underway based on red ARF. I made two green because I got frustrated part way with #1 and was going to abandon the project and started #2. Then I corrected the issues with #1 so I have two. #2 won't have as many bell and whistles (at this time).

Click image for larger version

Name:	RSP_0019.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	319444Click image for larger version

Name:	RSP_0162.jpg
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	319447Click image for larger version

Name:	RSP_0071.jpg
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	319448Click image for larger version

Name:	RSP_0168.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	319441Click image for larger version

Name:	RSP_0024.jpg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	319442Click image for larger version

Name:	RSP_0090.jpg
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	319443
            Attached Files

Comment

• Scott Page outstanding looking Avanti, love it in green. Great photos BTW, and the AB's are a must, well done!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51, Apprentice.

Comment

Working...
              X