X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
    Kmot Your radial transforms the model! Where did you get the radial? Parkflyer Plastics? 3D Printed? Fabricated from scratch? I'm viewing these photos on my phone, but I think I see very fine lines which would indicate it's a 3D print. Whatever it is, it looks great!
    Thank you Alpha!

The radial is indeed a 3D printed kit. A fellow in Germany makes it. He also has uploaded the STL files so anyone can print it. Or you can order a kit from Peter. He is on RC Groups and his page link is thus:

RC Groups - the most active Radio Control model community: electric and fuel rc airplanes,rc helis,rc boats and rc cars. Features discussion forums, blogs, videos and classifieds.

The link to the STL files:

3D models, available for download in MAX, OBJ, FBX, MB and other file formats, ready for VR / AR, animation, games and other 3D projects.

Comment

• Hey, does anyone have a paint code for the blue trim on the wing tips and rudder? :)

Comment

• Easier to take a piece to Lowes or Ace and have them scan it, It'll give you the correct paint match in a sample can for sometimes under $5

Grossman56
        Team Gross!

Comment

• Thank's G-man. I did that with my FMS P-40. Two of three colors did not match when I got it home. So I am a little gun shy about that method. :)

Comment

• It happens, unfortunately.
            As someone who does landscape and portraiture, I love mixing paint, so I will take a small amount out of the can and see what I can do to lock in the color. It also depends on who does the mixing, I have a guy at our Ace who is amazing, he'll shake the can, pop the lid and go in there with a stir stick to get the excess color off the sides off the can and shake it again. Remember, this is a $5 sample can, how can you get better customer service than that?
            I found that to make the brown color, you add red to the green with a bit of white.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6746_0004.JPG Views:	0 Size:	131.6 KB ID:	262763Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_6748_0006.JPG Views:	0 Size:	139.7 KB ID:	262764 As you can see where I peeled off the original tiger to replace it with the Callie graphics version, you can't tell the difference.
            Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_7033.JPG Views:	0 Size:	91.8 KB ID:	262765

Grossman56
            Team Gross!

Comment

• Picked up a PNP Eflite T-6 a few weeks ago to fly with my 32 year old son. We bought him one for Christmas last year. I got to fly it a while back and really liked the way it flew. They've been out of production for a bit but I was able to find one at Atlanta Hobby. I've always liked the Navy gray, yellow, orange scheme and was able to find applicable graphics from Callie. I installed an Admiral 6 channel stabilization receiver and Robart 3" wheels and the finished product flies amazing. My son's is still in tbe Air Force scheme and we regularly fly them in formation. Great airplane.
              Attached Files

Comment

• Does anyone know what the CORRECT part number is for the servo wing connector? According to the Horizon website, the show the part # as EFL 8758 and the correct picture of the connector. When I order that part #, it's a "Parts Kit" with screws and control horns. (See attached pictures). I know HH discontinued this, but some remaining parts are still available at other distributors. I just need to order the connector and prop adapter.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Frankly I wouldn’t trust anything on the HH for source info at the moment until they finish rebuilding the website systems as announced last week.

Comment

• Originally posted by GuitarGuy1144 View Post
                    Frankly I wouldn’t trust anything on the HH for source info at the moment until they finish rebuilding the website systems as announced last week.
                    No Joke. That's the biggest mess I've ever seen.

Mike
                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kmot View Post
                      Thank's G-man. I did that with my FMS P-40. Two of three colors did not match when I got it home. So I am a little gun shy about that method. :)
                      I agree that Home Depot or other places like Ace Hardware can get close, sometimes very close that it is hard to tell the difference between new and old. But when I needed a spot-on match for fixing some dings on my B-2 Spirit, I really needed an exact match. This time, I went to a Sherwin Williams paint store in town with a part of my model to see if they could do better. Their paint computers, not to mention the dedication of the workers trying to get the match for me, was "par excellence." I was really impressed. It was truly a perfect match and when I thinned it for my air brush, I really couldn't tell the difference between factory and the repair coverings I did.

It costs more than the other places like Home Depot and the rest, and I'm certainly not knocking any of them; I've used them for years. But for my money on scale projects, I go to Sherwin Williams now. For what it's worth.

Good luck!

Davegee

Comment

Working...
                      X