First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official FlightLine RC 2000mm B-24D/J Liberator Thread

Project Tennyson50:
    FlightLine RC 2000mm B-24 Liberator

Click image for larger version  Name:	19.jpg Views:	1 Size:	72.1 KB ID:	104728
    "Cannon to right of them,
    Cannon to left of them,
    Cannon in front of them
    Volleyed and thundered..."

Alfred, Lord Tennyson, The Charge of the Light Brigade

Operation Tidal Wave was one of the most costly bombing raids for the USAAF in World War II, in which 177 B-24 Liberators participated but more than 100 were either lost or damaged. 220 crewmen were either captured or missing, and twice as many were killed. Five Medals of Honor were awarded, the most ever for a single airborne action, three of which were awarded posthumously. War is always cruel and never romantic; there are no soaring orchestras, only the embodiment of suffering. Nevertheless, we commemorate all those souls who endured and served, half a league, half a league, half a league, onward.

The famed B-24 Liberator is one of the most recognizable WWII aircraft of all time. Serving in every theater of that global conflict, the B-24 fought to bring its brave crews home through unimaginable danger. With humility and reverence, Motion RC is proud to introduce the world’s first foam electric PNP B-24 Liberator, in remembrance of the crews who gave the ultimate sacrifice and those who carry on its memory.

The FlightLine RC B-24 Liberator is approximately 1/16.7 scale, with a 2000mm wingspan and 1230mm length, and is constructed from EPO foam and reinforced with integrated aluminum, carbon fiber, plywood, and plastic structures. Designed with input from the Collings Foundation, which operates the only flying B-24-J, "Witchcraft", our flying electric RC model delivers the ultimate experience for pilots seeking a worthy homage to the historic Liberator.

Due to the many configurations of the real B-24, the model features modular design to allow each modeler to customize his/her model further. A magnetic nose section allows owners to quickly swap between B-24 variants, the -D (“Greenhouse” nose), and the -J (“Emerson turret” nose), and the Upper Turret on both variants and the Nose Turret on the -J variant can be panned with an optional 9g servo. Steerable tillers are pre-installed, including special provisions to fit FPV cameras in the nose with minimal modification. Waist gunner windows are left uninstalled, giving pilots the option to detail the interior and/or depict a variant with or without the windows installed. An internal wooden spine reinforces the bomb bay area, if a modeler chooses to install operating doors. An all new pilot figure sculpt depicts period accurate A-2 crew jacket, radio headset, and iconic “crusher” cap and insignia. This B-24 is the perfect platform for customization and personalization!

Despite its very large size, primary assembly of the entire aircraft is completed with only 12 screws; glue is only required for cosmetic details such as antennas and windows. A quick disconnect ribbon wire harness consolidates wiring into a central circuit board inside the fuselage. Each wing is removable with two screws, making this large aircraft extremely easy to transport in the front passenger seat of a standard sized car.

The FlightLine RC B-24 uses four 3530-860kv brushless outrunner motors, 30A ESCs, counter-rotating propellers, and a separate UBEC. The recommended pair of 4s 14.8v 3000-4000mAh lipo batteries, common with most of the other FlightLine RC aircraft series, can power the aircraft in excess of 110kph/70mph, for 5-10 minutes based on a pilot’s throttle management. We prefer mid-throttle cruising for 7+ minutes of scale-style flying, appropriate for a bomber of this size. The outboard motor pair and inboard motor pair are powered by separate flight batteries, allowing for powered landings in the event of one battery losing a cell. Big retracts, 70mm tall nose wheel and 85mm tall main wheels provide stable operation on grass runways, with split flaps aiding controlled low speed flight and landing approaches.

Available in both green and silver paint schemes, each model includes BOTH the -D and -J nose in the box, and includes two decal sets comprising both waterslide and matte vinyl decals. Additional decal sets are available for purchase from our partner, Callie Graphics, at www.callie-graphics.com. A main strut suspension strut is available as an upgrade for rough runways, and a nose door upgrade is also available, although only recommended for paved runways due to the B-24’s characteristically low ground clearance. Also for the first time at Motion RC, we will be making available for download several 3D-Print-Ready "Detail Kits", including a Cockpit Kit with complete instrument panel, controls, and seats, and a Nose Detail Kit including turret detail for the -J variant, and a bomb sight for the -D variant. These Kits will be available for download for FREE while the first Pre-Order lasts.

With near endless personalization possibilities, the pinnacle of your warbird hangar has arrived --The FlightLine RC 2000mm B-24 Liberator! Pre-Order yours today... the first shipment is already sailing on the Pacific! INCOMING!

Link to Green PNP Pre-Order Page: http://www.motionrc.com/products/fli...rab-2000mm-pnp
    Link to Silver PNP Pre-Order Page: http://www.motionrc.com/products/fli...ver-2000mm-pnp

Video One, with more to come!

Podcast, too! We're also very excited for the opportunity to be featured on the RC After Hours Podcast. Visit them here: http://www.rcafterhours.com/018-excl...from-motionrc/

And shirts!
    Finally, we're proud to have collaborated with Bunker 27 for the release of their latest shirt, featuring the B-24 Liberator!

https://www.bunker27.com/collections...flying-box-car

Use the Discount Code "MOTION30" for 30% off (only on Bunker 27 branded products). The 30% off code will expire Monday, 11/28/2017 at midnight.

Click image for larger version  Name:	18.jpg Views:	1 Size:	42.9 KB ID:	104727Click image for larger version  Name:	mastera.jpg Views:	1 Size:	125.3 KB ID:	104730
    Click image for larger version  Name:	mastera[1].jpg Views:	2 Size:	87.3 KB ID:	104732Click image for larger version  Name:	7[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	268.3 KB ID:	104731
    Attached Files
    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Coming at ya....

Click image for larger version

Name:	4[1].jpg
Views:	9042
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	104738

Presentation pass

Name:	1[1].jpg
Views:	9086
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	104741

Gear coming down

Name:	16.jpg
Views:	9456
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	104739
    Dirty pass

Name:	14.jpg
Views:	9458
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	104740

Attached Files

Comment

Just because it's a 2000mm bomber, this bird still has lots of "pep". Credit to Bajora and his team and also our internal media team for wringing out their B-24s. Vertical climbs, inverted... flies like the Tigercat in many ways.

Going up!

Click image for larger version  Name:	FW_B24_IF_17.jpg Views:	1 Size:	49.0 KB ID:	104745

Because I was inverted...
      Click image for larger version  Name:	FW_B24_IF_08.jpg Views:	1 Size:	36.9 KB ID:	104744

We're excited to hear from our Guest Reviewer, TiredIronGRB, soon. And thank you to Bajora as always! Look for his exclusive review in an upcoming Model Aviation! I'll let these two chime in with their photos and impressions, as the rest of us await the arrival of the first container. **EDIT** These are going quickly!

Bajora's layout

Name:	FW_B24_Kit_01 - Copy.jpg
Views:	8888
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	104748

Head's up!

Name:	FW_B24_Stat_O_03 - Copy.jpg
Views:	8995
Size:	108.9 KB
ID:	104749

Comment

Fantastic! :Smug:

Comment

Nose turret on the -J version splits in two. Perfect for FPV Turret Cam...

Name:	IMG_20171107_152302.jpg
Views:	8864
Size:	85.4 KB
ID:	104760

New sculpt, as mentioned in the Description in Post #1. Period accurate A2 jacket, radio set, and cap

Name:	IMG_20171107_154224.jpg
Views:	8986
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	104761

Lovely Liberators awaiting boxing over two weeks ago..

Name:	IMG_20171107_154948.jpg
Views:	8806
Size:	135.5 KB
ID:	104763

Base colors are pre-painted, but none of the markings are pre-applied. Perfect canvas for customization!

Name:	IMG_20171107_154251.jpg
Views:	8874
Size:	130.8 KB
ID:	104762

Comment

Already got mine ordered! I am super excited about this plane, not only is it my favorite bomber I had an uncle that was crew on one over in Italy.

Comment

Beautiful!

Comment

Motion RC Exclusive:

As mentioned in Post #1, we're trying something new with the B-24 Liberator. Models like the Freewing MiG-21 and A-10, and the FlightLineRC F7F Tigercat really lit a fire in the "Inner Modeler" inside many of us, and we here at Motion RC were very gratified to see that. The photos of repaints and mods we've seen from pilots has really been inspiring. To continue that trend of encouraging Personalization and Customization, we have prepared 3D-Print-Ready files that fit perfectly into the B-24. For anyone with a 3D Printer, we'll be making these files available for download in about two weeks, and they'll be FREE while the first pre-order lasts. These files, just to start, comprise different detail Kits, allowing a modeler to further detail his/her B-24 with interior details. For those of you without access to a 3D printer, there are online companies that offer 3D printing service, and better yet, if the interest in this sort of idea is popular, we are prepared to stock printed Kits in our inventory that will just require paint and some glue to finish.

Here's a taste of what's to come!

Cockpit Set (Seats, instrument panels, yokes)

Name:	B-24D-J --3DP Cockpit Detail Set.jpg
Views:	8951
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	104766
                B-24D Nose Set (bombadier sight, floor, and full length machine guns)

Name:	B-24D --3DP Nose Set.jpg
Views:	10008
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	104765

B-24J Nose Set (full turret detail and full length machine guns)

Name:	B-24J --3DP Nose Detail Set.jpg
Views:	9090
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	104768

Turret Detail Set (Upper and Rear turrets with detail and full length machine guns, and waist gunner positions)

Name:	B-24-D-J Defense Detail Set.jpg
Views:	9062
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	104767

Comment

Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you get pics of the as received plane? I'm going to do a repaint and I'm wondering if it comes without decals like the Freewing A-10 or not. The plane I would do will be olive drab but I wonder if the silver one would be a better starting point?

Comment

Holy Crap that's awesome. Got to wait for round 2 though. You guys are killing me with all these great offerings..

Mike
                    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

According to the product description the decals are NOT applied. Each plane comes with two decal sets.

Comment

Sweet Alpha and team! We needed a nice Liberator!

Comment

That was a lot of fun doing that podcast. Really hope everyone enjoys the show.
                          Intagram, YouTube, RCAfterhours

Comment

Originally posted by petefoss View Post
                            Mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine, mine,!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you get pics of the as received plane? I'm going to do a repaint and I'm wondering if it comes without decals like the Freewing A-10 or not. The plane I would do will be olive drab but I wonder if the silver one would be a better starting point?
                            Scroll up a bit.

Comment

Forget the like button, we need a LOVE button here!

Comment

Reserved for interior photos and measurements

Comment

The RC world just changed...
                                  TiredIron Aviation
                                  Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
                                    The RC world just changed...
                                    That's a understatement.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                      Motion RC Exclusive:

As mentioned in Post #1, we're trying something new with the B-24 Liberator. Models like the Freewing MiG-21 and A-10, and the FlightLineRC F7F Tigercat really lit a fire in the "Inner Modeler" inside many of us, and we here at Motion RC were very gratified to see that. The photos of repaints and mods we've seen from pilots has really been inspiring. To continue that trend of encouraging Personalization and Customization, we have prepared 3D-Print-Ready files that fit perfectly into the B-24. For anyone with a 3D Printer, we'll be making these files available for download in about two weeks, and they'll be FREE while the first pre-order lasts. These files, just to start, comprise different detail Kits, allowing a modeler to further detail his/her B-24 with interior details. For those of you without access to a 3D printer, there are online companies that offer 3D printing service, and better yet, if the interest in this sort of idea is popular, we are prepared to stock printed Kits in our inventory that will just require paint and some glue to finish.

Here's a taste of what's to come!

Cockpit Set (Seats, instrument panels, yokes)

Name:	B-24D-J --3DP Cockpit Detail Set.jpg
Views:	8951
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	104766
                                      B-24D Nose Set (bombadier sight, floor, and full length machine guns)

Name:	B-24D --3DP Nose Set.jpg
Views:	10008
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	104765

B-24J Nose Set (full turret detail and full length machine guns)

Name:	B-24J --3DP Nose Detail Set.jpg
Views:	9090
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	104768

Turret Detail Set (Upper and Rear turrets with detail and full length machine guns, and waist gunner positions)

Name:	B-24-D-J Defense Detail Set.jpg
Views:	9062
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	104767
                                      Absolutely fantastic idea! Way to go Motion RC!

Comment

Man that's just over the top.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                                        X