Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All is well with this plane. Took a bit of lead to balance with the single 6200mah configuration, but still talking 10 minute flights ruddering her around (definitely not a bank and yank plane hey). Absolutely smitten with the look and it flies like it's on rails.

Arduino system for the turrets works well but, as expected, it's only really a kitch thing to show off on the ground.

Comment

• I just received one earlier today assembled it and did the programming. I also ordered the shock absorbing Oleo struts for it so if I do not like the currently installed gear I will changed them out Very nice plane another top quality bird from Motion now for some good weather. We will be flying off some snow we are about to get this weekend here in the Black Hills maybe a total of 8 to 12" by tommoraw night and high wins with blizzard conditions tomorrow
      Click image for larger version

Name:	B-24.jpg
Views:	910
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	242247

Comment

• Hey Guys, Has anyone had trouble with the control boards??? Haven't flown mine yet because of some aileron and some elevator twitching. Also while trying to trouble shoot, I was moving wires and connections, the motors would come on and off. Thinking about by-passing the control boards...Has anybody had to do this??? Thanks in advance

Comment

• I finally got around to finishing the B-24 now that the weather is warming up. While getting ready to install all linkages I centered all the servo's in my trans The first set I decided to install were the two Elevator rods, while looking at how the two servo arm to see if they were both straight up I could see the one was leaning forward, and the other side was leaning back after installing the linkage I started to set the throws one elevator in the up position the left elev. was more than 10 mm higher than the right elev. By changing the position of one servo horn I was hoping they may match they did not even come close. so now I either have to hook one elev. to another channel and use travel adjust to match or replace but I called MRC and since it has been over 30 days I will have to pay for the servo's, I should not have to pay for something that was messed up from the factory, not a good situation. This makes me a very dissatisfied customer

Comment

• Hey Wild Man I can understand your frustration but most companies have a 30 day return policy and some won't even take electronics back at all. That is why when you get a plane you should check all the servos with a servo tester and also hook up your reciever and battery and check the motors then you can be sure everything is in working order before return date is up. Good luck.

Comment

• A servo test would not have caught this problem a servo test just tells you the servo is working, after looking at and checking how all the servo's center on this B-24 I find that none of them center the same and some are worse than others, The flap servo's do not match center or throws, The aileron servo's do not match centers or throw, and the rudder servo's are off, but I guess we can not expect to much from such cheep servo's

Comment

• Wild Man A servo tester (even the less than $10 ones) actually has the capability to check centering of servo's
                Warbird Charlie
                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Poor centering may not necessarily be a function of how much a servo costs. It's likely a matter of the servo arm not being able to achieve a perfect 90 degree orientation relative to the servo body, even when the servo is centered. One tooth one way or one tooth the other way just doesn't do it. It so happens that the 90 degree desired angle is between two teeth. Even expensive servos can have this trait. If you want perfection, you'd need to have enough channels so you can put every servo on a different channel so you can sub-trim each one to achieve what you want. Personally, I find the best compromise I can with what I have and be done with it. Rarely, have I encountered any insurmountable difficulties in the air because of this. Another option is to buy a big bag of servos and find matched pairs.

Comment

• xviper I am not one to complain much And I do have just as much experience as you and many others, but when I find a problem as bad as these two servo's that draws a line I have done and used all the same remedies as you have mentioned but found know other alternative Yes I could have used another channel and dialed it in,, I tried resetting the servo arm to get it to match better but it was not going to happen, But all of this is not the point. I could care less about perfection the purpose of these foamies is to assemble hope things check some what close and go fly the crap out of them, but some times you just get tired of fixing things that should have been correct right out of the box Which does not ever happen. I happened to have a pair of new servo's the right size and replace the crap servo's in the horizontal stab glued them in checked linkage adjustment, and checked for correct throws up and down on the elevators now they both center and have the same travel up and down. End of Story

Comment

• Guys,

Anyone running 3 cells:
                      What MAH are you using?
                      Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                        Guys,

Anyone running 3 cells:
                        What MAH are you using?
                        Thanks.
                        I'm using Admiral 3S - 3700 40C batteries.

Mike
                        \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by theoldALFER View Post
                          Guys,

Anyone running 3 cells:
                          What MAH are you using?
                          Thanks.
                          I have been using 3600s, and had to move one as far forward as possible to get the plane balanced. But it flew great and with plenty of power and duration.
                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Went to fly mine today in honor of DDay (yesterday was stormy) and I forgot to bring battery adapters.

*Sigh*

Good thing I wasn't in charge at Normandy

Comment

• Had a nice flight with the FL B-24 down at the big Warbird fly in at Bomber Field on Saturday. Mine was dwarfed by the 120" span glow powered B-24 model that was there, though....:)

Comment

• No pictures!! You have a phone. I want to see what you see.
                                Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                  No pictures!! You have a phone. I want to see what you see.
                                  I should take more pictures, but I like to see things without looking through a viewfinder.

This video shows some of the action at the event. The first half of the video is some impressive full scale Warbird flybys at the event, and the second half shows some of the great bomber models that were there, so you can see what I saw...;)

A few clips from the annual RC warbird event at Bomber Field USA in Monaville, Texas. The first two clips are from full scale aircraft that gave the crowds ...

Comment

• Awesome Video. Now I want a B-29 worse then ever. The B-17 landing looked scary. I think the building skills are higher then flying skills with that particular plane. Very nice all the them.
                                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• After changing out the two elevator servos for two that matched and checking everything. We had some calm weather with a slight crosswind this evening just after sunset. So I decided to do the test flight. All went well. I am flying it on two Admiral 4 cell 4000's. This plane has good power and on take off I only used 1/2 throttle. Awesome looking War bird in the sky, and after flying my jets and racer's it is like flying a huge lumber wagon LOL!!! now I need to put the updated main gear on it that I ordered with the plane

Comment

• I'm in the process of building up my Great Uncle's (who's still with us at 96) B-24H "Eight Ball" and was curious if anyone has come up with a solution to the missing ball turret? I'm working with a buddy of mine to attempt a 3D printed version but figured I'd ask in the meantime. Sure are some awesome builds in this thread!

Comment

• Hi Vulture. Welcome to HobbySquawk. That's an awesome thing to do for your great uncle. I know that someone on the B-24 thread on RCGroups made a ball turret modification. They used the turret from the HobbyKing B-17.

Comment

Working...
                                          X