Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post

Hey Guys,

The Lemon 10ch and the Admiral RX1000 10ch are the exact same unit, the only difference is the label. "Lemon" or "Admiral" are just brand names, they are the same receiver from the same manufacturer and they both have a satellite port.
    As Xviper said, the use of the optional satellite receiver is highly recommended. TLewis95, very sorry to see that happen and I hope that you can carry on!
    OOOOOOOPPSSSSS...………..caught me in a chemobrain moment MD and I stand corrected.
    I meant the Admiral stabilized don't and the Lemon stabilized does have a satellite port
    Warbird Charlie
    HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Wild Man
      I believe that you missed xviper point he was eluding to in that the newer diversity antenna receivers are better used with a satellite to help with more solid RF propagation.
      The Admiral 10 channel doesn't have the satellite capability whereas the Lemon channel does. A lemon label is not a bad thing.
      The brands are a personal choice much like an automobile. I dumped Spektrum over five years ago because of losses(and over pricing) and switched to Lemons with nary an issue since.
      Best regards,
      NO I did not miss his point at all. I will not use either Lemon or Admiral, with a satellite or not They are cheap junk IMHO and I will never use them, You use what you want and I will use what I want. I will not use them for the same reason you will not use Spektrum. I have used Spektrum since they started and have NEVER had an issue with any of the receiver's they have, and sold with planes.I am talking about over 50. That includes many of every receiver they have made. Even if you gave me a Lemon or an Admiral receiver I would just pitch it the garbage can. That should let you know what I think. You like them you use them

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post

NO I did not miss his point at all. I will not use either Lemon or Admiral, with a satellite or not They are cheap junk IMHO and I will never use them, You use what you want and I will use what I want. I will not use them for the same reason you will not use Spektrum. I have used Spektrum since they started and have NEVER had an issue with any of the receiver's they have, and sold with planes.I am talking about over 50. That includes many of every receiver they have made. Even if you gave me a Lemon or an Admiral receiver I would just pitch it the garbage can. That should let you know what I think. You like them you use them
        I must agree with Wild Man I would never fly anything but spektrum. It's personal preference though. I have never had a single issue with spektrum over the many many many years i've used them. But you hear the same argument time and time again about this receiver / radio or that one. Everyone has a brand preference and 9/10 times when people cry brown out it's just them not wanting to admit the mistake they made regardless of radio system.

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post

I must agree with Wild Man I would never fly anything but spektrum. It's personal preference though. I have never had a single issue with spektrum over the many many many years i've used them. But you hear the same argument time and time again about this receiver / radio or that one. Everyone has a brand preference and 9/10 times when people cry brown out it's just them not wanting to admit the mistake they made regardless of radio system.
          Agree as well. As much as I don't like HH, I've flown nothing but Spektrum in the last 10 years as well, I now have over 30 Spektrum RX in everything I fly including my 3D Extreme Flight planes, from the AR 636 to AR 637T and a few AR 7350T's, all with AS3X and only had a problem in one EDF, but that was my fault as I stupidly ran the antennae including the active end right alongside of the battery. And even then, it took some 50 flights before it lost a signal. Now I include RF chokes in all high output EDF's and a satellite remote receiver as well. As long as I keep the antennae as far from any wires/power cables/batteries as possible, I don't have any worry about a signal loss. That's not to say they are the best, I'm sure there are others just as good or even better, but for me, they have sure been reliable. I've seen plenty of other pilots experience signal loss, but none with a Spektrum RX with a "clean" antennae placement. I have enough other issues to worry about with the way I fly that the last thing I need to have is a signal loss. My aircraft do plenty of stupid moves from just "brain cell losses".
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Having a multi protocol radio I have the luxury of a mix of receivers - DSM (spektrum, admiral, lemon), frsky, flysky. In terms of RF performance I cant say I've noticed any difference. Honestly I think it's 99% setup. Running a satellite/redundancy receiver is simply one solution to address setup. Something with relatively long coax leads on the antennae can help get them where you need them, but in some builds that can also be a hindrance.

Keeping it relevant to the liberator, I was getting low RSSI alarms running an Frsky receiver. Brought it in, adjusted antenna placement, havent heard a peep out of it since. One thing I would consider really important is having the capability to receive signal strength telemetry, so you get a heads up on RF performance long before the link breaks. This is the primary reason I'm pivoting away from spektrum - telemetry is core functionality we shouldnt have to pay extra for.

Agree with Hugh - now all i need is a satellite/redundant thumb for when my primary one fades on me ;)

Comment

• Cheers to redundant thumbs!!!!

Antenna setup is key regardless of brand. I am really liking the bigger scale warbirds and have been looking at this b24... It's suck a sweet classic looking plane. Multi engine awesomeness!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 406PIlot View Post
                Cheers to redundant thumbs!!!!

Antenna setup is key regardless of brand. I am really liking the bigger scale warbirds and have been looking at this b24... It's suck a sweet classic looking plane. Multi engine awesomeness!!!
                406Pilot You should get one. The Flightline B-24 Liberator flies like a big Lumber Wagon. The B-24 has more then enough power. Easy to land and take offs are impressive, just add in power gently Here is a Video of the second flight I made on mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9T_ua_8s9g&t=5s

Comment

• I like it enough to buy a second one. I have decided I will recreate the paint scheme after all. Most of the work doing the first one was in thinking about how best to do it. I think I could do it a second time pretty quickly and I even have some paint left over. I am biased towards Lil because I get to fly the real one quite a bit during the Summer - so there isn't really much other option.

I powered everything back up tonight before starting to remove all of the parts and of course - everything armed and worked just fine - which points at some sort of signal loss. I am throwing that Rx away out of principle now and everything from now on will either be Admiral (caused two total losses for me now) with a Sat, or Spektrum which has yet to let me down.

Comment

406Pilot You should get one. The Flightline B-24 Liberator flies like a big Lumber Wagon. The B-24 has more then enough power. Easy to land and take offs are impressive, just add in power gently Here is a Video of the second flight I made on mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9T_ua_8s9g&t=5s
                    I just watched your video. That nasty tuck that you got I think was with the flaps DOWN. You kept saying that it happened when you put the flaps up, but mine does (did...) that same nasty tuck when adding a bunch of power (like a go around) with full flaps. With intermediate flaps it does not do that. However - I can tell you that the real one is known for tucking under like that when you overspeed the flaps when they are all the way down! Pretty cool how accurate the model is.

Comment

• SHOUT OUT to TLewis95 …………...……….I think it is real cool that we have an actual Liberator driver in our midst
                      Warbird Charlie
                      HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by TLewis95 View Post

I just watched your video. That nasty tuck that you got I think was with the flaps DOWN. You kept saying that it happened when you put the flaps up, but mine does (did...) that same nasty tuck when adding a bunch of power (like a go around) with full flaps. With intermediate flaps it does not do that. However - I can tell you that the real one is known for tucking under like that when you overspeed the flaps when they are all the way down! Pretty cool how accurate the model is.
                        TLewis95 The low pass I made with flaps full down gear up the tuck ass you call it happened when I added power some up elevator and pulled the flaps up. Non the less it was a complete surprise to me when it happened. Luckily I was quick enough on the sticks to recover LOL !!! with all the flights I have made since. I do not deploy or retract the flaps while climbing out.

Comment

• Happy Thanksgiving guys. Hope you are able to stay with your families either online or in person.

I've been reading this thread for a while. I always like to do my research before buying a bird. I really appreciate all your inputs, and I've actually learned a lot about this bird from this thread so far. And today, sadly, I could use some more of your opinions to help with my situation.

I bought the Flightline B24 back in October. Got everything ready, but due to bad weather and COVID, I was unable to maiden her until last week. (Motion confirmed they will make exceptions for bad weather conditions on their 30-day warranty)

The maiden flight went well. I put her up for about 3 minutes and did all the trims in that flight. However, when I took her out for the second time two days ago. She suffered a leftwing outboard engine failure. She crashed roughly 8 or 10 seconds after the incident. I just called their customer service again. Motion RC and I have an agreement that the problem is a manufacturer defect ESC which caused the problem.

I was asking for a store credit refund to buy another one of these when it's back in stock. However, the customer service agent at Motion RC thinks it is my fault for not landing an aircraft safely with only 3 engines.

Click image for larger version

Name:	InkedScreenshot_2020-11-25 Re The B24 was crashed due a left-wing outboard engine failure from manufacturer [#T880236] - yanduod[...]_LI.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	287795

So what they are saying is I should be responsible to land a defective aircraft from the manufacturer. Otherwise, I would be the one to blame for the crash. It's like when you bought a car from a dealer, the tire pops on you. Then you crash the car due to a popped tire on the freeway. And the dealer thinks it is your fault for not driving the car safely with only 3 wheels.

Here is my report to Motion RC. You could find out what happened during the flight, and how I handled the situation. Please share your thoughts on this. I am currently waiting for a call from their customer service manager, coz I don't want to carry this over thanksgiving.

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-25 Motion RC Help Center.png
Views:	419
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	287799

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-25 Re The B24 was crashed due a left-wing outboard engine failure from manufacturer [#T880236] - yanduod[...](1).png
Views:	398
Size:	325.9 KB
ID:	287793

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-25 Re The B24 was crashed due a left-wing outboard engine failure from manufacturer [#T880236] - yanduod[...](2).png
Views:	418
Size:	172.2 KB
ID:	287796

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-25 Re The B24 was crashed due a left-wing outboard engine failure from manufacturer [#T880236] - yanduod[...](3).png
Views:	357
Size:	283.2 KB
ID:	287797

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-25 Re The B24 was crashed due a left-wing outboard engine failure from manufacturer [#T880236] - yanduod[...](4).png
Views:	412
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	287798
                          Attached Files

Comment

• BTW guys, I found Freewing/Flightline's recent shipment of product has some QC issues. I receiver 2 fuselage decals of the same side for my B24. Somehow the tail turret came loose in the box as well. Though I didn't take picture of it, as I glued it right back in.

And some decals on my Freewing A-6E were applied inverted.

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-25 Re The B24 was crashed due a left-wing outboard engine failure from manufacturer [#T880236] - yanduod[...](6).png
Views:	445
Size:	467.3 KB
ID:	287812

Name:	Screenshot_2020-11-25 Re The B24 was crashed due a left-wing outboard engine failure from manufacturer [#T880236] - yanduod[...](5).png
Views:	455
Size:	502.5 KB
ID:	287813
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Looks like Motion will let me carry this through thanksgiving. As non of their customer service manager called me till now.

Comment

• From what I have heard from others that is about what they tell people who have lost planes for loss of signal for no reason, or there blue boxes and after checking they find nothing wrong and tell the poor souls sorry but we do not cover intermittent problems of our electrical components that MAY !!! have caused the crash but we have tested them and found nothing wrong. Intermittent problems are hard to prove and saves them a lot of planes and money, but I can see it puts them in a bad light. Sorry to see what happened to your B-24 You are not the first nor the last that will get the same response from them. They are not the only distributor like this and have to make dicisions such as with your crash

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo_K View Post
                                  Looks like Motion will let me carry this through thanksgiving. As non of their customer service manager called me till now.
                                  Good Luck

Comment

From what I have heard from others that is about what they tell people who have lost planes for loss of signal for no reason, or there blue boxes and after checking they find nothing wrong and tell the poor souls sorry but we do not cover intermittent problems of our electrical components that MAY !!! have caused the crash but we have tested them and found nothing wrong. Intermittent problems are hard to prove and saves them a lot of planes and money, but I can see it puts them in a bad light. Sorry to see what happened to your B-24 You are not the first nor the last that will get the same response from them. They are not the only distributor like this and have to make dicisions such as with your crash
                                    I understand if there was a signal lost that leads to a crash. Itcould be the pilot's problem. However in this case. We already have an agreement on the defective ESC due to a manufacturer defect. Coz I have a clear photo to prove it. And they think I should be responsible to land an aircraft with 3 engines, otherwise, I would be the one to blame for the crash.

What they are saying is like: "Hey, we know your car has a defective tire. And you 'may' have crashed your car because of a popped tire on the freeway. We say 'may' have caused the crash because the car 'could" be driven safely even with only 3 wheels rolling. If you failed to do so. We are sorry for your loss. But it is your fault to crash it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo_K View Post
                                      Looks like Motion will let me carry this through thanksgiving. As non of their customer service manager called me till now.
                                      Sorry for your loss, that's a tough way to lose a bird that you obviously have a lot of personal time in building. Customer service on these types of situations is always difficult, for both sides. Let me first say that IMO, since you have clear evidence of an electronic component failure on the 2nd flight and it's from an ESC that was defective, I do believe the right thing for them to do would be to give you a credit, but then that's easy for me to say because I'm not the one that's looking at the dealers bottom line. I'm sure the margins are not that great on these planes as for me the prices seem to be relatively low considering what you get (yes, all the electronics and servos could be much higher quality but then the price would be reflective of that). All I can say is that I've only had a problem with one of my many Motion RC products, the first of 2 F-4's that I have. It lost an elevator servo on the 2nd flight and it was destroyed on take-off. I made a claim, not really expecting MRC to do much about it, as I generally take the attitude of happens. To my pleasant surprise, they agreed to give me a credit for an ARF, as the EDF and ESC were fine from the crashed F-4. I had no video or photographic evidence (other than pics of the destroyed F-4 after the fact) to back up anything that I claimed happened either. They really stepped up to the plate for me, probably more than I would have done if I was the customer service rep, even though the servo failure was early on and critical to the accident. I can see why they replaced the jets on all the early F-18's that went out with elevator servo "cut" wires, and all the credit to them acting quickly and decisively, not something any other dealer IMO would have done.

Back to the B-24, I have 2 of them and they really are a pleasure to look at and fly. I must have over 100 flights on each, but I kind of doubt I'd be able to land it with 1 engine failure especially at a low altitude, as I had no idea you actually need to reduce the throttle to 1/3 if you have a single engine failure. It does fly outstanding at 1/3 to 1/2 throttle anyway, so I guess that makes some sense. I do hope you get this straitened out, as I believe you would have eventually learned to love this plane. 8-10 minutes of flight time (and she flies beautifully-scale or even some things that a real B-24 could never do) is not something you get with electrics very often.

At least you didn't get one of your B-24's sideswiped while landing by a 1/5 scale F-16 that thought it would be cool to do a high speed low pass over the runway while my B-24 was landing at a scale warbirds event our club recently had. I can live with my pilot errors (quite common) or even a cheap electronics mechanical failure, but dealing with another "so called pilots" stupid stunts is another thing. Photo below, please avert your eyes if you are sensitive and this is graphic in nature and not suited for minors (or anyone who owns an RC product of any kind).

THE Moment of Impact............................................ ..... .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ....................................BEFORE the "...." hit the Fan

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20201012-WA0000.jpg Views:	0 Size:	53.3 KB ID:	287838Click image for larger version  Name:	20180512_142537.jpg Views:	0 Size:	283.6 KB ID:	287839

THE BAD BOY .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .... RIP my sweet little B-24 just before going out to slaughter alongside my A-10

Click image for larger version  Name:	20201010_082515.jpg Views:	0 Size:	241.5 KB ID:	287840Click image for larger version  Name:	20201010_082432.jpg Views:	0 Size:	290.7 KB ID:	287841

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• woo...That is a cruel way to lose such a beautiful plane. It also reminds me of how careful I fly my birds. Mostly only flying alone, where no other high-speed aircraft are present at the field.

Maybe they don't make a lot of profit on this plane. And I think I could take a store credit for an ARF B24 as well(may 360ish?). As I would like to support a store that sells stuff I like. But I don't think this is a reason to kick their customer off the bus when things went south. What really surprised me Motion RC customer service agent thinks it was my fault to not land an aircraft with 3 engines. If this rule applies to their product. Then we RC pilots are responsible for landing every defective plane safely they sell?

And yes not every pilot can land a plane with 3 engines at a low altitude. The customer service agent I was speaking with also mentioned he knows some pilot landed an F14 Tomcat with one of the wings swiped and the other extended. Sure, there are some ace pilots out there who might pull this off. Then lucky you Motion RC, you have a great customer saved some money for you. But you should not let us, pilots, to cover every defective plane from the manufacturer(when there is clear evidence of a defect from the manufacturer).

I actually have plans to buy more birds from Motion RC in the near future. But depends on how they are handling this problem now. I have to put that on hold.

Comment

• Hugh did that Jet jockey ever step up like a Man and pay for your lose ? never did hear what came about

Comment

Working...
                                          X