X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crash Gordon View Post
    I put my Liberator together today, and some of the motors don't seem right. One of them spins freely, but the other three drag and make a grinding / scraping noise. Is that normal?
    Nope.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Originally posted by Crash Gordon View Post
      I put my Liberator together today, and some of the motors don't seem right. One of them spins freely, but the other three drag and make a grinding / scraping noise. Is that normal?
      Make sure the motors are not rubbing on the fake radials.

Bob

Comment

• Just got the B-24 kit. I am 96 and was a Top turret gunner with the 450th Bomb Group out of Italy. I flew 25 missions. Seems like yesterday.( '18' then). Everyone on my crew was 18 or 19 except the pilot, an old guy of 22.

Comment

• You undoubtedly have some great stories, good luck with the kit and thank you for your service.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Wehnert View Post
            Just got the B-24 kit. I am 96 and was a Top turret gunner with the 450th Bomb Group out of Italy. I flew 25 missions. Seems like yesterday.( '18' then). Everyone on my crew was 18 or 19 except the pilot, an old guy of 22.
            Congratulations on getting the B-24, awesome that it will be owned and flown by a pilot who actually served in a real one! You have my admiration and sincere thanks for being one of our Countries true Patriots and Heroes!
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I am new to system Got E-mail that said was answer to request....Where do I find it?? Bob Wehnert

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert Wehnert View Post
                I am new to system Got E-mail that said was answer to request....Where do I find it?? Bob Wehnert
                Go to the very top of any page, and on the top right, you'll see 3 things. The first is "Notifications". It will have a number if anyone has posted anything on any subscription you previously posted on. If you click on that, it will take you to a message page that will show which threads you frequent that someone has posted something on (you should have a least 1 because of this post, then when you click on it and go to the messages, you'll see that I quoted you on this thread and anything else). Click on that and it will take you back here. Next to that, you will see a 2nd thing called "Messages". This will tell you if someone has sent you a PM (Private Message) that only you and whoever sent you the message can see. When you get a PM, a reminder is sent to your personal e-mail that someone has sent you a PM (which is what you mentioned above). Click on that and it will take you to that PM. You can answer the message and it will send that answer only back to whomever sent it to you. The third thing is your individual name/icon. If you click on that it will take you to your personal information.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I'll be picking up a Flightline B-24 this week. Will be flying off a well kept grass Club field. Anyone think the suspension landing gear upgrade is worthwhile?

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post
                    I'll be picking up a Flightline B-24 this week. Will be flying off a well kept grass Club field. Anyone think the suspension landing gear upgrade is worthwhile?
                    On this plane, the tips of the props are very close to the ground. If you hit a bump or have a less than soft landing, you'll be breaking outboard props or at the very least, mowing grass quite a bit due to the wing flex during those times.
                    What does the gear upgrade do? You don't want them softer or moving anymore than they already do.

Comment

• OK. Thanks Viper

Comment

• Just recieved the B24 from the wife for christmas! im beyond stoked to have this bird in my fleet. im new to the forums not new to flying, ive done a bunch of reading through the forums but just now making an account. i see a crapload of options for mods which is one of the additional reasons im so happy to have this big buy.
                        i cant wait to get this big bird out to the field and fly it.

for those that change out the gunners, and pilots where did you get them from? usually i order my new pilots from aces of iron, but i dont see a good option for 1:16 or 1:17 scale figures. Click image for larger version

Name:	20211224_231541.jpg
Views:	669
Size:	95.0 KB
ID:	333440

Comment

• I 3D print my own or buy from realpilots in the UK. I would step the scale to something like 1/25th. I know the plane isn't that scale, but 1/16 just look huge when put inside with all that thick foam walls.
                          Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post
                            I'll be picking up a Flightline B-24 this week. Will be flying off a well kept grass Club field. Anyone think the suspension landing gear upgrade is worthwhile?
                            I have been flying my B-24 now for all most two years now. The Original gear is just fine The Aluminum works just as good and looks more scale, but if not landed correctly you will Break Props, The Outboard and the Inboard props only have 1 7/8" of Clearance form the tips of the props to the ground. I fly mine off asphalt all the time due to the low prop clearance. So if your field has one or two inch grass you will be fine if longer you will have Green tipped Props LOL!!! So far I have only had one outboard prop break due to a sudden cross wind lifting one wing tip slightly and I tipped one blade on the left outboard prop. the wing tipped just slightly and ruined one blade on the outboard prop but did not tip enough to scratch up the wing tip. When you get ready to test fly your B-24 I would strongly urge you to fly it on a calm no wind day. I have added a go-pro camera in the top turret that I can turn 360 degrees in flight, should be cool to do when the weather warms up.The B-24 has way more power then needed Great flighing bomber ENJOY Click image for larger version  Name:	B-24-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	126.4 KB ID:	336064

Comment

• deleted cross postings

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20220203_222931.jpg
Views:	527
Size:	70.3 KB
ID:	336522Click image for larger version

Name:	20220203_200552.jpg
Views:	501
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	336523 Had the night off from work and wanted to add a little bit more scale stuff to the b24. i got all 3 turrets on a 180* servo and added green leds for interior lighting. Planning to work on exterior lights next.

Comment

• Very nice. Do you plan on flying at night?
                                  Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
                                    Very nice. Do you plan on flying at night?
                                    Heck looks like he almost could with all the lighting he has going on!

Comment

• Thats just the start, i plan on adding all the exterior lighting also. Its just going to be a time consuming project since there is a ton of them. As far as night flights probably not full dark, but dusk for sure.

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing it.

Comment

• I have this plane on my bucket list since it came out. I had a chance to get one for a good price used. It came loaded with an extra wing, upgraded and stock landing gear, all 3d printed parts and they are hand painted as well, extra props and extra canopy with a spekturm 8ch receiver installed. The big add on was it also included the MrRC sound system with 2 speakers. Been getting it all setup and programmed. Can't wait for spring to arrive.

Comment

Working...
                                          X