X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1700mm Flightline Fairchild C-119

Please make us one, they would sell like hotcakes ( I would get four:Cool:), the powertrain and most other hardware from the F7F would work on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C-119.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	113553
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

The flying boxcar they called them. The 928th MAC unit a O'Hare Chicago had them before they transitioned to C-130s. They were something to watch on start-up and takeoff. That would be a plane to have.

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post
      Please make us one, they would sell like hotcakes ( I would get four:Cool:), the powertrain and most other hardware from the F7F would work on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C-119.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	104.3 KB
ID:	113553
      I saw that new thread started and got all excited! Thought it might an official announcement. I was all ready to throw my wallet at the pre-order button! :)Breathing, heart rate and wallet all back to normal now. Yep, I'd get one for sure:Cool:.

Comment

Hell yes!

Comment

I’ll pass

Comment

Let's try to keep this on the C-119, there's plenty of other "What's next" threads.
            TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I've even thought of building a 1/72 scale Testors model of this plane and having it 3D scanned then upscale it and have it 3D printed.
              TiredIron Aviation

Comment

I'd be on board for a big C-119.

Comment

Oh
                  guess I need to surf more

ay ay cap’n

Comment

Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post
                    Oh
                    guess I need to surf more

ay ay cap’n
                    No worries just want to gauge the interest in one of these.
                    TiredIron Aviation

Comment

Originally posted by TiredIronGRB View Post

No worries just want to gauge the interest in one of these.
                      You know me... I am in for at least 2!

Bob

Comment

I would jump on this in a heart beat! I've always loved the Boxcar. Count me in for at least 2!

Comment

Thanks TI for leading me to think it was a new release, I picture you with an evil smirk as you typed the heading. I would buy one in a second to turn it into the ac119G shadow. I have a passion for the gunships. I would prefer FL but lower cost (and lower quality) dynam would also work for me. Same drivetrain as b26/p61 1500mm. Saw a large C119 at a meet in muncie not long ago, plane has a real presence.
                          Still flying P.15, avanti(#2), mig 21, yak 130 70mm(#2), f35, f9f panther, a10 64mm, F8 crusader/ PA ultimate amr /HK skipper, durafly dh vampire, p 51,spit mk24, corsair, flybeam/ BH f86 50mm, deltawing 50mm/ HH su 26 mm,umx pitts,umx sbach, blade nano cp s,blade 450x, inductrix 200, inductrix pro, umx yak 54,umx f27 fpv/ electrifly 4s L39/ flyzone beaver/ volantix asw 28, /dynam B26

RIP.. roc hobby waco,strega #2(you will be missed), Fw 90mm eurofighter.

Comment

I would want an optional operational cargo ramp with a drogue chute sled where as you open the door the chute deploys and when it fully opens it pulls two light weight wires out of the securing holes releasing the sled and bringing my really tiny vs tanks to the battle zone. I think that could be alot of fun.

Comment

Well maybe, that operation looks a little more complex than I was thinking. Dang..

Comment

As I said before in another thread, There was one on display at McGuire AFB when I was stationed there and I would go and look at it, I would get one in a hartbeeeeeat, ALPHA!!! :):):)
                                AMA 424553

Comment

I also like the 160 as well

Comment

FN-RC, which I believe is a vendor in Taiwan, showed some photos of a 2000mm C-119 on their FB page back in 2016. Not sure who made them or if they were foam or composite, but they apparently never made it to the USA.

I'm sure Flightline could do a really nice one in the 1700-1800mm range.

Comment

No thanks. I doubt this would sell much. A transport plane? Please.

Comment

Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                                        No thanks. I doubt this would sell much. A transport plane? Please.
                                        As CFIT Rob said, check out the AC-119G and K models. BA for a boxcar.

Comment

Working...
                                        X