X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steelon Steel View Post

That is is a good looking paint scheme. I remember the strawberry bitch from my scale modeling days.
    They guy I picked it up from is a artist and sculptor. He did a nice job on it. I'm changing it ti 3S and going with the Master Airscrew props along with the prop adapters offered by russcramer.

Mike
    \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

I would be 1 of the first inline for this model... Would love to see it.

Comment

A Flightline B-29 at 101" would indeed be awesome. I have zero doubt that FL/MRC could do a fantastic one at this size. I think the challenges are more economic than engineering.

That size dies not fit well with how FL likes to produce models. It would badly bust the the size of the largest box that FW can afford to ship around the US for free. Cost to ship a larger box goes up almost exponentially.

One option is that they could go for the single large box needed and discount the shipping cost by what the are willing to cover.

Another option would be to have it be in two boxes at the max size MRC can afford to ship for free, and have the consumer pay for the second box. Note that this second box is likely to cost at least 30-50 bucks to ship. Probably not the optimal solution as a large 2 box model or a model in one very large box means you get fewer models into the container from overseas, increasing costs. Also, a two box kit/large box kit requires more warehouse space.

Two boxes has been done. For instance, my 2000mm Starmax B-17 from 7-8 years ago shipped in two boxes

Add in the cost for a very large foam model. What price point causes sales to drop off rapidly? I could see a B-29 this size costing at least 750-850, plus shipping. Some would would complain that that price is too much for "foam".

HSD Jets does sell a number of larger and more expensive foamies at prices over $1000, so there is some market there.

​​​​​​I for one really hope that MRC and FW do try a larger model like this B-29 as a market experiment, with some way to help deal with the increased costs. We consumers will have to be ready to buy in and spend more as well.

Comment

This would still be a good idea fyi. Almost done painting my 2nd B-24 and I need a same-scale-B-29 to park next to it.

Comment

Working...
          X