X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p 51 1450 mm by fms retracts and elevator travel

having problems with very little elevator travel with retracts down, but full travel with retracts up. everything else works fine. I have a spectrum ar635 receiver and a spectrum dx 8 transmitter. I talked with a tech at horizon and went through the programing and he said no problem there, said it was possible the sequencer. if anyone out there has had a problem I would to hear from you. many thanks and happy flying

RE: p 51 1450 mm by fms retracts and elevator travel

Originally posted by tomcat
    having problems with very little elevator travel with retracts down, but full travel with retracts up. everything else works fine. I have a spectrum ar635 receiver and a spectrum dx 8 transmitter. I talked with a tech at horizon and went through the programing and he said no problem there, said it was possible the sequencer. if anyone out there has had a problem I would to hear from you. many thanks and happy flying
    Since the sequencer is not connected, in any way, with the elevator channel, I can't imagine how they can interact like that. I suspect that there is a mix in the transmitter that your tech overlooked, between the switch you use for the gear that is changing the dual rate setting on the elevator channel. Unless the travel is reduced in, or to, one direction only, in which case it is a different kind of mix. While reduced elevator on takeoff/landing may be a good thing, you still want to know why.

Comment

RE: p 51 1450 mm by fms retracts and elevator travel

that was my first thought as well.  A mix of flap and ailerons on your flap switch.  Most times, you have to add some elevator when you drop flaps as they tend to get a bit nose heavy, if you've done that, is it possible that you mistakenly put ailerons instead of elevators in the mix?

Grossman56
      Team Gross!

Comment

Sounds like it's something to do with the reciever. It may have mode selection designated to ch5, so when you go gear up it goes to a low rate mode.

Comment

Working...
        X