X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avios/Hobby King 1600mm C-130 Hercules

EDIT - HK says the wingspan is 1600mm, not 1800mm as originally stated.

So HK just announced that they are coming out with an Avios C-130 very soon. No word on pricing or availability, but it will come in 2 schemes; Fat Albert and Grey. The Grey version is supposed to have decal sets for about 8 different air forces. Here are some details from the official Hobby King announcement yesterday:

AVIOS C-130 Specs

Ian from Hobbyking flew the C-130 at PEMAC shortly after the big reveal and its fair to say the model flew very well from a grass strip. Ian must have flown the model half a dozen times, with ease and authority and was happy to take the model around and answer questions. AVIOS clearly went all in on this model and they should be very proud of the outcome. I cannot wait for this model and short of giving the first born I’d like to know what It would cost to pry one out of their hands.

First Impressions

It is hard to believe this is a foam RC plane and not a Tamiya plastic model kit. This model clearly heralds in a new era for AVIOS and reaffirms their commitment unique offerings that wow the market. I must say, I’m fairly wowed (Not sure if wowed is a word but it is now).

Model Features:
    • Scale cockpit
    • Fowler flaps
    • Split flaps
    • Ailerons
    • Elevator
    • Rudder
    • Working tail door
    • Scale retracts
    • Scale props
    • Interior lighting

A Facebook comment from Stephen, Brand Manager for the Avios line:

"There is some footage coming in the next few days!! They are currently in production. More news to come, definitely you will not be waiting a year for the C-130. We shall not be making that mistake again."

Official announcement from Hobby King:

Some pics:

Pat

I plan to get one and convert it to an EC-130H Compass Call on which I was a crew member back in 89-91. Back then they were at Davis-Monthan in Tucson (where I first trained on it), and at Sembach Air Base in Germany. I'm going to do the Sembach version as that was where my duty station was.

Pat

Comment

Interesting. I will wait and watch, having been burned by the bf109 fiasco.

Comment

Subscribed
        Currently flying: Twin 80mm A-10, 80mm F5, 80mm A6, 70mm Yak-130, 70mm F-16v2,90mm Stinger 90, 70mmRC Lander F9F, Flightline F7F TigerCat, Phoenix 46 size Tucano, Flyzone L-39
        Out of Service: 80mm Mig-21,64mm F-35, 64mm F/A-18
        I Want: 80mm A-4, twin 80mm F4J Phantom

Comment

I'm going to wait.
          TiredIron Aviation
          Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

As much as I hate HobbyKing I've read good things about Avios planes so I'm interested in this one.

Comment

Hopefully Avios has learned their lesson with the recent releases. I also saw a post on FB that the foam is much denser than that of previous planes. I will most likely pre-order it as soon as it becomes available.
              Pat

Comment

So far so good, still penciled in on my go list. But HK beware, it can just as easily fall off the list if it looks like crap!

Comment

I am very impressed with seeing HK bring forward a model like this. However, I will wait until there has been reviews of the SOON to be released Avios Spitfire.

If that plane gets good reviews then I will be interested in the Avios C130.

I gave up waiting for the HK Avios Spitfire myself and purchased the Flightline 1600 version instead. Do not need, nor want any more Spitfires for the time being, but the C130 I would think about. Looks to be grass friendly as well, another plus.

But will wait for the Avios reviews first,

Comment

From Stephen
                    "There is some footage coming in the next few days!! They are currently in production. More news to come, definitely you will not be waiting a year for the C-130. We shall not be making that mistake again."

And neither will I buy an Avios again. And it is more like two years not one.
                    Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Cool bird
                      Bummer it’s so small
                      Wont even scale up to the B-17 or B-24
                      How typical

:Confused:

Our local wing’s birds have been flying out to be retired after decades of service.
                      Got to witness a buzz job up our river valley two weeks ago, wish I knew he was coming!

Comment

When I was stationed at Camp Shields on Okinawa we would stand in our repair shop and watch the Marines/Army beach drop supplies and vehicles from 130's.
                        would be neat to "chute" out a row of vehicles coming down runway center.
                        I am in.

Comment

This is so awesome! I'm in for one. :Cool:

Comment

I'm on the fence until I see some flying, and good reports

Comment

I am in on this one, it's such a unique plane just can't pass it up. I know HK has its problems with spare parts but if you don't crash you're fine! ;)

Comment

We talked to Steve from Hobby on Sunday about the C-130 ;)

Intagram, YouTube, RCAfterhours

Comment

I see an AC-130 in the future here at the hangar.....
                                  :Cool:

Comment

Spectre!! Ka-boom, ka-ching
                                    Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                      Spectre!! Ka-boom, ka-ching
                                      Heck yeah, full on NERF firing beast.
                                      Intagram, YouTube, RCAfterhours

Comment

That is one beautiful 4 motor model! Everyone needs to keep an eye on when they hit. I suspect they will go fast. Really don't want to miss mine. Suppose to be getting my 65mm A-10 from MRC today. Hopefully it will keep me busy till this hits. I'm really hyped, I can buy one of these and don't have to scratch build one, really wasn't looking forward to that. My wife hates it when I get to involved in anything, especially building planes from scratch.

Best Regards
                                        Woody

Comment

Working...
                                        X