Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the models available for the general public to purchase yet? I haven't been to HK in a while!!! ;);) Alas, a AC-130 is missing from my hangar..... :Thinking:

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
      Beautiful work! I was originally going to convert my C-130 to an AC-130, but then a buddy sent me some photos of this bird from the MN ANG. Love the look of the D-Day commemorative scheme!
      Very cool indeed!!! Do it olive and gray and it is a Super Supreme C-47 :Silly:LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post
        Are the models available for the general public to purchase yet? I haven't been to HK in a while!!! ;);) Alas, a AC-130 is missing from my hangar..... :Thinking:
        They were for a short time - then sold out. Told that they would be in stock again soon! :Confused:

Comment

• Thank you!!!! It looks like a cool model... Just will need a little TLC and some paint!!! :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
            Curious what changes they made in the "upgrade" props.
            The only thing I can tell visually from the 2 I received are that the new ones seem to be a different color. Just a lighter shade of grey. It was mentioned on RCG what was changed but I can't remember exactly. I think it might have either been a different material or manufacturing process but can't be 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by uscanuck1xa View Post
              Looks great icepirate3! The upgraded props are supposed to be made of stronger material. I flew mine on the original props and didn't experience any difficulties. I received the free upgraded props that they sent but they are still in the box. I'll have to get them out and repaint them and replace what I have on there now. A few pics of my finished plane and one of the actual C130.
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4722.JPG
Views:	1687
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	183000Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4720.JPG
Views:	1849
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	183001Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4728.JPG
Views:	1518
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	183002Click image for larger version

Name:	20160824_195817000_iOS.jpg
Views:	1463
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	183003
              That weathering looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post

The only thing I can tell visually from the 2 I received are that the new ones seem to be a different color. Just a lighter shade of grey. It was mentioned on RCG what was changed but I can't remember exactly. I think it might have either been a different material or manufacturing process but can't be 100%.
                HK did the same thing with their now discontinued C-47 1600mm. Shortly after release, they issued replacement "upgrade" props for anyone who asked for them. My stockers weren't giving me any problems, only that they were extremely out of balance and took a lot of fiddling to get them right. However, I didn't want to reject a freebie so I requested the new set. Personally, I didn't see or feel any difference in the way they performed. I can't remember what HK did in the "upgrade" pieces. I also took their "upgraded" motors as well, which supposedly had much stronger shafts. Again, I detected no difference.

Comment

Looks great icepirate3! The upgraded props are supposed to be made of stronger material. I flew mine on the original props and didn't experience any difficulties. I received the free upgraded props that they sent but they are still in the box. I'll have to get them out and repaint them and replace what I have on there now. A few pics of my finished plane and one of the actual C130.

That is cool. That's as scale as you can get. Good Job
                  Still Learning:D

Comment

Hey
                    uscanuck1xa, which picture is of the real plane?:Confused::Thinking: (ya done good!)
                    Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Yes and where in the world did you get those tiny ladders? lol.

Comment

• :Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Skyboom View Post
                          Yes and where in the world did you get those tiny ladders? lol.
                          They were part of the replacement prop package! ;)

Comment

Looks as real as ya could get it. Nice work.

Woody

Comment

• Got this finished today. Hope to fly it soon. Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	888
Size:	258.8 KB
ID:	184130Click image for larger version

Views:	862
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	184131

Comment

• Just too neat!!!! Delta!!! Go figure!!! :Cool::Cool::Cool:

Comment

• Thanks Jerry. Definitely standoff scale. Stand way back!

Comment

• Ya know Geek, I think it's awesome. To be honest I really like the out of the box thinking. Very Very cool.

Woody

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Views:	802
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	184156 Thanks Woody. Thought I was going to do a Marine KC-130 scheme. Showed this idea to my wife, and that got vetoed:)

Comment

• Very well done!! :Cool:

Comment

• Has anyone made a gunship yet? Would think that would be really cool to see.
                                          Planes
                                          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

Working...
                                          X