X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post
    "Today Ford announced that Ford has been awarded the manufacture of the year award by Ford Motor Company."
    "As seen in the FoMoCo magazine."

Comment

• off a cradle.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post
        Cute cradle. Where'd you get it from? (Oops, nevermind. I now see a friend made it.) I'll bet it would have taken off without the cradle.
        Did you mean to post this in the Albatross thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          Cute cradle. Where'd you get it from? (Oops, nevermind. I now see a friend made it.) I'll bet it would have taken off without the cradle.
          Did you mean to post this in the Albatross thread?
          Yah I screwed up and posted it in the wrong thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by lmramos44 View Post

Yah I screwed up and posted it in the wrong thread.
            Still thanks for posting otherwise I'd never have seen it.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Finally! It wasn’t too windy, it wasn’t too cold, the runway wasn’t too wet and it wasn’t raining!

I got in three successful flights on Fat Albert yesterday! Using Turnigy 4S 2200’s I was concerned about it being a bit nose heavy as it balanced behind the recommended CG but it flew fine. Just a couple clicks of aileron and elevator and it was good to go :Cool:

Full flaps on the first two landings and half on the third due to a crosswind and it came down and settled very nicely.

I had one boo boo though, the crosswind lifted the left wing on my third takeoff and I hit the right wingtip which caused a spinout. It caused a little bruise on the nose and a broken main gear door hinge. A drop of CA fixed the hinge and I flew again without issue.

The guys at the field like the looks of it and I have some plastic paratroopers to try out. I think it’s going to be a fun plane.

Comment

• Three more uneventful Fat Albert flights yesterday. It flies very well. I'm liking it a little more each time:Cool:

I tried 1 paratrooper but he chickened out and wouldn't jump! Will have to work on that some more.

Comment

• Grey C130s back in stock

Comment

• Originally posted by Sodapop View Post
                    Grey C130s back in stock
                    Not that I was going to buy one, just always curious about HobbyKing’s current state of affairs. I just checked (8 hrs after your post) and it’s out of stock. I wonder exactly how many hours the stock lasted. It’s reminiscent of their second release after that silly “lottery”. That lasted only a few hours (maybe only 2). How can they go for such a long interval of “out of stock” and then only have enough to sell for a few hours? I can’t imagine any factory manufacturing so few specimen for HobbyKing in a given run. Doesn’t it make you wonder where they found them?

Comment

Not that I was going to buy one, just always curious about HobbyKing’s current state of affairs. I just checked (8 hrs after your post) and it’s out of stock. I wonder exactly how many hours the stock lasted. It’s reminiscent of their second release after that silly “lottery”. That lasted only a few hours (maybe only 2). How can they go for such a long interval of “out of stock” and then only have enough to sell for a few hours? I can’t imagine any factory manufacturing so few specimen for HobbyKing in a given run. Doesn’t it make you wonder where they found them?
                      Showing in stock as I'm typing this???

Comment

• Showing Out Of Stock.

Buy RC planes online at HobbyKing for the lowest prices. AVIOS C-130 is a full-scale model with 1600mm wingspan and pre-installed electronics. Fast shipping.

Mike

Comment

• Yup, "OUT OF STOCK". Tried signing in first .......................... again, "OUT OF STOCK". HK must have taken back a return and refurbished it and put it up on the website. ;)

Comment

• They gave it a new SKU

Buy RC planes online at HobbyKing for the lowest prices. Avios C-130 is a full-scale model with 1600mm wingspan and pre-installed electronics. Fast shipping.

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                              That explains it. And they removed the "discount".

I suppose they can put any discount they think looks good when they're "OUT OF STOCK".

Comment

That explains it. And they removed the "discount".
                                Right?
                                Mike

Comment

• As bad as I wanted this plane...I'm now having cold feet with all the issues reading back from page 11.
                                  Planes
                                  -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
                                  -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post
                                    As bad as I wanted this plane...I'm now having cold feet with all the issues reading back from page 11.
                                    My same feelings. I didn't jump on it in the beginning because I was boycotting that dumb lottery and having waited this long, the multitude of oddities are showing up. I believe that those who really enjoy and love flying this plane successfully and without issue are fairly seasoned pilots and have taken all the steps necessary to eliminate or minimize those deficiencies. I could do it but for the price they are selling these for, I shouldn't have to. Dynam and LX planes are in this category but their pricing is a couple of tiers below.
                                    Perhaps one day, when there is a discount AND not be "out of stock", I may jump in and "fix it" before flying it.

Comment

• Got a good friend that wants one. It’s way too small for me.
                                      Mike

Comment

My same feelings. I didn't jump on it in the beginning because I was boycotting that dumb lottery and having waited this long, the multitude of oddities are showing up. I believe that those who really enjoy and love flying this plane successfully and without issue are fairly seasoned pilots and have taken all the steps necessary to eliminate or minimize those deficiencies. I could do it but for the price they are selling these for, I shouldn't have to. Dynam and LX planes are in this category but their pricing is a couple of tiers below.
                                        Perhaps one day, when there is a discount AND not be "out of stock", I may jump in and "fix it" before flying it.
                                        Been flying for a year and I’m not a rookie but definitely not an advanced builder/tinker/pilot. The c-130 i have is fine. I had to play with the flaps a little bit but other than that it’s been fine. Flies really nice.

edit to add: just saw on rcg the new edition has updated flap servos, cleaned up wiring and new escs. Much of the initial complaints were about the flaps so looks like they fixed them.

Comment

• I Bought 2 more. LOL. I like to reward model vendors that make things I really want. No worries they will sell just fine without ya. But as I always say to each there own. Basically what ever makes you happy.

Woody

Comment

Working...
                                          X