Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks xviper!

Comment

• I just realized that I have 2 bags of foam parts. One bag, I figured out what they are but the other one, I have no idea what those parts are or where they go. Anyone know?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3404.JPG
Views:	779
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	202969

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
        I just realized that I have 2 bags of foam parts. One bag, I figured out what they are but the other one, I have no idea what those parts are or where they go. Anyone know?

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3404.JPG
Views:	779
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	202969
        They fill the cut outs on the bottom of the wing if you elect not to install the wing tanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post

They fill the cut outs on the bottom of the wing if you elect not to install the wing tanks.
          Makes sense now. I used the wing tanks so I didn't see the connection. Many thanks. That's a thoughtful detail by HobbyKing.

Comment

• Was going to help, but just too slow! :Drooling:

Comment

• I'm wanting to buy this plane and I'm interested in longer flight times. Can anyone recommend a bigger sized 4S lipo (higher mAh rating) that is a good match for this plane?

And how long of flight times would you say you're getting with the batteries you're using now? Any links for those batteries?

Thanks!

Comment

• I haven't flown mine yet, but I'm using the Turnigy Graphene 2.2 mah, 4s battery. It's one of the heaviest batteries in the 2.2 size. It's more equivalent to a 2.5 to 2.7 mah. The plane is already a bit on the nose heavy side with the Graphene in it. Any heavier battery will make it very nose heavy. Ideally, a more normal sized 2.2 like the Admiral would balance this plane better. If you really want to use a bigger battery, you will have to do a little excavation of foam and relocate the battery tray further aft or add weight to the tail. As is, people have reported earlier in this thread that they can fly for 8 minutes (post # 305). That's quite good for most electric planes, especially one with 4 engines.
                I don't have links handy but HobbyKing sells the Graphene and other series of batteries and Motion RC sells the Admirals. 2.2mah, 4s is fairly common.

Comment

I haven't flown mine yet, but I'm using the Turnigy Graphene 2.2 mah, 4s battery. It's one of the heaviest batteries in the 2.2 size. It's more equivalent to a 2.5 to 2.7 mah. The plane is already a bit on the nose heavy side with the Graphene in it. Any heavier battery will make it very nose heavy. Ideally, a more normal sized 2.2 like the Admiral would balance this plane better. If you really want to use a bigger battery, you will have to do a little excavation of foam and relocate the battery tray further aft or add weight to the tail. As is, people have reported earlier in this thread that they can fly for 8 minutes (post # 305). That's quite good for most electric planes, especially one with 4 engines.
                  I don't have links handy but HobbyKing sells the Graphene and other series of batteries and Motion RC sells the Admirals. 2.2mah, 4s is fairly common.
                  Good to know! I agree, 8 minute flight time would be good enough for me! So 8 minutes on a 2200mAh? Nice! And I'd be flying it scale so I'm sure I could get that or maybe even better with good throttle mgt...

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nickerz View Post

Good to know! I agree, 8 minute flight time would be good enough for me! So 8 minutes on a 2200mAh? Nice! And I'd be flying it scale so I'm sure I could get that or maybe even better with good throttle mgt...

Thanks!
                    You should do well. I don't often fly "scale", so that battery may get sucked down in 1/2 that time. :Silly: Also, for a first flight, I don't want to risk stalling out in banked turns due to low power. I'll play with throttle settings up high just to see how easily this thing stalls when flying scale around a turn.

Comment

• VERY late to the C-130 party but coming on board with a gray one from the second batch .. super excited to get to fly and shoot this one! :Cool:

Comment

• I got one of these, too. Slightly disappointed that it doesn't come in the green camouflage MAC scheme so I could relive my summer of 1989 :)

Comment

• I got one and then had to send it back. I had it all set up and was fine tuning the flaps when the electronics went poof! HK took it back without any squabbling and refunded my money. The foam body is BEAUTIFUL! 9 gram plastic geared servos all the way around seems weak. I was going to swap all the servos out until the poof event. Hey MRC, make a great C-130 with quality, the market is asking for it. By the time I upgrade electronics with time and materials I have spent another $100-$125. Sure was sad to send it back...

Comment

• 3 Fat Albert flights for me yesterday morning.
                            And 3 paratrooper jumps! 1st was eh, 2nd and 3rd we're pretty good though.
                            #3 jumped a bit too high and landed in a tree 50yds across the parking lot! :Silly:

Comment

• Finally got a chance to maiden mine. Grass had just been mowed quite short. Take off was easy - no flaps. Landing was text book- no flaps, looked just like a real C-130. Grass didn't pose any problems. However, it was very gusty and turning on the ground was difficult as it weather vaned and tipped onto one wingtip but it will eventually turn. This plane is from the latest batch (V2?) and everything on it worked perfectly. It looks beautiful in the air. Using a 2200mah, 4s Graphene battery, I got 5 minutes but each cell went down to 3.75. I'll reduce time to 4:30 from now on. For once, I'd say this plane is NOT underpowered. I would consider this model to be MAGNIFICENT!

Here's a video I tried to get with my hat cam. Unfortunately, it cut out part way through the flight, but you get to see it roll on the grass and take off and do almost 2 circuits.

Comment

• Looks Great Xviper! I'm proud of ya mate.

Best Regards
                                W

Comment

• Looks like a great maiden xviper! Glad it worked out well.
                                  My timer is set to 4 minutes with 2200's and they come down at 3.80 or so.

Comment

• Glad your maiden flight went well! Nice to see that CC-130 flying in those Alberta skies!!

Comment

• Glad your maiden went well Xviper. It is a fun plane.

I flew mine over the weekend. It is from the first batch and is still flying fine.

With the improvements in the new batch I am tempted to get another and have Callie make a set of decals for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wvrailfan View Post
                                        Glad your maiden went well Xviper. It is a fun plane.

I flew mine over the weekend. It is from the first batch and is still flying fine.

With the improvements in the new batch I am tempted to get another and have Callie make a set of decals for it.

Love that camera position. Got my decals from Callie also. One day, I might get the Fat Albert. Must thin the heard down a bit first.
                                        The first couple of videos from private owners didn't look promising. I'm happy to discover that my C-130 flies astonishing well - nothing like the roller coaster rides and wing stalls from those early vids. Credit where credit is due. Great value, thumbs up to HobbyKing.

Comment

Love that camera position. Got my decals from Callie also. One day, I might get the Fat Albert. Must thin the heard down a bit first.
                                          The first couple of videos from private owners didn't look promising. I'm happy to discover that my C-130 flies astonishing well - nothing like the roller coaster rides and wing stalls from those early vids. Credit where credit is due. Great value, thumbs up to HobbyKing.
                                          So XV, did my info steer you in the right direction? LOL I was sure hoping you didn't get a piece of junk, instead of one like I received!! :Sweating: Glad it flies well!! I am going to try and finish mine soon. Just out of time and my knees are bad!!! :Straight-Face: Hard to build when you are hurting all the time!!! Blessings Bro!

Comment

Working...
                                          X