Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have had the FMS 1700mm F4U Corsair for almost 3 years now. I actually had to purchase another airframe some time ago, and parted out the original as needed when parts, especially the plastic landing gear wheel wells that had cracked and weren't available as replacements.
    My plane is a joy to fly, and it flies in a very realistic manner. Several months ago, I added eight (8) HVAR (High Velocity Aerial Rocket) "Holy Moses" scale 5" rockets to the wings. They are scratchbuilt, using some parts that were modified from Estes rockets. I just took some pics and will post them here along with a WWII Corsair with the rockets on them. The same type were used in Korea, as well. They can be easily removed with one screw per wing and replaced with a flat panel that comes with the kit, when desired.

Comment

• Those rockets look great! Nice job! :Cool:
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I bought one of these a few years back and kids, work, and moving got in the way of me every flying. So I dusted her off and took her out. Got one good flight in and then s little stall and a ill timed gust of wind put her into the ground. Since parts are hard to come by. Can anyone point me in the right direction to repair the cracked wing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conan785 View Post
          I bought one of these a few years back and kids, work, and moving got in the way of me every flying. So I dusted her off and took her out. Got one good flight in and then s little stall and a ill timed gust of wind put her into the ground. Since parts are hard to come by. Can anyone point me in the right direction to repair the cracked wing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
          Hello Conan and welcome to the Squawk,
          Lots of us here fly all sizes and brands of Corsairs. Your requested help is only limited by us not knowing the make and size of yours. ;)
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by OV10 View Post

Hello Conan and welcome to the Squawk,
            Lots of us here fly all sizes and brands of Corsairs. Your requested help is only limited by us not knowing the make and size of yours. ;)
            Good point. Its a Parkzone F4U-1A Corsair BNF. 44" version. It looks like one of the composite spars may be cracked but the wing itself is in one piece. The damage is all in the center portion that was only noticeable after I dropped the wing. I got lucky and ditched her in some pretty tall grass (3') when she went down. but when you're vertical grass only helps so much.

Comment

• Welcome, and sorry to hear about the incident! I have a special place in my heart for the Parkzone Corsair. It was the electric warbird I learned to fly electrics on. Such a fun, fun, fun bird! This was the V1 from many years ago. I would check Horizon to see if they have any parts. If not, try RC Groups classifieds. I have had a lot of success over the years using their classifieds for both for sale and wanted. Craig's List is another option and eBay as well. Good luck!
              My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• My first electric warbird was a gws Corsair. It was very fun and very easy to fly. Had a brush motor on it but I did fly it on a 2s lipo.

Comment

• Well I suppose I'll jump in with how awesome my Staufenbiel Red Bull Corsair is! Flies amazing and its heavy for a 55" wingspan. 5lbs 13oz's! No bad tendencies & flies slow as a cub when you want to. It's also IDENTICAL to the fms 1400mm corsair (except decals & paint scheme). interchangeable parts & everything, so parts are plentiful.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guHBidgXeeg
                  Last edited by CZ Flyer; Sep 12, 2017, 12:22 PM. Reason: video

Comment

• I am also a big Corsair fan. I have the Unique Models Corsair that is a 1200mm span. Mine was bought from General hobby in California. Great flying plane. After much research,I chose the Unique brand because of their strong and robust 90 degree rotating retracts. Banggood is selling the same plane under the HookII name.

Comment

• Yes I'm a corsair nut, I have 12 from umx to 1700mm and I almost sold or traded my 68 Chevelle for a Carf that went up for sale on FG and RCG for $15,000, so yes I have the corsair obsession. R.
                      AMA 424553

Comment

• My 85" ESM Corsair is just about ready for me to pickup. Two years and two builders later. Now where to find room in my small hangar? RRHandy that CARF Corsair would have been damn tempting. My dream RC model!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy[/USER
                          that CARF Corsair would have been damn tempting. My dream RC model!
                          Mine too, a buddy at the field has one and we went to Menlo GA in the northwest corner of GA and he took his out to fly and I have loved his since the time he first got it three years ago, I was going to get it until my oldest has to return home after grad school and the youngest from under grad. still supporting them, but the youngest just got an offer in Virginia so that will help but now it is sold so.... R.
                          AMA 424553

Comment

• I finished my Hangar 9 20CC Corsair after many years on the shelf a few months ago and it’s now become an everyday flier. Love how it turned out and most importantly, how well it flies!

Comment

• Originally posted by F106DeltaDart View Post
                              I finished my Hangar 9 20CC Corsair after many years on the shelf a few months ago and it’s now become an everyday flier. Love how it turned out and most importantly, how well it flies!
                              I see you are using a three blade prop. what size and manufacturer? I have yet to fly mine. R.
                              AMA 424553

Comment

• Originally posted by RRHandy View Post

I see you are using a three blade prop. what size and manufacturer? I have yet to fly mine. R.
                                I am using a 21” Varioprop and Eflite Power 110 on 6S.

Comment

• Thanks.
                                  AMA 424553

Comment

Working...
                                  X