Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mid Air collision with Spitfire last summer

Comment

Does anyone know what color blue the cowling is on the plane? I need to do some touch up and I can't get a color match from Home Depot because there is no flat surface.

Comment

Is this the official thread on the plane? Failed to locate anything other than FS threads while searching, maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by uuc328 View Post
          Is this the official thread on the plane? Failed to locate anything other than FS threads while searching, maybe I'm doing something wrong.
          Your in the right place, that was my complaint in post #17 seems it got off track. Welcome to the Squawk and if I can help you with anything let me know. I've flown the E-Flight P-47 for two years. Great plane.

Comment

It is indeed a great flying airplane. I prefer Eflite's Corsair in the same size, but the Razorback doesn't disappoint, either. Its wide gear stance is especially helpful in sticky landing and taxiing situations.
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
              It is indeed a great flying airplane. I prefer Eflite's Corsair in the same size, but the Razorback doesn't disappoint, either. Its wide gear stance is especially helpful in sticky landing and taxiing situations.
              Can't stand the livery on the eflite F4U, so much that it pushed me to the dynam then some pricy upgrades. If you guys ever offer a different scheme...

Comment

Originally posted by boomer108 View Post
                Does anyone know what color blue the cowling is on the plane? I need to do some touch up and I can't get a color match from Home Depot because there is no flat surface.
                Testors 1106-RM11061011_0616 Flat Cobalt Blue paint
                This is not the exact match but pretty close. I also had trouble locating the right color.
                Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks Sam! I actually got some craft paint from Michaels Craft store in cobalt blue matte finish and is also very close. Thanks again!

Comment

I wish more planes came in paint but decals in the box with maybe 2-3 livery options. Like the Corsair, I don’t really want the Korean War era decals (at this time).

Comment

Another thing too, you can try a hardware store like Home Depot or Lows and ask for sample paint. They can also mix and match for you. That's what i did for my SU35. Got a perfect match from Home Depot. The down side is that you will have to apply it with a brush unless you have air compressor and a spray gun that will accept latex paint.

Comment

Originally posted by uuc328 View Post

Can't stand the livery on the eflite F4U, so much that it pushed me to the dynam then some pricy upgrades. If you guys ever offer a different scheme...
                        Paint it, dude! I know it is great when they offer multiple livery, but I always end up doing my own scheme anyway. The end results are worth it when that sucker flies by 10' off the deck. Looks fantastic in the air. Here is mine. This was done with Home Depot BEHR flat finish interior latex. I pick my color and have them mix up a sample can that is around 8oz, I think? Around $4 or so per can. They last, too, and one can could easily coat multiple planes. I apply it with a quality brush that doesn't have cheap plastic bristles. Use a painting brush made from hair. The trick is to put it on lightly, evenly and without a ton of strokes. As it dries, brush strokes will disappear.

In my humble opinion, I cannot recommend Dynam. They are cheaper, yes, but the quality, finish and flight characteristics have no comparison to other brands like Flightline, FMS and E-Flite.

*P.S. I forgot to mention graphics are from Callie Graphics, of course. She does great work, and typically my planes are maybe $25 - $35 per livery.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sam CS View Post
                          Hi Guys,

Just want to share my setup for Razorback from E-Flite.
                          I love this plane in FPV and LOS

YouTube link (was out flying, looking for fireworks this summer on the 4th of July)

Here is my setup:

Airframe
                          - MDL: P-47 Razorback 1.2m/48" (E-Flite)
                          - ESC: ZTW Gecko 65A ESC with 8A SBEC
                          - BAT: 4S Admiral Pro 5000mAh
                          - FC: Eagletree Vector, GPS, PSU
                          - HDT: Fat Shark 9g 180* Pan Head Tracking Servo
                          - Canopy: Custom build (Balsa & 1/8 Hobby Plywood, Plexiglass: Bayer)

RC
                          - TX: FrSky X9D+ with 900MHz Long Range Module
                          - RX: FrSky 900MHz R9

FPV 3.3GHz
                          - CAM: RunCam Split 2
                          - VTX: Finch 3.3-3.4GHz Racing Transmitter 50/200mW Coax V2
                          - ANT: 3.3/3.4GHz BlueBeam ULTRA Antenna Set (RHCP) - VAS IBCRAZY

Ground station
                          - Eagletree Eagle Eyes diversity box
                          - VRX: Two R3300V2 3.3 GHz 16 Channels Pocket-Size Receivers
                          - ANT1: 3.3/3.4GHz BlueBeam ULTRA Antenna Set (RHCP) - VAS IBCRAZY
                          - ANT2: TrueRC 3.3/3.4GHz X2-Air 13dBic Directional Antenna (RHCP)
                          - RPTR: FatShark 5.8ghz Repeater (Ant: Standard clover)
                          - GGLS: FatShark Dominator V3 FPV Goggles
                          - Goggles VRX: 5.8 GHz Furious True-D Diversity Receiver V1
                          - Goggles ANT: Standard clover
                          - Goggles HDT: FatShark Trinity Head Tracking module
                          So is the only thing you changed to go 4 cell the ESC? Is the motor still stock? I know stock has a 40AMP ESC and I saw another post on how it overheats and goes into overtemp shutdown on a 4S. I have a couple 4S 3000mah batteries I want to use for it. So it would be cheaper to change the ESC. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by wallacems View Post

So is the only thing you changed to go 4 cell the ESC? Is the motor still stock? I know stock has a 40AMP ESC and I saw another post on how it overheats and goes into overtemp shutdown on a 4S. I have a couple 4S 3000mah batteries I want to use for it. So it would be cheaper to change the ESC. Thanks.
                            Yes, just the ESC. Never had an issue with overheating. I am also running 4S 5000 Pro.. i think they have around 60C rating. Battery get's a little warm, but that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                            X