X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fms 1450mm p-51D cg

I have a 1450 redtail p-51. I have a enrich 3000 30c battery, & a enrich 3600 40c battery. I added 2.5 ozs of weight to the 3000, & 1/4 oz to the 3600 so the batts would weigh about the same. My question is are the 1450's just a little tail heavy, & if so what battery, or how much weight did you have to add to get it to balance ? By the way where I have been trying to fly the plane the wind is always doing some strange things, so it may be that I'm in balance , but the wind makes it behave like its not.

Re: Fms 1450mm p-51D cg

I fly at the aft end of the CG range with the Dallas Darling, and I love it there. I fly off of rough grass field. I use a 4400 all the way back then a 3600 an inch forward of that, then a 3000 a 1/2 inch forward of that with no trouble whatsoever. What is the plane behaving like?

Comment

It will get real slow, even when pulling power off & it seems to be nose high. Course like I said, where I been trying to fly the plane the wind is always doing something funny, & in all fairness due to that fact I haven't been able to get a good trim on the plane. I don't recall it porposing up & down either.

Comment

Make sure the horizontal is tightly secured. It's easy to miss with the screws which could make it move up and down causing you grief. I know I had to try a few times to get my screws to catch. After that try moving your battery forward a 1/2 inch at a time and see what happens. Keep us posted. This is one of my faves and is extremely well behaved once dialed in.

Comment

Ok, thanks

Comment

I have this problem with my Gunslinger version. Just finished the build and with a 3.3a 4s the balance point is 1/4 inch aft of the suggested cg point. This is a bit disturbing to me, a kit of this quality should be very close (imo). The suggested battery is even lighter than the one I have so that would make it even more tail heavy. This cg location might be acceptable as I have not flown the a/c yet.

Nice plane for the price though and builds very quickly! Motion R/C shipping was lightning fast as well!

Comment

Tips and tricks from the windy area of the Pacific NW, I just recently purchased the P51 1400 as well. I choose the Admiral 4.0 for its weight and long flight times. In windy conditions YOU WANT MORE NOSE WEIGHT PERIOD!, More nose weight cuts or plows thru the wind like a hot knife thru butter. Of course you don't want to much or you'll be just as bad off. What your seeing in your plane is what I call wind flare. Nose into the wind and the planes flairs like your coming into land. Not enough nose weight for sure. Just simply add in 2 ounce increments, just enough nose weight until the she stops flaring every time you turn into the wind. You will be amazed at the difference. The flip side is that when its not so windy, weight will need adjusting or removed or trying to land will be trouble some. Good luck, I hope this helps. <smiley image="smiley_cool.gif"/>
              Pacific NW Flyer  :arrow:

Comment

Also always POWER UP when flying into a head wind. U gotta hammer thru it.
                Pacific NW Flyer  :arrow:

Comment

Working...
                X