X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not your typically warbird, The HSDJETS Zero

It's incredible seeing warbirds that are not the typical Mustang or Spitfire. Join us as we look into this model and how well HSDJets did bringing this warbird from the Pacific to the modelers' hanger!

Nice review, I've looked at them before but not available... Price looks decent if you can find one

Comment

Originally posted by putput View Post
      Nice review, I've looked at them before but not available... Price looks decent if you can find one
      FMS makes a nice one as well

Comment

From the two HSD planes we got our hands on, they are pretty good for the price points. The Mitchell is amazing and a lot of fun to fly. The FMS is a really good one to point out. I wonder how well it flies and handle?

Comment

I really like seeing companies branch out into other warbirds than the typical Mustang and the Zero is a bird with a lot of history. That another reason why I appreciate this model.

Comment

I purchased the HSD Zero as a kit two years ago from General Hobby in L.A. Cost was $95. I added all the electronics,retracts and motor. The plane flys great.I fly it on a 2450 4 cell and is very fast. The foam is very dense which makes it extremely strong,but heavier than a typical 1100mm warbird. However,it does not fly as an over weight model. The split flaps are very effective and allows for a slow approach and a soft touch down. The fit and finish are top notch. The standard inner gear doors are a nice scale touch. All told,one of the better Zero models in the 1100-1200 mm size.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	HSD Zero 2017-03-15 003.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	267314Click image for larger version

Name:	HSD Zero 2017-03-15 005.JPG
Views:	234
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	267310Click image for larger version

Name:	HSD Zero nose weight 2017-04-16 002.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	73.6 KB
ID:	267311Click image for larger version

Name:	HSD Zero 2017-03-15 002.JPG
Views:	222
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	267313 I agree that it is a really nice plane. I did the same as you buying the kit from Richard. I changed the motor on mine. I had to cut the firewall out and reposition it to fit. Gobs of power now and gets 8 to 10 minutes flight time on a 3300 4S battery. Prop is a three blade MAS. I removed one of the two weights in the nose and added a sound system. I plan on adding a bomb drop, but need to upgrade the receiver as I ran out of channels. Just wish the landing gear were stronger. A great platform like the real one. No bad habits and a pleasure to fly. Click image for larger version

Name:	HSD Zero 2017-03-15 001.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	267312
              Attached Files
              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

Working...
              X