Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan

FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan

The F4U Corsair was a carrier-based and land-based aircraft developed during WWII. Its unique inverted sea-gull wing is its distinctive feature, as well as its maneuverability and versatility to operate in many areas. Its powerful engine, producing a top speed of 640 kph, made the Corsair one of the fastest piston fighters in the world at that time. In the Pacific battlefield, it achieved an impressive 11:1 combat record. The Corsair remained in military service after WWII into the Korean war era and several continue to fly today with civilian operators.

This FlightLine F4U Corsair is approximately 1/8 scale, with a 1600mm wingspan and 1300mm length. We offer both the F4U-1A (“Birdcage” canopy) and F4U-1D (“Bubble Top” canopy) versions of the early three-bladed Corsair, and each version sports its own period-accurate factory paint scheme and includes appropriate decals from which users can choose their favorite to apply. Molded from EPO foam and featuring a scale shape with lots of plastic parts to enhance its scale fidelity and user friendliness, all the Corsair’s control surfaces are easily assembled with screws.

Like the FlightLine 1600mm Spitfire Mk.IX and Freewing A-10 Warthog, this Corsair also features a multi-material wing, utilizing foam, plywood, plastic, carbon tubes, and aluminum extrusions to provide a stronger wing than solid foam yet still lightweight and maneuverable. Scale lighting, scale six-panel flaps, scale landing gear, sharply molded panel lines and raised surfaces, and various other scale features make this the best big foam electric Corsair on the market today!

The FlightLine F4U Corsair stock PNP version is equipped with a 5055-390KV brushless outrunner motor and scale 3-blade propeller and 80A ESC. The specially molded large size propeller and all-new motor help power the Corsair through acrobatic maneuvers with ease while retaining a reasonable scale appearance. The model can cruise at ~40-50% throttle setting and loop consecutively at only 50%-60% throttle setting. Vertical performance is also excellent for a scale model this size! With the recommended Admiral 6S 5000mAh lipo battery, the F4U Corsair has a level top speed of 125kph/75mph, with 5-9 minutes of flight time depending on throttle management.

Takeoff is very stable without the need for flaps. The F4U can execute a wide range of maneuvers, including all scale maneuvers and additional non-scale acrobatics. Its aluminum suspension main struts and tall wheels provide confidence when operating on grass runways. All three landing gear are retractable, and the mains even feature three panel sequenced molded plastic gear doors for ultimate realism.

To give users an added element of versatility, the inside wall of the molded plastic cowl incorporates eight hidden tubes to house lead ballast, which users can add or remove depending on their preferred battery size (i.e. add ballast if flying a 4000mAh, remove ballast for 6,000+mAh). For users flying the recommended Admiral 6S 5000, no additional ballast is required other than what is already factory-installed. Refer to the manual for the recommended CG position.

An optional 3DPUP Cockpit Set is also available separately to further enhance the realism of this bold and beautiful F4U Corsair!

Visit the Official FlightLine 1600mm F4U-1A/D Corsair Discussion Thread on HobbySquawk.com for additional photos, videos, reviews, and customer Q&A.
    FEATURES:
    • Grass capable landing gear with 5mm thick steel pin and metal trunion
    • All new rotating main retract unit
    • Metal suspension main struts with sequenced main gear doors
    • Retractable tail wheel with scale detailing
    • Scale four panel split flaps with rounded leading edge like the full scale
    • Multi-material wing incorporates foam, plywood ribs, carbon spars, and aluminum joints for optimum strength
    • DayBright LED wingtip lights and sequenced landing light
    • 17g digital hybrid servos, brass ball links, and nylon hinges on all control surfaces
    • Large 18x12 (90% scale) diameter propeller with aluminum alignment and reinforcement plates
    • Integrated ballast chamber concealed within the plastic cowl
    • F4U-1A ("Birdcage" canopy) and F4U-1D ("Bubble" canopy) PNPs available in different paint schemes
    • Each version contains two decal sets
    • Admiral 6S 5000 provides 5-9 minutes average flight duration with throttle management
    INCLUDES:
    • FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair "Birdcage" 1600mm (63") Wingspan - PNP
    • Motor, ESC, servos, LED lights and retracts pre-installed
    REQUIRES:
    • 6 Channel radio
    • 6 Channel receiver
    • 6 Cell 22.2V 4000 to 5000 mAh LiPo battery with EC5 Connector
    • 6 Cell compatible battery charger

F4U-1A “Birdcage” Canopy

F4U-1D “Bubble” Canopy

Last edited by Marco Polo; Jan 9, 2020, 11:10 PM.
    TiredIron Aviation
    Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Already out?

Comment

First shipment is on the water ;)

Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC3268.JPG Views:	2 Size:	135.7 KB ID:	165662Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC3270.JPG Views:	2 Size:	137.4 KB ID:	165661

Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_6142.jpg Views:	2 Size:	101.1 KB ID:	165663Click image for larger version  Name:	_DSC3026.JPG Views:	3 Size:	179.5 KB ID:	165664 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_32344.jpg
Views:	15038
Size:	168.5 KB
ID:	165667Click image for larger version  Name:	_MG_6250.jpg Views:	1 Size:	128.7 KB ID:	165665
      Attached Files
      Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

Originally posted by Grady.c View Post
        Already out?
        You can preorder now, delivery should be late January:Cool:
        TiredIron Aviation
        Tired Iron Military Vehicles

Comment

I've got the first order in.. Yay!!!!

Comment

It is a beautiful Corsair. I like the early version.

Comment

Originally posted by dkalwishky View Post
              I've got the first order in.. Yay!!!!
              Never mind, it's in the coming soon section...

Comment

Thanks Dave! you get #1

Comment

Ordered the Birdcage

Always loved that older version!

Comment

I ordered the D model tonight, I will order the A model in the spring. My motto is you can never have too many Corsairs.

Comment

I just did the preorder!!!!! Love the fact that the birdcage is an option... Weathering that one will be FUN FUN FUN!!!!! Awesome....

Comment

Beautiful job on the Corsair Alpha!! Another hit for Flightline! I love the scheme on the -1D. Painted up one of my 1/18 Corsairs in that scheme years ago. The scale prop is the icing on the cake!! I still have to finish building my Hangar 9 20cc version, and will no doubt be using a lot of these parts on it!

Comment

it is in "coming soon planes"

Comment

Thanks, Bob! Here's a direct link:

RC Airplanes Coming soon to Motion RC... Are you looking for a sneak peek of the next big thing in RC model airplanes? Regardless of whether you’re planning to upgrade to a technically superior and cutting-edge RC aircraft or not, there’s no denying the attraction of our beautiful upcoming RC airplanes. The ones listed

Comment

What a beautiful Job the people at MRC has done on this bird! I especially like the fact they gave us the option of the rarely modeled Birdcage!:Cool:
                              I know they will continue the attention to detail and accuracy when they bring out the OV10! ;)and everything else they produce.
                              Congrats on another big hit MRC!:Cool:

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha.MotionRC View Post
                                Thanks, Bob! Here's a direct link:

RC Airplanes Coming soon to Motion RC... Are you looking for a sneak peek of the next big thing in RC model airplanes? Regardless of whether you’re planning to upgrade to a technically superior and cutting-edge RC aircraft or not, there’s no denying the attraction of our beautiful upcoming RC airplanes. The ones listed

Thanks but not needed, Alpha. I already ordered the birdcage version! Great job!

Bob

Comment

OMG Alpha you are killing me this is my all time favorite plane. I will be getting one of these but I’m going to have to wait till later. This plane is so awesome and that flight performance is off the chart. I wasn’t planning on moving up to the 6s birds but now I have no choice.

Comment

A note on the decals included in the box. Please read up on these men and their units and crews. Brilliant and Brave!

F4U-1 "Birdcage" included decals:
                                    * Kenneth Walsh, USMC, the first Corsair Ace, flying in the Pacific island hopping campaign in WW2 and also the Korean war, Medal of Honor recipient
                                    * James Cupp, USMC, Ace, Navy Cross and four time DFC

F4U-1D "Bubble" included decals:
                                    *Roger Hedrick, Ace, VF-84 "Jolly Rogers" Squadron, USS Bunker Hill
                                    *VMF-351, USS Gloucester

Click image for larger version

Name:	1st_Lieutenant_James_N._Cupp_(USMC)_of_VMF-213_on_Guadalcanal_in_June_1943.jpg
Views:	14544
Size:	22.5 KB
ID:	165707Click image for larger version

Name:	2 Livery for F4U-1D Bubble Canopy  --Lt. Col. Donald K. Yost (Battle of Okinawa) Ace of VMF-351 on the Carrier USS Gloucester.jpg
Views:	14430
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	165705

Attached Files

Comment

I am gonna jump on this only because my fms bit the dust two years ago and I was mega sad. I hope a hellcat is coming soon.
                                      AMA 1102566

Comment

Some more pics of the "D" model;)

Name:	20181208_210207161_iOS.jpg
Views:	14688
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	165711

Name:	20181208_192036211_iOS.jpg
Views:	14604
Size:	102.3 KB