Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would I go about getting them made?

Comment

• Originally posted by sethscorsair View Post
      How would I go about getting them made?
      I just checked their site and they offer machining services at reasonable prices. Go to their site and get the contact info and see what they say. You will probably have to send them the plastic side plates but it's worth the trouble, they are indestructible.

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

I have the aluminium side plates on both my 1400 FMS Cosair and my 1450 FMS P-51. They are great!
        It may be that MRC offers an upgraded retract at some point if there is a call for it. I had a similar experience with the FMS P-51. The upgraded retracts were the bomb.:Cool:Aluminum side plates and stronger electronics.

Comment

• Originally posted by boomer108 View Post

I just checked their site and they offer machining services at reasonable prices. Go to their site and get the contact info and see what they say. You will probably have to send them the plastic side plates but it's worth the trouble, they are indestructible.
          Or I could do it :)p
          Planes
          -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
          -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• I picked up a bubble top version, haven't flown a Corsair in several yrs now, flown just about every Corsair out there back in the days of Byron Originals and such, looking forward to getting it and doing some low passes with it, arrival date is next Wednesday so there should be a maiden report by Sat.....:Cool:

Comment

• Well. Though I could land with flaps. Not enough throttle, stallled ( what i think to be a stall, still level flight) about 2 feet above the deck bounce one, then twice. Rolled power in to quick and tq roll. Got it level and landed in feild who’s dirt was just tilted Servo for landing gear are stripped and my pride.
              Planes
              -E-Flite: 1.2m P-47, Maule, Turbo Timber, 1.5m AT-6, 1.2m T-28, Dallas Doll, Viper, F-15, F-16, Wildcat, Carbon Cub -UMX: Mig-15, Pitts, Timber
              -FMS: Bae Hawk Motion: 1.6m Corsair, 850mm Mustang, 1.6m Spitfire Freewing: 1.7m A-10, F-22,

Comment

• Sorry to hear that...Been there, done it, got new retracts. :Straight-Face:
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Anybody have a suggestion on where I might purchase a replacement (grub?) screw? I had one fall out of my main gear after a grass runway landing.

Comment

• O.K. got the maiden plus 3 this afternoon when the wind finally started coming from the south. North at my field is no bueno. Anyway,got video of takeoff and landing coming tomorrow from a friend. As said before, the Robart 3 1/2" wheels are great but cause the plane to be a little tail heavy even with the two extra weights in the front. Nothing to serious but I had to change the trim in flight after bringing the gear up. I also noticed that dropping the flaps with the gear up causes serious changes in attitude however with gear down, no problem on approach. Need to find a small weight to add to the nose to avoid trim changes but otherwise very cool. I can tell it's going to take some more landings to get in the groove but love this plane.:Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by LL_Shoval View Post
                      Anybody have a suggestion on where I might purchase a replacement (grub?) screw? I had one fall out of my main gear after a grass runway landing.
                      Not sure of the exact diameter in the Corsair, but one of these might work:
                      https://www.motionrc.com/pages/searc...uct_type=Screw

Comment

Anybody have a suggestion on where I might purchase a replacement (grub?) screw? I had one fall out of my main gear after a grass runway landing.
                        Home depot or Lowes has them as small as 4mm. Doubtful it that big but worth a shot.

mcmaster car is great to get grub screws. I keep the ones that have teeth so digs In to the metal. Or can get flat but use some foam tac to help hold it in. I can measure mine when get to my machine shop
                        Planes

Comment

You don’t have to replace it with another grub screw. I believe those will be 3mm and any old screw can be cut to length and substituted. I do it all the time..., a button head won’t bind on it if you don’t bottom it out, thread lock it in and leave a small gap so it can slide.

Click image for larger version  Name:	6FC91580-A4C3-499D-8F33-2EACF2CD800F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	99.9 KB ID:	193074
                          Look at this gear, nothing original about it, a modified nose gear.
                          It even sports a heavier internal spring to better absorb the shock of landing an EDF jet flying on a large 6s battery.

Click image for larger version  Name:	D091E5A4-E6CF-4185-A944-EBDB210FB165.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	116.3 KB ID:	193072

So, being the builder and mechanic first from models up through full size, I stock a lot of stuff...

Click image for larger version  Name:	58E9B21C-830D-4E69-95BE-17A4E4ACDA01.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	167.0 KB ID:	193075

Most of my small hardware comes from HobbyKing and my local hardware store, always ready to modify or replace lost, damaged, or junky kit hardware.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Would a few of you guys mind telling me how you land w/ and w/o flaps?

how I’ve done it with other war birds including the Spitfire from flightline, make my approach and back off the throttle until I see the plane start to descent, keeping the plane level. Once the descent starts I’ll roll in a little power to control the decent rate, keeping the plane level.

I was taught to only use flaps for landing when when there were little or no wind. But reading through the threads sounds like some use them regardless?

I keep bouncing and it’s annoying hahaha
                            Planes

Comment

• Thanks for the info guys, by my best measurements it looks to be 2mm in diameter and 6mm long with only about 3mm actually threaded. I’ve never seen a fastener quite like that so I’m not sure how to find one to order. :Confused:

Well, just saw your post Ole-timer after i typed this. Thanks! I’ll see if i have anything laying around that might fit the bill.

Comment

• I’ll get you the info in a few hours
                                Planes

Comment

Thanks for the info guys, by my best measurements it looks to be 2mm in diameter and 6mm long with only about 3mm actually threaded. I’ve never seen a fastener quite like that so I’m not sure how to find one to order. :Confused:

Well, just saw your post Ole-timer after i typed this. Thanks! I’ll see if i have anything laying around that might fit the bill.
                                  RC helicopters also use many of these grub screws. check the local hobby store and see if they stock helicopter parts. Or just go on Amazon and buy one of these small kits

you will have plenty for the rest of your life :)

Rich

Comment

• Congrats Brad! I actually found her okay in the air with the 3.5's but nose heavy on landing...So much so she nosed over on the grass. I will have to be mindful next time to apply full elevator on touchdown...

Thisguy65, the best way I have found to avoid bouncing on landing is a 3-point landing. Just moments before touching, I mean inches...pull back on the elevator to lift the nose gently until the tail wheel is in alignment with the mains...Then she simply plops down on all 3 feet with no bounce. Works every time.
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Here you go. 3mm x 6mm. Might would dull the threads down that ride on the strut slot or use some JB weld to fill in the threads.
                                      Attached Files
                                      Planes

Comment

• That is awesome 65!! Thanks for helping out!!! I will take you up on a set of aluminum retract housing for the corsair of you get them worked out. Just PM me with the info and a price whenever you get time!! ;) Jerry

Comment

• Originally posted by thisguy65 View Post

Here you go. 3mm x 6mm. Might would dull the threads down that ride on the strut slot or use some JB weld to fill in the threads.
                                          Thanks a bunch! :Cool:

Comment

Working...
                                          X