Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have double, triple, quadruple-double checked the CG. Just have to glue the canopy back on now. Where do these markings go?
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by KatManDEW View Post
      I have double, triple, quadruple-double checked the CG. Just have to glue the canopy back on now. Where do these markings go?
      KMD, Hope this helps. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nomenclature.jpg
Views:	854
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	252269Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-1551442904-939c6f4ba791 - Copy.jpg
Views:	812
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	252270
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Here ya go...

Click image for larger version

Name:	97201.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	252277
        Huge archive of air camouflage profiles. More than 30000 images. 500 new profiles every month. Irreplaceable reference for modelers and aviation fans.
        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Thank you for the information! I've never seen engines rated in kW before.

Comment

• You know... over in Europe, they got the metric system. It's not a quarter pounder with cheese, it's La Royale with cheese!
            Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Originally posted by KatManDEW View Post
              Thank you for the information! I've never seen engines rated in kW before.
              ..And the Germans rate their engines in PS.

1kW = 1.341hp

(PS) pferdestärke = (HP) horsepower
              1PS = 0.986hp

Comment

• One slightly hard landing and "poof" another retract case cracks in half. This is such a PITA.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-04-30 19.49.16.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.9 KB ID:	252376

I think I have done this at least twice on both sides now. Each time... gotta take the wings off (unplug the two ribbons, then remove 4 screws and two plastic ties), then separate the two halves (two more screws), then remove the little board that holds the wires (to unplug the retract), then remove the retract, then... oh wait, you can't get the wire out because the door servo is in the way... so you have to unhook the door servo rods, then remove that servo, then you can get the retract out. Then you need to transfer the strut to the new retract (so the retract case has to be taken apart and put back together), then once that's done you have to fish the servowire through (using the fish wire) and finally, you can start putting everything back together - install the retract, the door servo, the door pushrods, get all the wires put away, then screw the servo board down, put the 2 wing halves together, put the wing back on.... and WHY IS THERE ONE EXTRA SCREW LEFT OVER!!! Aaaargh!

Then.. practice the landings again!!
                Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• Same 4 me I now have solid support glued in place under about half way under retracts. Earlier in this thread. Least. New ones don't need to fly across ocean. Like 4 me. Owell!! It's world s0 far. Wrong thead ino. But just got my 70 mm 6 s set up 4 my dynam 262. Here I 5 days. Go motian well done.

Comment

• I just recieved My 1600mm Corsair today and am going to paint it to match the FG1D from the Air Zoo!
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by KC8REH View Post
                      I just recieved My 1600mm Corsair today and am going to paint it to match the FG1D from the Air Zoo!
                      KC, Great choice and "Welcome to the Squawk"! Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• KC8REH Welcome to Hobby Squawk! Do you live near Kalamazoo?
                        Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• I live about 1 hour north. I am on the east side of Grand Rapids Mi. I have seen this very Corsair fly and have also sat in the Cockpit. Beautiful Aircraft! Thank You for for producing the -1 Corsair!

Comment

• always learning
                            ....what is the history of that scheme??alpha was on it ,,,,,,,, the location thing..... thought i had seen most ... u will enjoy this plane

Comment

• f4u ausie I know the Air Zoo well! Once years ago tried to hide in the main hall during closing time, but quickly chickened out. I just wanted to camp under the airplanes, I wouldn't have touched anything!

Regarding their Corsair, she is actually a Goodyear built bird (built-under license by Vought). Rare, indeed; if memory serves they only made about 400 or so of this specific variant:

Guest Experience & Membership Manager, Michael Martin, shares some interesting facts about our Goodyear FG-1D Corsair - like why on earth are those wings ben...

Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• alpha u the man .....i no bout goodyear f4u they fought in my northern backyard ...infact all variants did even korea thanxagain

Comment

• Grass ops on a windy day ................................

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    Grass ops on a windy day ................................

Excellent flying, smooth take-off and perfect landing. Wind? What wind, no problem!!
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• did sound windy .....ihate showoffs..nice landing ........

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                                        did sound windy .....ihate showoffs..nice landing ........
                                        I call it good luck. I haven't had a lot of it with this plane. If you look at the close ups, you'll see black tape around the body just behind the engine cowl. It stalled on take off (not just once), slammed into the ground and broke the whole nose off. After some reinforcement popsicle sticks across the break, the tape covers the seam and helps to stiffen it and keep it all together. The trick (for me) is to not use flaps on take off. Even 1/2 flaps increases the lift too much and the plane lifts off before there's enough airspeed for the wings and ailerons to work to fight the torque roll. The other thing is to control the tail better so it doesn't over rotate and drive the prop into the ground. It also can't stay on the ground too long or the angle of attack causes it to lift off before it's ready, then stall.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          I call it good luck. I haven't had a lot of it with this plane. If you look at the close ups, you'll see black tape around the body just behind the engine cowl. It stalled on take off (not just once), slammed into the ground and broke the whole nose off. After some reinforcement popsicle sticks across the break, the tape covers the seam and helps to stiffen it and keep it all together. The trick (for me) is to not use flaps on take off. Even 1/2 flaps increases the lift too much and the plane lifts off before there's enough airspeed for the wings and ailerons to work to fight the torque roll. The other thing is to control the tail better so it doesn't over rotate and drive the prop into the ground. It also can't stay on the ground too long or the angle of attack causes it to lift off before it's ready, then stall.
                                          I hear you brother, I have the same issues on take-off, especially on grass. I have to leave the flaps up on the take-off run and I try to keep the attitude at slightly nose down, about 10 degrees, hopefully just high enough to keep the prop from mowing the lawn, all the while staying hard on right rudder until it picks up more speed and gives better steering control. If I do it right (so far a 75-25 proposition after 50 flights), I can then let it run up to full speed and lift it off smoothly, easier said than done.
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Working...
                                          X