Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not complaining; just curious: Why is the corsair quite a bit more expensive than any of the other 1600 series warbirds? It's significantly more expensive than the twin engine p-38, and even slightly more expensive than the quad engine b-24 2.0m! Is it just the popularity?

Comment

• Originally posted by evensen007 View Post
      Not complaining; just curious: Why is the corsair quite a bit more expensive than any of the other 1600 series warbirds? It's significantly more expensive than the twin engine p-38, and even slightly more expensive than the quad engine b-24 2.0m! Is it just the popularity?
      ES, I would think the retail cost is directly related to total costs of production with % mark-up and not this products' popularity or availability. Not usually a factor with Flightline/Freewing in my short time experience with MotionRC. Best, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• cause its worth it.
        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Lucky they improved its carrier ability from birdcage. To bubbletop. Yikes

Comment

• I'm really surprised that all you guys are still able to get replacement retracts and gear doors.... I thought I bought all those up over the past few weeks! :-) I'm still having an issue trying to land this plane without cracking the gear servos or breaking a gear door. MRC shipping dept. must be cracking up laughing every time they see they are sending me another new set!

Comment

• It flies incredibly. And it's worth it mine cost me$800landed. I had same trouble. It needs gentle touch most 2 wheel land. 4 me I break less gear if I 3 point. I think the longer grass. I would say good luck but it only comes with persistence. Ok good luck

Comment

• Originally posted by Denniswpb View Post
                I'm really surprised that all you guys are still able to get replacement retracts and gear doors.... I thought I bought all those up over the past few weeks! :-) I'm still having an issue trying to land this plane without cracking the gear servos or breaking a gear door. MRC shipping dept. must be cracking up laughing every time they see they are sending me another new set!
                When I got the Corsair when it first came out, I too cornered the market on retracts and gear doors. I was replacing at least one almost as often as a new battery. It wasn't until I tried the following landing technique that I quit having to replace retracts (but I still have a boatload left, just in case). I hate to push this technique, but it really helped me greatly, not just on the Corsair, but all my Warbirds.

After the final turn on approach and you are lined up to the runway with full flaps, I reduce the throttle to 40% (I set my transmitter timer to notify me when I am at 40% throttle). I then let it smoothly descend to about 6"-1 foot off the beginning of the runway and then level it off with a touch of up elevator, while reducing the throttle to 35% for a few seconds then 28% until the mains touch, all the while keeping the attitude level. Once they touch, I cut the throttle, give it a touch more of up elevator and raise the flaps. I must have some 40-50 flights now doing that and have yet to collapse another retract. Each Warbird is different, the 1700mm P-51 starts at 35% throttle and the 1600mm Spitfire works at 28% throttle. You will have to do some trial and error to get the correct glide slope throttle and it might be less than 40% for you because I use maximum flap deflection and my Corsair is a bit heavier than the stock with a sound system, the big heavy Warbirds.com pilot with moving head and 4 coats of Spar Urethane to boot. I almost guarantee that if you try something like this, your entire stress level will go to 0 from now on. And I'm sorry for posting this technique again and again, but it just revolutionized my world.
                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I'll give that technique a shot also.. Thanks! One of the guys at the field can set that thing down on a dime and make it look soooo smooooth. He said the way he does it is once he sets up on final and a good approach angle (not too shallow with flaps), he comes all the way back on the throttle then gives just 2 click of throttle and lets it sink (adjusting the throttle if too short or too long) and keeps the plane level and let's it settle into the runway. Yeah, easier said than done as I'm finding out. Just a thought... can I get these gear servos cheaper by the dozen?? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                    It flies incredibly. And it's worth it mine cost me$800landed. I had same trouble. It needs gentle touch most 2 wheel land. 4 me I break less gear if I 3 point. I think the longer grass. I would say good luck but it only comes with persistence. Ok good luck
                    Persistence and money LOL

Comment

• That applies to. Eeevvvverything unfortunately. Good luck cya

Comment

• Originally posted by Denniswpb View Post
                        I'll give that technique a shot also.. Thanks! One of the guys at the field can set that thing down on a dime and make it look soooo smooooth. He said the way he does it is once he sets up on final and a good approach angle (not too shallow with flaps), he comes all the way back on the throttle then gives just 2 click of throttle and lets it sink (adjusting the throttle if too short or too long) and keeps the plane level and let's it settle into the runway. Yeah, easier said than done as I'm finding out. Just a thought... can I get these gear servos cheaper by the dozen?? LOL
                        2 clicks, no wonder you are having problems! THIS IS NOT A FLOATER! he can't be using full flaps.

try this fly the plane down to 6in-a foot just like Hugh says. start bringing the throttle back, the nose will naturally drop as the speed bleeds off set the negative AOA (very shallow) by adding ever so little up E (most of the time I just bring the T back abruptly to 20% and it will settle right on the wheels tail high then shut down the T once you have weight on wheels.

once that is comfortable switch it up a bit once you have weight on wheels kill the flaps (I use 50+ degrees of flap), then the throttle as fast as I can. reason being killing the flap kills a lot of lift and the tail slams down. keeping the throttle keeps the gyroscopic advantage of the spinning prop till the tail wheel is down.

post # 3203 has pic's of me landing on a windy day, diving to the runway with lots of throttle. arriving like a freight train.
                        Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• He uses just one notch of flaps mostly. I'll give this method a try and see how it works. I appreciate the advice!!

Comment

• Originally posted by paladin View Post

2 clicks, no wonder you are having problems! THIS IS NOT A FLOATER! he can't be using full flaps.

try this fly the plane down to 6in-a foot just like Hugh says. start bringing the throttle back, the nose will naturally drop as the speed bleeds off set the negative AOA (very shallow) by adding ever so little up E (most of the time I just bring the T back abruptly to 20% and it will settle right on the wheels tail high then shut down the T once you have weight on wheels.

once that is comfortable switch it up a bit once you have weight on wheels kill the flaps (I use 50+ degrees of flap), then the throttle as fast as I can. reason being killing the flap kills a lot of lift and the tail slams down. keeping the throttle keeps the gyroscopic advantage of the spinning prop till the tail wheel is down.

post # 3203 has pic's of me landing on a windy day, diving to the runway with lots of throttle. arriving like a freight train.
                            Your referenced posting # is from Hugh
                            https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1052/4162/products/17_d9b0dbec-2808-47d8-ae2c-2c241696a121_1024x1024.jpg?v=1544455296 FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan The F4U Corsair was a carrier-based and land-based aircraft developed during WWII. Its unique inverted sea-gull wing is its distinctive feature, as well
                            Warbird Charlie
                            HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Charlie this is the post?

Jul 23rd, 2019, 06:06 PM #3203

last bunch of pic's

Comment

• paladin
                                Ohhhh, at that date that would be posts 3214 thru 3217
                                https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/1052/4162/products/17_d9b0dbec-2808-47d8-ae2c-2c241696a121_1024x1024.jpg?v=1544455296 FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan The F4U Corsair was a carrier-based and land-based aircraft developed during WWII. Its unique inverted sea-gull wing is its distinctive feature, as well
                                Warbird Charlie
                                HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	8C6F6D8A-B977-4256-B2E3-C67A725DEA9B.jpeg
Views:	554
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	265080 Check out my new face mask my Father in-law gave me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Md_cobra View Post
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	8C6F6D8A-B977-4256-B2E3-C67A725DEA9B.jpeg
Views:	554
Size:	134.5 KB
ID:	265080 Check out my new face mask my Father in-law gave me!
                                    NICE!!

Comment

• Gotta get me 1

Comment

• Rebuild complete new wings bla bla... This time the stars r up the correct way remaiden tomorrow hope it still flies nicely!!!

Comment

• Hi All. I’m hoping someone can offer advice. I purchased the F4u Bubble Top from Motion RC and had it delivered to my mate in Austin Texas. He was due to fly to Australia and bring my plane with him. COVID travel restrictions means he is no longer able to fly. I have received a number of quotes for shipping from Austin Tx to Brisbane Australia, ranging from 1200USD to 1800USD. Can anyone suggest another shipping option? To return it to MotionRC will cost me another 100usd minimum.
                                          many help, advice will be most appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                                          X