Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had a similar shipping issue with my sons cello when he left for university. It was cheapest to buy the seat next to me. The airline offered a discount since it wasn't a person. Ended up being way cheaper then the usual shipping methods for something that large.

Comment

• Shipping 4 me from motion to Melbourne is normally $230 USD. ...may b cheaper to send it back and order from motion direct!! And that's fedex

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post
        I had a similar shipping issue with my sons cello when he left for university. It was cheapest to buy the seat next to me. The airline offered a discount since it wasn't a person. Ended up being way cheaper then the usual shipping methods for something that large.
        Thanks Beeg.
        It’s more than a little crazy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
          Shipping 4 me from motion to Melbourne is normally $230 USD. ...may b cheaper to send it back and order from motion direct!! And that's fedex
          Thanks F4u Aussie.
          I thought I was being clever making the most of my mates’ travel back to Oz,
          You are right, the return to Motion, then repurchase seems like the best option.
          Thanks again.

Comment

• I know this question has been asked before but I was not able to find it in a search. How much torque do you use to install the stock prop nut and how do you get it since there is not a "nut" to attach a torque wrench to??

Comment

• Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
              I know this question has been asked before but I was not able to find it in a search. How much torque do you use to install the stock prop nut and how do you get it since there is not a "nut" to attach a torque wrench to??
              Hello Paul...……..You couldn't find a answer to your question in a search most likely cause it has never been asked in all the readings I've done.
              I've also never seen a prop nut torque specified by ANY manufacturer of ARF's. A good firm hand tightening has done well for me and many others over the years.
              The round cylinder shaped prop nut on the corsair is not a uncommon method of securing the prop and is hand tightened.
              Warbird Charlie
              HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

I know this question has been asked before but I was not able to find it in a search. How much torque do you use to install the stock prop nut and how do you get it since there is not a "nut" to attach a torque wrench to??
                Most of us have calibrated elbows and wrists.

On a serious note, just make it fairly snug but you don't have to really crank down on it. Aluminum threads have pretty good surface friction I know we all have different levels of strength and experience of tightening different fasteners but if you bend your screw driver inserted through the prop nut or deform the edges of the holes it's way too tight.
                Try tightening the nut then see how much force it takes to remove it. Unless you get a bad prop strike the nut shouldn't loosen from normal use.
                I don't know if this helps. I could go do a test on a different fastener with a torque wrench to give you a better idea of what I use but I'm sure most of use a pretty wide range of what we think is sufficient for a prop nut.

Comment

Paul, the longer the moment arm the higher torque you can achieve. I find the biggest Allan wrench that fits through the hole, put it through a little more than half way and tighten with that lever arm. you can use any other wrench/screw driver you want but the point you apply the force needs to be the same distance away. hope this helps

Joe
                  Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	6CABC8B3-0AAE-4ACB-85CD-8E3B31C76ED4.jpeg
Views:	622
Size:	158.1 KB
ID:	268092Click image for larger version

Name:	D3871D9B-85CE-43A6-8BD2-4D9B64CFE6B4.jpeg
Views:	649
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	268091
                    Well today was my F4U’s expiration date. I took off and it climbed out great. Went to bank left and nothing. Post crash revealed ailerons were unplugged from the blue box. I remember having to pull my battery lead from that area as I went to plug in the battery. Simple preflight could have saved it. Don’t get lazy, or comfortable guys! Now I think I will just order a new one and move the guts over to an old airframe I want to fly again. I had to brush up on my tree climbing skills as well as my hiking skills. Whoa I’m outta shape.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Md_cobra , That is just sad, my friend. Preflight, preflight, preflight. We all can get complacent. I hope you can do a rebuild. Tough deal, Brother. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Sorry too c that. Preflight but even pilot Ryan made similar mistake... Got 1spare wing 4 ya but I'm a long way away lol. I hated crashing mine. Good luck

Comment

• I think I am going to move electronics over to another model and just order another one. Not feeling much like a rebuild.

Comment

• Hi fellow pilots, finally maidened my F4U Corsair. What a beautiful and gentle plane to fly. Landings still a bit bouncy but I'am working on it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MAS 7.JPG
Views:	582
Size:	301.7 KB
ID:	268179Click image for larger version

Name:	image_59830.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	327.6 KB
ID:	268174Click image for larger version

Name:	image_59831.jpg
Views:	576
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	268175
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Md_cobra So sorry to hear (and see) that. Yes, we are all guilty of getting a bit complacent at times. I hate to admit I am as guilty as anyone not always thoroughly performing a pre-flight check before takeoffs. It's Russian Roulette. A good reminder for us all.
                              My YouTube RC videos:
                              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I had my Corsair speed checked by radar gun yesterday. She hit 100mph downwind and 94mph upwind. I was impressed.
                                Meridian Aeromodelers, Meridian MS

Comment

• Changing radio systems and chose this one to try it out on. Changed it over and flew it this evening. I chose this one because if flies so smoothly. Got it all dialed back in with the new gear. Definitely my favorite of these warbirds.

Comment

• Corsair ready to roll. My buddy Mark Remling did the paint and weathering. Graphics by Callie.

Comment

• Welcome to the Squawk Reddogpt ! Wow, what a beaut!
                                      My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Hi I have the Flightline Corsair ,what a lovely airplane but I have one major problem with it that has stop me flying the Corsair .I have had only 10 flight with the Corsair and gone through 4 retracts .The landing honestly have not been heavy .What happens is it gets into a slight bouncing and then one of the retract gives way so .The actually retract is fine no problems it is the retract servo that is the problem .IT seems to get pushed passed the worm drive piece ,So I take the servo apart to put the retract leg back inline with the worm drive and the little leads come off the circuit board and there is no way my soldering will cope with re soldering the tiny little leads back on to the circuit board so I have to buy and new retract servo .I have just brought 2 retract servos a week ago and it two flight they have both failed again .I just can not afford to keep buying new retract servos every couple of flight so I have grounded the Corsair. I also have the 1600 Spitfire but have no issue what so ever with that I know everyone is going to say I am landing it to heavy but honestly even people at our flying field have commented that the landing was OK and could not believe the retract gave way .Has anyone else experience this is is it just me .Sad not to fly such a lovely aircraft

Comment

• Two things cause bouncing

landing to close to stall speed, or at to high an AoA (+ or-). The wing has to be flying enough to dampen the springs in the Oreos.

hope this helps
                                          joe
                                          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

Working...
                                          X