Motion RC Gift Cards - The Perfect Gift!

You must Sign-in or Register to post messages in the Hobby Squawk community
Registration is FREE and only takes a few moments

Register now

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excellent advice and welcome Flyboy999 !
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Maidened my Corsair today! What a joy! 3 flights, 2 with Admiral 6s 6000mah and one with a Spektrum 6s 7000mah Smart pack. Plenty of power from all. I just did 5.5 minute flights. The Admirals had 51% and 53% left and the Spektrum had 65% left. Mainly cruising around at 3/4 throttle with a couple IMAC basic sequences thrown in. From reading the thread here I was worried about the retracts but they seem pretty stout and work great. Taxing over the rough dry lake bed gave the suspension a real workout. Haha! Fun to watch. I’ll try to video it next time. My first landing was great, the next 2 had a little bounce but the suspension in the struts handled it no problem. What a great looking, great flying and well engineered plane. My first warbird and I couldn’t be happier! Thanks everyone!

Comment

• Congrats Reddogpt ! She's a beauty!
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Well-done. It's a great flyer. 4 me when it's coming. At u. It just looks real.i thought that of my dynam o well. Just like f4u. I guess​​​​​​. Well engineered. Peice of foam lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddogpt View Post
            Maidened my Corsair today! What a joy! My first warbird and I couldn’t be happier! Thanks everyone!
            RD, Great livery and weathering, Sir. Congrats on your flights. Welcome to Hobby Squawk. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Good morning all, I wanted to know if anyone had the 3d STL file for the flaps see the photo? Thank you in advance for your help Ludovic Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	274560

Comment

• Has anyone changed the LEDs on their corsair by any chance? I assembled mine today and the clear LED is bad. Any help would be appreciated. Im going to contact Motion rc tommorow.

Comment

• some pics of my corsair,

Comment

• Originally posted by coyote137 View Post
                    some pics of my corsair,
                    C1, She is a beautiful thing. Great weathering work, too. Bravo Zulu, Sir. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Hi, everyone! After a dozen or so great flights, all of a sudden, when I hook up my battery, my transmitter warns that the receiver is only getting 2.3 volts. I emailed MotionRc and got this reply:

"Our ESC has a BEC onboard (Battery Eliminator Circuitry) or Voltage Regulator. Please check the voltage power output using a watt meter to test. DO NOT FLY YOUR MODEL Unless your BEC Voltage brings out a 5-6V power constantly".

I wrote back and I'm sure they'll reply, but how do I do this? How do you check the BEC's receiver output voltage?

Thank you!
                      Pete

Transmitter: Spektrum DX8 Gen2
                      Receiver: Spektrum AR637T
                      Batteries: Admiral 6s 6000mah, Spektrum SMART 6s 7000mah

Comment

Hi, everyone! After a dozen or so great flights, all of a sudden, when I hook up my battery, my transmitter warns that the receiver is only getting 2.3 volts. I emailed MotionRc and got this reply:

"Our ESC has a BEC onboard (Battery Eliminator Circuitry) or Voltage Regulator. Please check the voltage power output using a watt meter to test. DO NOT FLY YOUR MODEL Unless your BEC Voltage brings out a 5-6V power constantly".

I wrote back and I'm sure they'll reply, but how do I do this? How do you check the BEC's receiver output voltage?

Thank you!
                        Pete

Transmitter: Spektrum DX8 Gen2
                        Receiver: Spektrum AR637T
                        Batteries: Admiral 6s 6000mah, Spektrum SMART 6s 7000mah
                        You'll need a multimeter with very small, sharp probes. I don't have my plane handy to look for you but if it's a built in BEC like what Motion seems to indicate, then the power for the RX is coming via the throttle input. Put one probe on the middle (red) wire of the plug and the other on the negative (black or brown) wire of the plug and read what it says. That will be your BEC voltage to the RX.

Comment

• OK. Thanks, Viper, I'll give it a shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                            You'll need a multimeter with very small, sharp probes. I don't have my plane handy to look for you but if it's a built in BEC like what Motion seems to indicate, then the power for the RX is coming via the throttle input. Put one probe on the middle (red) wire of the plug and the other on the negative (black or brown) wire of the plug and read what it says. That will be your BEC voltage to the RX.
                            I checked and the multimeter says the receiver is getting 5.4 volts. Also, the transmitter now confirms this. So, this is OK to fly, correct? Not sure what happened that day. I'll fly her again and see what happens. Thanks for the help, Viper!

Comment

I checked and the multimeter says the receiver is getting 5.4 volts. Also, the transmitter now confirms this. So, this is OK to fly, correct? Not sure what happened that day. I'll fly her again and see what happens. Thanks for the help, Viper!
                              If it reads 5.4v then yes, fly it but do a thorough range test. Perhaps that day, the "smart" stuff wasn't so smart.

Comment

• actually I would get a expendable servo extension and drive a pin through the black wire at on end and the red wire on the other end (be careful not to tough them together) or use a y turn on the radio then check the voltage flaps up and flaps down, retracts up and down. cause a stalled servo can draw a lot of current.

Joe
                                Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• I am trying to use the Xicoy Electronic CG meter to balance my Corsair. The only issue I have is where to place a small bubble level on the plane where the actual level is in flight so I will have the right level before measuring and adjusting for balance. Somewhere I read to move the rudder off center and place a small level on the flat surface underneath the rudder. I tried this but to me when I level at this location the plane looks to be in a nose down attitude. Anyone know the correct leveling location? thanks!!

Comment

• About to pull the trigger on this bird. Think I'll go with the birdcage.

Anything else I should add to my shopping cart? Haven't had the chance to get through this monster thread yet so if there is some quick tips on upgraded parts or anything like that I should consider, please let me know.

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
                                      I am trying to use the Xicoy Electronic CG meter to balance my Corsair. The only issue I have is where to place a small bubble level on the plane where the actual level is in flight so I will have the right level before measuring and adjusting for balance. Somewhere I read to move the rudder off center and place a small level on the flat surface underneath the rudder. I tried this but to me when I level at this location the plane looks to be in a nose down attitude. Anyone know the correct leveling location? thanks!!
                                      Are you doing it with the plane upside down? This is a low wing plane and should be balanced upside down. Right side up is harder to balance as it becomes very "teetery". Also this plane is quite big and heavy and is very CG forgiving. Measure the book CG and place a mark on the top wing surface on each side, at a convenient distance from the fuse and hold it with your index fingers. You don't need a CG machine or a bubble level. You can easily tell by just looking at it if it's level or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by GooberRC View Post
                                        About to pull the trigger on this bird. Think I'll go with the birdcage.

Anything else I should add to my shopping cart? Haven't had the chance to get through this monster thread yet so if there is some quick tips on upgraded parts or anything like that I should consider, please let me know.

Thanks!
                                        How experienced are you at flying a tail dragger? It's quite easy for the tail to lift quickly if you're not taking off correctly and drive the prop into the ground. Maybe a set of spare blades and prop holder?

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                          How experienced are you at flying a tail dragger? It's quite easy for the tail to lift quickly if you're not taking off correctly and drive the prop into the ground. Maybe a set of spare blades and prop holder?
                                          I’m fairly comfortable with tail draggers. Always have to be on your toes of course, so a spare set of blades is not a bad idea. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                          X