Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've landed Corsairs over the years plenty via 3-point. In fact, if I had to guess I would say 75% have been 3-point landings versus 25% 2-point. And that would be thousands of landings with various models and sizes. Doesn't really seem to depend on the model or size for the most part although the larger scale do seem to take the 3-pointers better. Don't get me wrong, I've had plenty of bouncers and yes I too broke my retracts on more than one model including this one. The key with 3-pointers is being close to the ground and at stall speed or close to it. Grass helps as well. I do enjoy the 2-pointers for the scale appeal, especially with a nice smooth roll out.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Just brainstorming. After watching rc informer..... The new FM's 1700 Corsair. 8s transplant..... Would it work on the fline Corsair?? Weights up front to remove,replace speed controller. I think it's 340 kv motor maybe to much. I'm not advanced to a point checking amps draw etc. It goes hard enough. But can never go.to fast. Thank in advance

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
        Just brainstorming. After watching rc informer..... The new FM's 1700 Corsair. 8s transplant..... Would it work on the fline Corsair?? Weights up front to remove,replace speed controller. I think it's 340 kv motor maybe to much. I'm not advanced to a point checking amps draw etc. It goes hard enough. But can never go.to fast. Thank in advance
        I can't justify buying this V3 when I've got a really good V2. So, along similar lines as you, my plan is to put the original 300kv motor back in (it's got the 360kv in it now), get the V3 prop, get the 120A HV ESC and see how it goes on 8s. The 360kv motor and 85A ESC, I will see if it'll fit into my FL corsair, which runs the FMS V2 4-bl prop on it. Being lighter, this should make the FL Corsair a little peppier.

Comment

• So the 340 kv not to much. ?? I agree if u have V2 no need. V3 1000 bucks here. Can I ask how is the gear on the fms

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
            So the 340 kv not to much. ?? I agree if u have V2 no need. V3 1000 bucks here. Can I ask how is the gear on the fms
            I didn't want to stick my neck out on the 340kv motor. I'm worried that the 360kv may not be able to take 8s. As for the FMS retracts on the V2, they are weak. I got a new set because the old ones got stuck part way through the cycle. The one of the new V2 set did the same thing, so in that sense, they are garbage. I'm thinking I might give the V3 retracts a try when they are available. For now, V3 retracts are not in the parts list.

Comment

• As always viper thanks 4 ya help will ask motion. Not after guarantees may need 300kv Gota learn how to check amps etc. All the best lastly havin fun with mig 17. F35 rebuilt. It's next

Comment

• Has anyone used the Callie nomenclature decals on their model? I haven't seen any photos with them.

Comment

• I have used Callie Graphics before and I can say they are great!

I just picked up the FMS 1700mm V3 Corsair and I have Callie doing a set of F2G Super Corsair #57 Graphics for it. Can't go wrong with any of the Callie Graphics.

Comment

• Originally posted by RodgerC View Post
                    Has anyone used the Callie nomenclature decals on their model? I haven't seen any photos with them.
                    I used her nomenclature graphics on my Corsair but they do not "show up" all that well on the dark blue background. I have them on virtually all my other jets/planes and obviously the lighter the background, the better they show up. Like all of her work, they are outstanding!

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201106_155220.jpg
Views:	677
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	284628Click image for larger version

Name:	20201106_155159.jpg
Views:	620
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	284629Click image for larger version

Name:	20201106_155743.jpg
Views:	613
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	284630Click image for larger version

Name:	20201106_155717.jpg
Views:	627
Size:	101.6 KB
ID:	284631Click image for larger version

Name:	20201106_160151.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	284632
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	C41F34F5-1922-458B-A5A8-CEBE382C522D.jpeg
Views:	612
Size:	319.1 KB
ID:	285926 Got 10 flight on my 2nd Corsair. Flies just wonderful!!

Comment

• A flying buddy and I flying our 1D Corsairs.

Tom

Comment

• So, I ask you, what else could I do when the website said "hurry only 2 left" but run to da bank & take out a loan!
                          It's under the Christmas tree and only 30 days to wait. Have 4 batry's and Callie graphics. Have read all 200 pages of Squawk and now not sure if I'm ready or :scar't: and the dang 30 day warranty will run out before get to open the box 😐

😁 Happy Thanksgiving all U turkeys 😂

Name:	F4U-1A Christmas.JPG
Views:	564
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	287725

Comment

• Narly I also have the Flight-Line Corsair and it is my next project beginning after the Holidays. I look forward to watching your progress, so post pics. Best to you yours on Thanksgiving, LB
                            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Narly View Post
                              So, I ask you, what else could I do when the website said "hurry only 2 left" but run to da bank & take out a loan!
                              It's under the Christmas tree and only 30 days to wait. Have 4 batry's and Callie graphics. Have read all 200 pages of Squawk and now not sure if I'm ready or :scar't: and the dang 30 day warranty will run out before get to open the box 😐

What scheme are you doing since you mentioned order graphics from Callie? Callie is making me a set of F2G # 57 race plane graphics for my corsair. I'll be painting it up over this winter at some point in time.

Comment

• boy, that's a big box! is that just one?
                                Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• I am going with Ken Walsh's - Lucky 13; 1st Corsair Ace and just 2 years after I wus hatched 😍

Name:	Lucky 13 profile.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	287767

Comment

• Originally posted by Narly View Post
                                    So, I ask you, what else could I do when the website said "hurry only 2 left" but run to da bank & take out a loan!

Name:	F4U-1A Christmas.JPG
Views:	564
Size:	183.1 KB
ID:	287725
                                    You have a lot more patience than I would have, if that showed up at my door, it would have been opened before it even hit the doorstep. That way I'd be flying it for Christmas instead of building it, and that would have given me the opportunity to beg my CO for another box to actually open for Christmas. Anyway, congratulations, you will absolutely love this model, the best foam Corsair, IMO, out there.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hugh Wiedman

and I have read all of your great flying tips a couple times but by time spring gets to WY (4th July) probably have to take refresher course 😁

Comment

• Could someone please share with me what the correct Flap to Elevator Mix is for the Flightline Corsair? It would save me a lot of time trying to re-create the wheel!!

Comment

• Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
                                          Could someone please share with me what the correct Flap to Elevator Mix is for the Flightline Corsair? It would save me a lot of time trying to re-create the wheel!!
                                          First I would like to note that most of us have remarked in this thread that the FL Corsair doesn't need takeoff flaps - it comes off the ground very quickly without any flaps and if you use takeoff flaps, it may take off before you are ready. But when landing, it does help to have the flaps all the way down, it helps slow this beast for landing. It also looks totally cool!! You need to make gentle 2-point landings (with some throttle) and avoid bouncing as much as possible. (Bounce = broken landing gear retract casing).

So, elevator trim can depend a lot on your CG and also how far down you put the flaps. Using the flaps will make the plane "balloon" a bit. So a little down-elevator trim is helpful. I have mine set so that the flaps go WAY down, like 70-75 degrees, and my radio's flap mix is set for 14% down elevator trim. (Its not much, its only about 1/8 of an inch) I had to experiment a lot to get to this point, I found that without some down trim, the plane will tend to bounce when it touches down. With a little down trim, it will stick to the runway and I find it much easier. Now, if you have your flaps set so that they come down only 45-50 degrees, you may need MORE down trim because the flaps will generate more lift. With the flaps all the way down they're mainly functioning as air brakes. Hope this helps!
                                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X