Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sure that's not a full scale doing a fly by?
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Good Morning All,

I got my FlightLine F4U-1D (Bubble Top) from a Swap Shop that was held at the Toledo Weak Signals flying field. This is supposed to be a yearly event. Anyway this is my families Christmas present to me. I purchased a Gen's Ace 6S 5000Mah to go into the plane. When I purchased the plane it was already painted for the Pacific theater, with the sky blue outer wing panels, the white belly and the rest in navy. I talked to Wes at Merry Boozers and learned about Papa dotting. I Papa dotted the plane to my likes and made a little video of it. The Merry Boozer have show it on one of there live shows. That video is attached. This was my first time attempting to "dot" any plane. Judge for yourselves. Having issues loading an .mp4 to this page. Here is the Youtube link to the video:

Attached Files

Comment

• Has anyone had any issues with thier mixing boards, and if so, what were the issues and the related fixes? Thanks in advance fellas

Comment

• Originally posted by CorsairPilot17 View Post
          Good Morning All,

I got my FlightLine F4U-1D (Bubble Top) from a Swap Shop that was held at the Toledo Weak Signals flying field...this is my families Christmas present to me.
          CP17, The Toledo Weak Signals Show has ben around for a very long time. Your 'Christmas Corsair' looks great. Congrats, Sir. Best, LB
          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Elbee,

Thank you for your comments. The Toledo Weak Signals Show is no more. They didn't have it this year and will never have it again. The club put out a letter to the AMA regarding the show, I think it was in the September, October time frame. It is a sad thing to loose this show altogether.

Comment

• Elbee
              Elbee commented
              Editing a comment
              Copy.

• I have a question on the metal motor mount for the FlightLine F4U-1D, is one of the tab on the metal motor mount supposed to be bent in an upward direction in comparison to the other 3 ? This is the metal motor mount that screws to the back side of the electric motor and on to the circular plastic mount in the nose ? I crashed my Corsair and mine is bent, that is why I am checking. According to the instruction manual it looks flat.

Comment

• It should be flat.

Comment

• does anyone have the factory paint code for the bubble top? I thought i head alpha say they used Tamiya paints? if so the XF #?
                Thanks in advance fellas!!

Comment

• Look ma, no trim , For paint match see P. 185 Post #3694. Don't think you will get a match w/ Tamiya.. There are also other Brand (like Lowes) paint matches listed in this Squawk.

Comment

• To windy to fly. Sooo. Get on squark show the team some new pics

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                      Got on squawk show the team some new pics.
                      FA. Great paint work and livery choice. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

To windy to fly. Sooo. Get on squark show the team some new pics
                        Paint work looks good. Lots of detail that seems like you really put some time & effort into!! Good work!

It does look like the plane has just been discovered in an old barn somewhere 😉

Comment

To windy to fly. Sooo. Get on squark show the team some new pics
                          That's some fine weathering work there. It looks well-used and dirty just like the full-size planes did in the S. Pacific. Hey, if you bang up your model putting it in the car or rub it on the door leaving the house, or get it dirty at the field, no one will be able to tell!~
                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

• I would like to remove the bubble top canopy and install the 3D cockpit. Can someone please share the easiest way to remove the canopy without damage and where I can buy the 3D Cockpit? I checked on the MotionRC site and do not see the cockpit set for sale anymore? Thanks so much!!

Comment

• Originally posted by paulsnapp View Post
                              I would like to remove the bubble top canopy and install the 3D cockpit. Can someone please share the easiest way to remove the canopy without damage and where I can buy the 3D Cockpit? I checked on the MotionRC site and do not see the cockpit set for sale anymore? Thanks so much!!
                              Paul, I use a small artist's spatula I bought at Hobby Lobby to pry up an edge and carefully work it around the glued edges pulling firmly to release the canopies. There will some damage but it relegated to the paint. If you'll check the "Support" page for the Flightline Corsair, you'll find there are 3DPUP STL files for the cockpit set. I do not recall whether Motion RC ever offered the cockpit parts for sale, but the STL Files for the parts are there on the Website. Best, LB
                              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• What is the best method for clear coating on vinyl? Does the vinyl really need to be sealed? I did the rudder on my new Corsair with Beacon Hobby Coat with very poor results. It dried with many bubbles and has also left a very shinny surface. Can the bubbles be removed? Thanks

Comment

• I have downloaded the 3D files from MotionRC for the cockpit. I have been searching online to find a place to get them printed. There are lots but they are way too expensive. Does anyone here have a recommendation where I can get my cockpit files printed for a reasonable price??

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	87F68A66-C860-4D35-ABFC-0786D1213143.jpeg
Views:	465
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	289675Click image for larger version

Name:	32C6547A-B7E1-477B-8A29-BB07CABF96CD.jpeg
Views:	439
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	289674Click image for larger version  Name:	914FEBA1-456F-4F65-A424-515AB450A3DF.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	115.8 KB ID:	289673

Click image for larger version  Name:	2A6CC3C0-AC63-4662-9BD0-4602110BF08B.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	107.6 KB ID:	289672
                                    hey Xviper
                                    i haven’t been on the thread for awhile and just in case someone else has trouble with the prop hub screws being stripped.
                                    I was able to fix Rob’s assembly by drilling it out and inserting a 3mm heli-coil. These can be purchased on Amazon

Click image for larger version  Name:	269E819A-313E-48E7-BCD6-3F2AC675F691.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	118.7 KB ID:	289671

Rich

Comment

• Rich, very nice. I didn't even know they made heli-coils that small. I know them from my car wrenching days.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        Rich, very nice. I didn't even know they made heli-coils that small. I know them from my car wrenching days.
                                        I didn’t either :). I had a Turbine jet with a stripped screw and started researching the possibilities of fixing it. Amazon had many kits with small metric sizes.
                                        the rest is history

anyway this saved the Corsair prop hub in this case

Rich

Comment

Working...
                                        X