X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Look ma, no trim View Post

It's a sequence thing, at least of my spektrum. I've been able to add gear as a F-Mode, but it mix will only initialize if i put gear down 1st. When I do, I can see elevator mix as gear drops. Then when I activate flaps, I can see the elevator mix for the flaps. However, if I do flaps 1st, then drop gear, no ele/gear mix happens,,...Hope this helps!
    amendment: When I drop flaps 1st , then gear, I only receive flap/ele mix, no gear/ele mix..

I too use the Robarts 3-1/2 and immediately noticed the nose dive (figuratively speaking) it did when gear was deployed on CG stand...good luck!

Comment

• If you must use elevator compensation for flap deployment, you are best to leave the gear out of the equation. Just to the compensation in the flap menu and dial in some delay.

Comment

• Am fitting new mig retracts to my corsair ... They r way bigger stronger looking .. they will fit with mods !! Larger hole in stuts etc. No foam cuts but gear doors wont fit .... At this stage. Just sik of my crappy landings etc etc. Its a flyer. Post pic when done. Cya

Comment

• Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all you steely eyed pilots and Black Sheep !! Click image for larger version

Name:	Merry Christmas 2020.JPG
Views:	537
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	291320

Comment

• Originally posted by Narly View Post
            Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all you steely eyed pilots and Black Sheep !!
            Thank you. And a Very Merry Christmas to you and yours, Narly. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Back atcha and to all of you fellow Corsair Nuts!
              My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Yes and merry xmas from down under to the squawk team. Its xmas day already

Comment

• Originally posted by Narly View Post
                  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all you steely eyed pilots and Black Sheep !! Click image for larger version

Name:	Merry Christmas 2020.JPG
Views:	537
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	291320
                  Very Merry one right back at ya.. and all of ya warbird super freaks out there! I'll be dreaming of one of those under my tree when I wake tomorrow!
                  Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Hey, guys! My left outboard flap servo is shaking at one endpoint so I’m going to replace it. I think it is a 17g hybrid metal gear servo that’s like $9.99. Can I substitute the full metal gear servo that’s $11.99? Do they have the exact same dimensions and travel?

Comment

• If your TXhas the capability of adjusting the end points individually then you should be ok. you can always just adjudst the end points\throws from your TX to make the left and right throws the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddogpt View Post
                        Hey, guys! My left outboard flap servo is shaking at one endpoint so I’m going to replace it. I think it is a 17g hybrid metal gear servo that’s like $9.99. Can I substitute the full metal gear servo that’s $11.99? Do they have the exact same dimensions and travel?
                        If you're like most people, you do not have all your flap servos on separate channels, so you can't just adjust that one. I suggest you go to servo travel (or servo sub-trim) and move the end point away from the very end. Of course, this will move all of them. Not a big deal. Then you go and change the rod lengths for all of them so they are all zero'd where you want them.
                        Sure, you can change to full metal gear servo but you should change all of them. However, if you can stop the shaking by doing the above, that may not be necessary.

Comment

• Good suggestion, I apologize for not considering that we all use different electronics, I assumed most\all TX's had similar settings/options just in a different configuration. I use the DETRUM brand RX & TX's and on my DT9 Transmitter the setting for sub trim is seperate than the setting for end point adjustment, which in end point adjustment you can set the number between -120 & +120 (100 being default) and it has the option to do that to each control surface. So my above post may not be relevant to everyone. Thank You, let us know how it works out.

Comment

• I definitely thought it might be easier just to swap out the servo rather than adjust all the servo subtrims and control rods. It would have been really easy if the shaking didn't occur at the flaps up position. Could have just backed off the throw for full flaps and been on my way! 😀 Thanks for the help everyone, I'll keep you posted on what I do.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                              Am fitting new mig retracts to my corsair ... They r way bigger stronger looking .. they will fit with mods !! Larger hole in stuts etc. No foam cuts but gear doors wont fit .... At this stage. Just sik of my crappy landings etc etc. Its a flyer. Post pic when done. Cya
                              Very novel idea. Please keep us updated on how this works out. I'm going to need new retracts for my FMS 1700mm V2 Corsair. I've been considering the newer V3 retracts but the MiG ones is an interesting option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddogpt View Post
                                Hey, guys! My left outboard flap servo is shaking at one endpoint so I’m going to replace it. I think it is a 17g hybrid metal gear servo that’s like $9.99. Can I substitute the full metal gear servo that’s $11.99? Do they have the exact same dimensions and travel?
                                I am jumping in late, but I would just replace the problem servo with the all metal gear version. The specs are the same and travel will be the same. I have done this on several failing servos. The hybrid servos are used to save MRC some money and keep prices down. We are only talking about a few bucks.. just do it

Rich

Comment

• Some pictures of mig retract install its not 4 the scale freak ,,, I love scale!,, the the alloy wing spa sits just i front of the factory retracts ... so the choice was carv some foam and move the big mig retracts forward ... or I chose to sit the longer retract on the wing spa....... hence when in the up position ,, they r below the gear door line so no gear doors... last thing the strut needs to be shorter..... you could cut them,, or I chose to cut the springs and put a travel restriction in the grub scew slot they r heavier ... and a bit in front of cg ,,so will take out 1 slug from the Tokyo nose ring

Comment

• Christmas was good to me this year! Bolted this together quickly, just to see how it looks. Can’t wait to fly it. I’ve been reading all of your posts in this thread, absorbing all of the wisdom!
                                    Click image for larger version

Name:	63C4218D-91BB-45E0-BE61-1617EDC65D8D.jpeg
Views:	474
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	291689

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                                      Christmas was good to me this year! Bolted this together quickly, just to see how it looks. Can’t wait to fly it. I’ve been reading all of your posts in this thread, absorbing all of the wisdom!
                                      Click image for larger version

Name:	63C4218D-91BB-45E0-BE61-1617EDC65D8D.jpeg
Views:	474
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	291689
                                      awesome!! Welcome to the Corsair family:)
                                      Rich

Comment

• Did Maiden on mine yesterday. Much better flyer than my original V1FMS 1700 I still have. I will admit to liking the larger size of the FMS but not the least bit disappointed in my FW.
                                        The FW Corsair has power to spare. Took off at half throttle in about 50 ft. no flaps into good 10 plus headwind. Very solid flyer with almost no trim required. Did not bounce around in wind just very groovy at half throttle with comfortable speed. Pulls pretty large loops with added power. Never needed full power with level flying. Set up for landing with no flaps because of good steady 10 plus headwind. Just a beautiful decent holding a little power (not a glider). Easy flare for grease a wheel landing. Flew about 4 1/2 minuets with 4.07 volts per cell left on 6S-6000 mah Battery so will have plenty for longer flights. Will reset timer to 7 minuets for next flight.
                                        All controls per Hi spec using 30% expo. Love it.

Comment

• Originally posted by dmyers0403 View Post
                                          Did Maiden on mine yesterday....Love it.
                                          DM, Welcome to "The Squawk". Good debrief. Glad you're onboard. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X