Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
    Christmas was good to me this year!
    E6, Ho Ho Ho!. I will start one as well soon. Looking forward to watching your progress in the mean time. Best and Happy New Year to you and yours, Sir. Best, LB
    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by dmyers0403 View Post
      Did Maiden on mine yesterday. Much better flyer than my original V1FMS 1700 I still have. I will admit to liking the larger size of the FMS but not the least bit disappointed in my FW.
      The FW Corsair has power to spare. Took off at half throttle in about 50 ft. no flaps into good 10 plus headwind. Very solid flyer with almost no trim required. Did not bounce around in wind just very groovy at half throttle with comfortable speed. Pulls pretty large loops with added power. Never needed full power with level flying. Set up for landing with no flaps because of good steady 10 plus headwind. Just a beautiful decent holding a little power (not a glider). Easy flare for grease a wheel landing. Flew about 4 1/2 minuets with 4.07 volts per cell left on 6S-6000 mah Battery so will have plenty for longer flights. Will reset timer to 7 minuets for next flight.
      All controls per Hi spec using 30% expo. Love it.
      It is an awesome flyer i go 8 minutes on a 6250 zippy

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

It is an awesome flyer i go 8 minutes on a 6250 zippy
        Sounds good. How was battery voltage and type of flying.

Comment

• Scale and still 3.8 all 6

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
            Scale and still 3.8 all 6
            Sounds awesome. Pretty much what I was hoping for.

Comment

• Got 5 flights in today on my Corsair, running 8 minutes on a 5000. Plenty of power, smooth landings, just a real pleasure to fly. Same with the FL Spitfire, but with that I'm getting almost 10 minutes on a 5000. These are 2 of my favorite prop warbirds and FL did an outstanding job with them. Also got 5 flights on the FMS 1700mm P-51. I like the size and it looks good in the air, but it is still a dog compared to the Corsair and Spitfire. I have to use a 4000 because any heavier battery really degrades the performance. Although it has the 360 Kv motor, the aircraft is just way too heavy and I suppose going to an 8S setup would help, like with the FMS Corsair, but I'd rather spend my time and money on another FL/FW model. It still flies OK with the 4000, climbs decently and gives just under 5 minutes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201227_114534.jpg
Views:	641
Size:	289.6 KB
ID:	291760
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
                Got 5 flights in today on my Corsair, running 8 minutes on a 5000. Plenty of power, smooth landings, just a real pleasure to fly. Same with the FL Spitfire, but with that I'm getting almost 10 minutes on a 5000. These are 2 of my favorite prop warbirds and FL did an outstanding job with them. Also got 5 flights on the FMS 1700mm P-51. I like the size and it looks good in the air, but it is still a dog compared to the Corsair and Spitfire. I have to use a 4000 because any heavier battery really degrades the performance. Although it has the 360 Kv motor, the aircraft is just way too heavy and I suppose going to an 8S setup would help, like with the FMS Corsair, but I'd rather spend my time and money on another FL/FW model. It still flies OK with the 4000, climbs decently and gives just under 5 minutes.
                Just checking ................... The stock FW Corsair has a 340kv motor. Did you transplant the FMS 360kv motor into it? I fly my FW Corsair with the stock motor and ESC but I'm using the FMS V2 Corsair 4-blade prop. I find it flies quite well, perhaps marginally faster than the FMS Corsair with the 360kv motor. I'm going to experiment with my FMS with the newer V3 prop hub and V3 blades, then with V3 prop hub, V2 blades and 8s on the HV ESC as per RC Informer.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                  Just checking ................... The stock FW Corsair has a 340kv motor. Did you transplant the FMS 360kv motor into it? I fly my FW Corsair with the stock motor and ESC but I'm using the FMS V2 Corsair 4-blade prop. I find it flies quite well, perhaps marginally faster than the FMS Corsair with the 360kv motor. I'm going to experiment with my FMS with the newer V3 prop hub and V3 blades, then with V3 prop hub, V2 blades and 8s on the HV ESC as per RC Informer.
                  No, I left the FL Corsair with the stock 340Kv motor and the stock 18X12 3 blade prop. It has plenty of power for my style of flying, takes off with about 75% throttle and I only use full throttle on the climb out of cuban 8's and split S's and a few other maneuvers. The majority of the time I'm at 45-60% throttle so I can get well over 8 minutes of flight time. The FMS 1700 mm P-51 still also has the stock 360Kv motor with the 17X10 4 bladed prop. The P-51 weighs just under 10 lbs with the sound system, while the FL Corsair with the sound system weighs under 8 lbs, so that extra weight in the P-51 seems to make quite a difference in it's flight characteristics. I've tried it with a 5500 and a 5000 mAh battery and that additional weight really degrades it's performance and I have to use more throttle, which ends up not giving me much additional flight time. With the 4000 mAh battery, it flies and climbs much better but flight times are reduce to 5 minutes or less and it definitely seems to fly much "heavier" than the FL Corsair. The 360Kv motor in the P-51 already draws 83 Amps and 1780 watts on the 85 Amp ESC so if I were to go with an 8S setup, there may be quite a few changes I would need to make and that may be beyond my limited capability to pull off. At this point, I'd rather spend my time and money on something else because the P-51 is still "flyable" (is that even a word), just nothing to write home about.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hey everyone. Got this far yesterday with my Corsair. I used a Home Depot paint code I found on this thread for the intermediate blue. Thanks to whoever it was that did that research, I think it looks just about right. Sent a request off to Callie this morning for decals. I’m going to try not to go crazy with weathering etc. This should be a fun one!

Click image for larger version

Name:	72C3333D-ED54-4D35-B120-3FC6BE571834.jpeg
Views:	608
Size:	275.5 KB
ID:	291854

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
                      Hey everyone. Got this far yesterday with my Corsair. This should be a fun one!
                      E6, Looks like the perfect canvas, Sir. Which livery did you choose? Any mods in mind? Looking forward to seeing your progress. Best, LB
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

E6, Looks like the perfect canvas, Sir. Which livery did you choose? Any mods in mind? Looking forward to seeing your progress. Best, LB
                        LB, not planning to get crazy with the Corsair, but I’m sure you will with yours!😂 Looking forward to your progress as well. I chose the 1944 livery of Captain Dean S. Hartley, USMC. Callie has my request, should have decals in 4-5 weeks! Click image for larger version

Name:	B28FAF70-29B2-4956-A65A-005BAE77CAAB.jpeg
Views:	567
Size:	117.2 KB
ID:	292018

Comment

• EA-6B Geek, Great livery choice. I like it. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Something for us f4u nuts... and since the dumb Aussie doesn't no how to put a link here yet !,, I will tell u it only new on u tube blancolirio will find it on u tube
                            Restoration of what will be the only airworthy birdcage corsair at vultures row aviation California very very cool enjoy go

Comment

• Just picked up the FlightLine Corsair 1600 from another club member. He's a 3D guy and tried a Warbird but didn't like it. Only has a dozen flights on it. Everything works as it should. However, the left main gear stutters as it comes down. Retraction is smooth. Right main gear is smooth both ways. He couldn't figure it out and neither can I. Any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post
                                Just picked up the FlightLine Corsair 1600 from another club member. He's a 3D guy and tried a Warbird but didn't like it. Only has a dozen flights on it. Everything works as it should. However, the left main gear stutters as it comes down. Retraction is smooth. Right main gear is smooth both ways. He couldn't figure it out and neither can I. Any ideas?
                                Take it out and examine it closely for any cracks in the plastic housing or any dirt or crud in the parts that move.

Comment

• Hey everyone,

Any recommendations for an upgraded motor for this plane? I love the way it flies, but really looking for some more power. Any motor/mount/prop shaft combos that work and you recommend?

Thanks,

Comment

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                                    Hey everyone,

Any recommendations for an upgraded motor for this plane? I love the way it flies, but really looking for some more power. Any motor/mount/prop shaft combos that work and you recommend?

Thanks,
                                    I asked that same thing in hindsight it is fast enough u may also mess up the efficantcy as it is it flies well at half throttle ,,, some inc me get 8 minutes flying from 6000 I'm not that expert with the electronic stuff yet but u may mess up that flight time

Comment

• Originally posted by AZFlyer View Post
                                      Hey everyone, Any recommendations for an upgraded motor for this plane? I love the way it flies, but really looking for some more power. Any motor/mount/prop shaft combos that work and you recommend?Thanks,
                                      AZ, it isn't always about motor size, try a prop with a bit more pitch. That change can make an enormous difference in performance. Zoom, zoom... Best, LB
                                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                        Take it out and examine it closely for any cracks in the plastic housing or any dirt or crud in the parts that move.
                                        Thanks. I did that - no cracks, no dirt. As long as I'm asking, prior owner used Open TX and I will be setting up this plane on Spektrum DX9 with 6ch RX. I know I could set up manual's recommended dual rates and flap settings in mm by guessing at %, measure and repeat, but it would be easier if any Spektrum users could provide % rates and flap settings as a starting point?

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post
                                          Just picked up the FlightLine Corsair 1600 from another club member. He's a 3D guy and tried a Warbird but didn't like it. Only has a dozen flights on it. Everything works as it should. However, the left main gear stutters as it comes down. Retraction is smooth. Right main gear is smooth both ways. He couldn't figure it out and neither can I. Any ideas?
                                          Look for cracks in the black plastic retract housing. The crack may not be visible when its sitting there. You need to remove it, and then hold it in your hand and twist the housing, then you will see where its cracked. If the case isn't cracked then the jack screw (inside) is probably bent slightly. Believe me I have seen this many times, and I know that I'm not the only one here with the same experience! (After replacing these about 6 times until I finally figured out how to land the plane correctly) Although I must say, on mine it usually would do that stuttering when it was going up, not so much when it was going down. The case can crack just from a mild bounce.

For Flaps - you don't need any flaps for takeoff, it takes off very smartly and you usually have to hold it down because it has a tendency to take off before you're ready. For landing, you can use full deflection, as far down as mechanically possible. At that position you don't need to program any elevator trim because the flaps are generating drag, not lift. (Of course you need to land with at least 30% throttle to overcome that drag). I am using a tiny bit of down elevator trim because I found that it stopped the bounce, that's what worked for me,
                                          Marc flies FW & FL: AL37, MiG-29, T45,F4, A4, A10, F104 70 and 90, P38, Dauntless SBD, Corsair, B17, B24, B26 & P61, Lipp.P19, ME262, Komets, Vampire, SeaVixen, FMS Tigercat, FOX Glider & Radian XL.

Rabid Models foamies, including my 8' B17 & 9' B36... and my Mud Ducks! www.rabidmodels.com

Comment

Working...
                                          X