• Show
Clear All

• my daughter showed me how to attach it

Comment

• Elbee
      Elbee commented
      Editing a comment
      Great Video. Thank you. Best, LB

• Hey guys, finally got a chance to get this thing in the air..Flew almost perfect right outta the box. very little trim was needed. I did the Robarts 3.5 upgrade, balanced plane with CG provided in manual with GEAR UP. I did not need extra weights, only those extra two supplied with plane. I used an Admiral 6000 50c, nestled into the motor mount in the firewall. Flew like a champ. I really appreciate the help some of you found the time to provide, It was all spot on.. Enjoy the video!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Look ma, no trim View Post
      Hey guys, finally got a chance to get this thing in the air..Flew almost perfect right outta the box. very little trim was needed. I did the Robarts 3.5 upgrade, balanced plane with CG provided in manual with GEAR UP. I did not need extra weights, only those extra two supplied with plane. I used an Admiral 6000 50c, nestled into the motor mount in the firewall. Flew like a champ. I really appreciate the help some of you found the time to provide, It was all spot on.. Enjoy the video!!

https://youtu.be/o34qNcrbdnY
      Excellent maiden, perfect take-off and landing. Looks like this ain't your first rodeo!! Welcome to the FW Corsair club, the more you fly it, the more you'll love it, if that's even possible after that first perfect flight. Outstanding weather for a maiden, sunny, cool and looked like it was dead calm. Great looking field, looked like the scenery east of Orlando and west of the Cape, or maybe around Ft. Pierce. I really like the repaint you did, the light blue really makes it stand out. One quick question, on the video at the end of the flight, looked like your prop was slowly turning clockwise, in the wrong direction. Since it seemed there was no wind at all, what's up with that?
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Excellent maiden, perfect take-off and landing. Looks like this ain't your first rodeo!! Welcome to the FW Corsair club, the more you fly it, the more you'll love it, if that's even possible after that first perfect flight. Outstanding weather for a maiden, sunny, cool and looked like it was dead calm. Great looking field, looked like the scenery east of Orlando and west of the Cape, or maybe around Ft. Pierce. I really like the repaint you did, the light blue really makes it stand out. One quick question, on the video at the end of the flight, looked like your prop was slowly turning clockwise, in the wrong direction. Since it seemed there was no wind at all, what's up with that?
        Lol, now that you mentioned it, I have no idea. I've just always read about leaving the prop spinning slowing to keep the scale aspect in play. However, I can't say that was the wind, it was very calm early this am..I'll see if I can replicate that next outing.. It was filmed in Sebastian, Rc Air Masters field.. Also thank you for the kind words, If not for those before me and their postings, this maiden would have been much more eventful for sure! This board is definitely doing its job!!!

Comment

• i'm super happy with how this came out. 2nd plane I've weathered. 1st was the venerable A-10 80mm..I really like this scheme. I am trying to blacksmith some larger rivets oblong to imitate the gun shrouds on the face of the wing. Complicated business, as agreat man once said lol. Thank you for looking..FLoggers Corsair

Comment

Lol, now that you mentioned it, I have no idea. I've just always read about leaving the prop spinning slowing to keep the scale aspect in play. However, I can't say that was the wind, it was very calm early this am.
            I get what you mean on leaving it spinning slowly to keep the scale look, I do that as well with mine since it has the sound system in, set the trim so it is barely spinning without shutting the sound off. Then when I engage my throttle cut switch, the prop slows down to nothing as the system goes through it's shut down system sound. But what I was referring to was after that, right at the end when you dropped the throttle to 0, the prop stopped spinning, then started to slowly rotate in reverse, and kept rotating. Maybe that's the "mirage" one gets on videos that with a spinning prop it actually looks like it is going the opposite direction.
            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
            Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hello squawk team looking 4 a bit more advice. !,, I broke 2 prop blades on Sunday.,,,, bad approach and attempted go around but to late daaaa.... no other damage yeeha

So post crap landing i noticed the black plate on the back of the motor is bent,, its difficult to tell if its from braking the blades or is it 4 the angle
              The prop is meant to have???. My guess its bent ....one last question I have flown maybe 2 or 300 sorties,, still no zeeks to b seen........ but the electric motor does not have the same clicky or ratchety feeling all my new motors have..... has good power still but maybe not the . Same as new.... so question is do they wear out ? How do u no.? Or for the price just replace it....?.. thanx guys here is pic of plate Click image for larger version

Name:	16104357554253054657962923921666.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	294174Click image for larger version

Name:	16104358828446044074245349224550.jpg
Views:	603
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	294173 see the bend marks othe pic a side view

Attached Files

Comment

• That metal plate should be perfectly flat. I believe it got bent from the force applied to the prop assembly that made the blades snap off. You should get a new plate. Every time you have a prop strike, there is a chance that the motor shaft can also get bent. Aside from normal wear and tear of the motor shaft bearings, blade hits that can cause bent shaft that can accelerate the wear and tear of the bearings. You can replace bearings and motor shafts if you can find the proper parts for that motor. Sometimes, it’s just cheaper and easier to buy a new motor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman

Yah, but does it come with a prop or an EDF? Doesn't look too aerodynamic to me!
                  That’s just plain SPAM! I think fairly soon, that post will be removed and the user banned. It has nothing to do with our hobby.

Comment

• U the man viper da u ever sleep.... na like me ...I wake about 3 am every morning just int time to watch James on my sat morning (early) thanx funny thing i posted on future video about prop angle,,,, have thought since I tip stalled it the prop angle was excessive .. compared to new ..... so may have happened then..... I haattee spam

Comment

i'm super happy with how this came out. 2nd plane I've weathered. 1st was the venerable A-10 80mm..I really like this scheme. I am trying to blacksmith some larger rivets oblong to imitate the gun shrouds on the face of the wing. Complicated business, as agreat man once said lol. Thank you for looking..FLoggers Corsair
                      The detail looks awesome im not a fan of tricolour scheme (watched to much baa ba black sheep ..... but as in life detail matter's very welldone and sorry got sidetracked on my problem we r uuuuppsidedown

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

I get what you mean on leaving it spinning slowly to keep the scale look, I do that as well with mine since it has the sound system in, set the trim so it is barely spinning without shutting the sound off. Then when I engage my throttle cut switch, the prop slows down to nothing as the system goes through it's shut down system sound. But what I was referring to was after that, right at the end when you dropped the throttle to 0, the prop stopped spinning, then started to slowly rotate in reverse, and kept rotating. Maybe that's the "mirage" one gets on videos that with a spinning prop it actually looks like it is going the opposite direction.
                        Yeah I noticed that. It definitely looks like it came to a stop and began spinning the opposite way..We are not both seeing things lol..It has to be some form of camera trickery.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                          U the man viper da u ever sleep.... na like me ...I wake about 3 am every morning just int time to watch James on my sat morning (early) thanx funny thing i posted on future video about prop angle,,,, have thought since I tip stalled it the prop angle was excessive .. compared to new ..... so may have happened then..... I haattee spam
                          Hehe, according to the time stamp, I posted that at 12:37am. I don't sleep well at night. I tend to stay up till about 1am. My nearly 20 years with the Fire Dept. got me used to taking long afternoon naps, so continuing that habit makes night sleep weird. I'm used to it now and I don't seem to be suffering much from it.

Once you get the prop assembly fixed, do a static bench test. Run it up to speed in a safe place and feel for any vibration in the cowl. These "giant" props don't tolerate much imbalance and can explode, leaving a trail of destruction. Make sure you've got nothing all around the prop as it spins. If it goes, anything in its path will get harmed. A broken blade can travel quite a long distance. My last incident with the FMS Corsair happened in the air. I came back with a garbage bag full of foam.

Comment

• Thanx viper i am never in its line of fire testing potentially deadly

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                              Hehe, according to the time stamp, I posted that at 12:37am. I don't sleep well at night. I tend to stay up till about 1am. My nearly 20 years with the Fire Dept. got me used to taking long afternoon naps, so continuing that habit makes night sleep weird. I'm used to it now and I don't seem to be suffering much from it.

Once you get the prop assembly fixed, do a static bench test. Run it up to speed in a safe place and feel for any vibration in the cowl. These "giant" props don't tolerate much imbalance and can explode, leaving a trail of destruction. Make sure you've got nothing all around the prop as it spins. If it goes, anything in its path will get harmed. A broken blade can travel quite a long distance. My last incident with the FMS Corsair happened in the air. I came back with a garbage bag full of foam.
                              a buddy just finished a foam he163, and having flow two, he wanted me to check it out. I came and saw and all was good then before I left he wanted to show me how the hot motor turned up the fan. I started for the stairs to go out side. he said oh no right here is fine. I said lets take it out side, he had it fired up.I watched one of those plastic bags, our governor does not allow in the state, from the other side of the garage float to the top of the ceiling catty corner to us. I pointed it out to him (behind his back), he blew it off and went back to reefing on this new motor. when all of a sudden it b lined for the intake and the bag came to rest sticking out of both sides of the nacelle.

I laughed so hard and could not stop! cause he got exactly what he deserved for doing something so ……. he wound up removing the ducted fan to cut the bag free only to find it had removed all the impellers. they just dropped on the floor as he pulled the bag through the nacelle. that's where I left, but later it showed up at the field with a new motor, esc, impeller and it flew just like a he163 and was sold soon after.

thanks for reminding me of that, its like watching a road runner cartoon on what not to do.

Joe
                              Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• About done with my bird. Just a few cockpit mods to do and proably robart tires and wheels. Great flying bird, about 5 flights so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark102 View Post
                                  About done with my bird. Just a few cockpit mods to do and proably robart tires and wheels. Great flying bird, about 5 flights so far.
                                  WOW, outstanding details on the weathering and rivets and the armament sure looks nefarious (send me a set when you have a chance ). Great looking bird, I love it, but then I've never seen a Corsair that I didn't love. Definitely go for the Robarts, you'll be glad you did. Since your bird is so realistic looking, you may want to also consider a sound system. Just sayin, you might as well go all in as you're already there!
                                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Well done and welcome Shark102 ! Looooves me a dirty Corsair!
                                    My YouTube RC videos:
                                    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• More of the most recent pics.. just gotta tone down the yellow/green primer areas a bit. But I’m liking it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark102 View Post
                                        About done with my bird. Just a few cockpit mods to do and proably robart tires and wheels. Great flying bird, about 5 flights so far.
                                        That’s very nice! I get excited just putting a set of Callie’s graphics on a plane. Some of you guys are just amazing modelers!

Comment

Working...
                                        X