Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I had to add one to my War Bird Hangar. I received one today late. I just could not wait to start assembling it. I ordered the F4U-1A/D with the Bird cage Canopy Love the Scale Details. Definitely going to have to do the weathering on it I also Ordered a set of Callie graphics for it and the Instrument panel too from Callie graphics

Click image for larger version

Name:	U43.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	295759Click image for larger version

Name:	U47.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	295760

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark102 View Post
      More of the most recent pics.. just gotta tone down the yellow/green primer areas a bit. But I’m liking it.
      Awesome pics as aros i love nothing better than a dirtied up war torn f4u great pics been flying mine long enough gota get me some ordinance welcome to the squawk team

Comment

• Originally posted by Shark102 View Post
        About done with my bird.
        S1, Absolutely fabulous build. Great details and diggin' the ordinance package. Best, LB
        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• A gloomy day here in Ohio, but I have this to look forward to when it warms up. Tried to keep it simple. Did the three color paint scheme, fantastic decals from Callie, sealed it all with Testors dull coat. I may try some weathering at some point. Can’t wait until springtime!

Click image for larger version

Name:	4C3C8798-EFD5-4734-84BE-69BCA89518F1.jpeg
Views:	771
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	296446Click image for larger version

Name:	4CD3EE75-7ED3-4C41-BDED-D909BDC86325.jpeg
Views:	729
Size:	281.7 KB
ID:	296447

Comment

• Love it! Great work on the paint job and I love the basic scheme. Looks excellent...Even before the obligatory weathering.
            My YouTube RC videos:
            https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by EA-6B Geek View Post
              A gloomy day here in Ohio, Can’t wait until springtime!
              E6, Bravo Zulu, Sir. She's a beauty. Best, LB
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Thank you gentlemen. Still looking forward to seeing your LB.

Comment

Thank you gentlemen. Still looking forward to seeing your LB.
                  E6, yeah, me too. I have a couple of items left on the Hornet, then it's on to the "Bent-Wing Bird". I found an unusual livery I like, so that's half the battle, right?! Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

E6, yeah, me too. I have a couple of items left on the Hornet, then it's on to the "Bent-Wing Bird". I found an unusual livery I like, so that's half the battle, right?! Best, LB
                    Yes, knowing where you’re going adds some focus. Are you going to let us in on your livery choice? 😁

Comment

Are you going to let us in on your livery choice? 😁
                      Aces & eights...
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Aces & eights...
                        Do I detect a somewhat common theme here, with your Hornet being The Black Aces? Remind me to never play poker with you, seems you've got loads of Aces up your sleeve! Can't wait to see the final product, just hope it happens before I end up in a nursing home.
                        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Elbee
                          Elbee commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Funny....Bravo Zulu. Though you can't rush a classic and peer pressure can be 'dealt' with if you have the right club.

• Has anyone ordered a Motion RC plane and had it delivered to New Zealand or Australia lately? Just wondering how long delivery would be if I ordered the Corsair. I am aware due to COVID deliveries are taking longer than usual.

Comment

• My stuff from motion comes in 8 to ten days plane or parts I do FedEx only ,,,, if u do a shipping quote it will give u an estimated time for arrival ,,,, never been late.... I'm in Melbourne Australia .... hit that crazy button... u will love this corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
                            My stuff from motion comes in 8 to ten days plane or parts I do FedEx only ,,,, if u do a shipping quote it will give u an estimated time for arrival ,,,, never been late.... I'm in Melbourne Australia .... hit that crazy button... u will love this corsair
                            Good to know. I checked the shipping cost to New Zealand ... only option is $235 FedEx Economy International. WOW that is more than half the cost of the plane !!! That makes total cost $674 USD. That's a lot of money. RC Castle in Hong Kong offer surface shipping for $60 USD but that will take 45-65 days. Decisions decisions

Comment

• At the time ,, bout 18 months , mine was about 850 AUS DOLLARS now I think with the dollar it's about750... but I'm sure our min wage is more.. so horses 4 courses click that button... there is a new Zealand scheme,, not the best,, but that's not the point

Comment

• Originally posted by RodgerC View Post
                                RC Castle in Hong Kong offer surface shipping for $60 USD but that will take 45-65 days.
                                What about paying the higher shipping charges? How much is that and what's the shipping time? When I buy something from RC C, I always get 2 options for shipping. One is the basic one that takes a couple of months and then there's the higher priced shipping that takes about 2 weeks.

Comment

• There is also aliexpres.. a squarker. Got a 1500 p51 fms. A while ago... a fline spit was 100 bucks cheaper.... Not sure about. Secuity. Did not find the f4u. Any cheaper... Mayb more popular. If u get one we would luv t c it

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                    What about paying the higher shipping charges? How much is that and what's the shipping time? When I buy something from RC C, I always get 2 options for shipping. One is the basic one that takes a couple of months and then there's the higher priced shipping that takes about 2 weeks.
                                    They only offer surface shipping at the moment to NZ. I emailed them and Air Shipping is currently prohibited from HK to NZ due to COVID.

Comment

• Hi All, My Corsair should arrive in a few days. Couple questions: Is the 3DPUP instrument panel available for purchase from Motion RC (all I could find was the file) ? If not, what is the best way to acquire one ?

Thanks. Bob

Comment

• BB, the STL files are provided to us to 'have' the parts 3DP printed. There are services available (The RC Geek comes to mind) or if you have access to a buddy with a 3DP printer who could print those for you. Additionally, Callie Graphics has the gauges in photo form that were printed to match the 3DP print of the instrument panel perfectly. Best, LB
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                        X