X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    Corsair Consortium, Finally have a Pilot Seat & Seat Mount that is closer to looking right. I want to thank Beeg for his support in helping me get the scale dimensions a bit closer, too. Next on to the Side Console IPs. More when there is more. Best, LB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0681.JPG
Views:	732
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	311011

Name:	IMG_0684.JPG
Views:	712
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	311012
    Looks great brother, I got my corsair in the truck going to the field tomorrow for the maiden.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
      Last night I ordered the bubbletop version. Finally replacing the old dynam. Was eyeballing this for a year, and finally went for it.
      I to had a dynam f4u 4 my first..... great plane with a 650 kv ,, crap gear.. way wors than the fline 1600... im sure u already no this but the fline f4u is 10 times a better flyer than the dynam .. heavier etc.. the main thing i noticed was the construction difference.. and the ease of maintenence if reg... u will also have seen a difference in landing technique,, on this forum.... however u land it ,, one thing 4 sure u will grow to luv this famous plane... this is first plane in back of my truck when flying .... enjoy

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
        Got 5 flights in on each of 4 birds today including my Corsair. Every time I fly it, I just can't believe how well it flies and lands (at 40% throttle, extra full flaps). Had 10 mph shifting winds, mostly cross winds, and it handled it with ease. Flight Line definitely has the 1600mm prop warbirds dialed in, with ample power and 8 minute flight times on a 5000 mah battery (10 minutes for the Spitfire). What more can you ask for! I have the MR RC sound system in programmed for the double wasp sound and love it. Time for a 1600mm FL nemesis aircraft for these 2!!!!

Name:	20210426_092027.jpg
Views:	769
Size:	315.5 KB
ID:	310487Click image for larger version

Name:	Corsair Cropped.jpeg
Views:	698
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	310488
        Time 4 a nemisis here bloody here

Comment

• Man this F4U flys like a dream. Smooth as silk and worth every penny

Comment

Man this F4U flys like a dream. Smooth as silk and worth every penny
            Congrats, RM, couldn't be happier for you, Brother. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Man this F4U flys like a dream. Smooth as silk and worth every penny
              Great Looking Corsair Mr. Chuck Conners, whoops, meant rifleman! (Hope you're not too young for the reference, as no doubt some are here) She looks outstanding, but then I've never met a Corsair that didn't! At least this particular one does fly just as good as it looks!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Great Looking Corsair Mr. Chuck Conners, whoops, meant rifleman! (Hope you're not too young for the reference, as no doubt some are here) She looks outstanding, but then I've never met a Corsair that didn't! At least this particular one does fly just as good as it looks!
                I gotcha, and thank you, and thank you LB as well, I can see a long beautiful life with this bird

Comment

• Does anyone know which of the wing wires is the landing gear and which is the servos that operate the gear doors? I'm talking about the small computer board they attach to. It's difficult to reach what I need and I don't want to pull out wires needlessly. Hoping someone that has replaced their landing gear can point out the right leads. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arycon View Post
                    Does anyone know which of the wing wires is the landing gear and which is the servos that operate the gear doors? I'm talking about the small computer board they attach to. It's difficult to reach what I need and I don't want to pull out wires needlessly. Hoping someone that has replaced their landing gear can point out the right leads. Thanks.
                    When I get home tonight I'll post a photo showing which lead is the gear, unless someone else beats me to the punch. It's the 3rd one in from the front if I remember, but the photo will show it clearly. I marked the top of the servo lead with silver marker a while ago when I used to replace them "regularly ". 🤣
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Does anyone know which of the wing wires is the landing gear and which is the servos that operate the gear doors? I'm talking about the small computer board they attach to. It's difficult to reach what I need and I don't want to pull out wires needlessly. Hoping someone that has replaced their landing gear can point out the right leads. Thanks.
                      OK, I was off by one spot. The gear servo wires plug in smack dab in the middle, surrounded with 3 plugs each fore and aft on the left wing. Same on the right, however, the furthest forward pin does not have anything plugged into it, so there's only 2 plugged in forward of it (but still 3 pins overall). You may want to remove a little foam behind where they plug in, as I did, so you can get at them and the wires a little easier. Also, you may have to pull some of the wire out a bit (without unplugging anything) as the extra length of the wires in jammed back in there and by pulling the "extra" wire out, you can straighten them a bit (and it will "unclog" the area some) and it will be easier to pull the old out and pull through the new servo/retract wire. Also, you will have to remove the gear door servos because the retract wire runs directly underneath it, through some small slots, and it will be much easier getting the old out and the new one in. I'd mark the plug again for future reference, as although I replaced retracts regularly when I first got this, since then I've got over 100 landings without a problem. However, noticed last time out they both were kind of wonky and jittery so decided to replace both as a "regular maintenance" item. All the landing pressure is solely on the retract worm screw and it wears down eventually, even with decent 2 wheel landings.

In the photo, left is left and top is forward, bottom aft.

Name:	20210505_143042.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	311568
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

When all else fails ............................ servo tester.

Comment

• My plane had a couple of springs in the packing, what were those for? To change the spring rate on the main struts?

Comment

My plane had a couple of springs in the packing, what were those for? To change the spring rate on the main struts?
                            I didn't get those way back when it first came out, but could it be the small springs that hold the gear door on the front of the main struts? Those are the only other springs I can think of, aside from those in the main gear struts. Those springs for the door are very lite duty, so guessing the springs you found are a little more heavy duty if they look like they might be springs in the suspension struts!
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

My plane had a couple of springs in the packing, what were those for? To change the spring rate on the main struts?
                              Must be. Are they strut diameter size? Or smaller, like door spring size? I don't recall seeing any when I got mine but that was quite some time ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                                When all else fails ............................ servo tester.
                                Great point! I always tend toward the most obscure solution, so would have never thought of that.
                                Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Great point! I always tend toward the most obscure solution, so would have never thought of that.
                                  A little off topic but I've been having to deal with dead retracts on my FMS Corsair and the wing connectors look the same as the ones on my Flightline Corsair. That servo tester is fresh on my mind and man, it was a life saver when trying to figure out all that wiring. Oddly enough, with all the posts about bad retracts on the FL Corsair, mine has been bulletproof and the whole plane has been working perfectly since new. (Now I've done it. Things are going to start falling apart.)

Comment

• Yeah these look like strut springs to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
                                      Corsair Consortium, Finally have a Pilot Seat & Seat Mount that is closer to looking right. I want to thank Beeg for his support in helping me get the scale dimensions a bit closer, too. Next on to the Side Console IPs. More when there is more. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0681.JPG
Views:	732
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	311011

Name:	IMG_0684.JPG
Views:	712
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	311012
                                      Nicely done LB!
                                      I should just send my Corsair to you and have it completely outfitted :)
                                      Rich

PS couldn’t afford you though

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
                                        Nicely done LB. I should just send my Corsair to you and have it completely outfitted :)Rich PS couldn’t afford you though
                                        Rich, You know I work cheaply; however, it could be a year before I could get to it. Best, Steve
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Yeah these look like strut springs to me.
                                          Definitely strut springs!
                                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Working...
                                          X