Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Definitely strut springs!
    Indeed, I wonder what they are in the package for, the struts had springs in them already. Just was odd to see them in the hardware bag.

Comment

• If I have issues with retracts and considering our field and the discussion here I think these would be a great replacement,, #815RS 100 deg Rotating Pneumatic Retract by Robart.#815RS 100 deg Rotating Pneumatic Retract – Robart Manufacturing

Not cheap but I have the model 550 85degree and they are nice. I bet the rotating 815 which is the same series are just as nice. Anyone thought about adding beefy air retracts to this model and not have to worry about retract failure. I am a fan of good air retracts. Thank you

Comment

• Not a fan of air retracts but those electric ones are interesting. However, they cost more than 1/2 the price of my FMS Corsair. On the other hand, the stock retracts cost almost 100 bucks, so paying 2.5 times that and never having to worry about them again might be a consideration.

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
          When all else fails ............................ servo tester.
          You're right there. I ended up going that route. Needed it anyway to cycle gear and gear doors to make sure everything was working like stock and retracted. Not a complicated process, but would have been nice if they made a little more room to access the wires. I ended up using my T-33 Shooting Star wire to run the servo wires through the wing. It worked like a charm. I appreciate the help, guys. I just hope this doesn't become a common problem. I plan on landing on the street from now on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arycon View Post
            but would have been nice if they made a little more room to access the wires.
            It is tight in there. I bought a complete set of different sizes of hemostats from Amazon. (Have you ever gotten into model railroading? Talk about tiny, little things to manipulate.)

Comment

• The Flightline Corsair was the first model I purchased when I got back into the hobby a few years ago. Now after hundreds of flights I’ve decided to pay tribute to the first Corsair, the XF4U-1. Still waiting on Callie for graphics but making good progress.

Comment

• Lookin' good!
                My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
                  The Flightline Corsair was the first model I purchased when I got back into the hobby a few years ago. Now after hundreds of flights I’ve decided to pay tribute to the first Corsair, the XF4U-1. Still waiting on Callie for graphics but making good progress.
                  WOW, can't wait to see the finished product. You definitely pick some of the best liveries and do them so well, like your Mig! What else do you have in your hangar?
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

The Flightline Corsair was the first model I purchased when I got back into the hobby a few years ago. Now after hundreds of flights I’ve decided to pay tribute to the first Corsair, the XF4U-1. Still waiting on Callie for graphics but making good progress.
                    That’s cool! I love stuff like that.

Comment

S2, What a great idea. Looking good, Sir. Best, LB
                      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

WOW, can't wait to see the finished product. You definitely pick some of the best liveries and do them so well, like your Mig! What else do you have in your hangar?
                        Thanks for the kind words. The Gripen and F-22 are both running 8S.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. The Gripen and F-22 are both running 8S.
                          Love that Gripen Arctic job, now that's what I'm talking about! Not crazy about the stock version, but yours is a home run!
                          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Love that Gripen Arctic job, now that's what I'm talking about! Not crazy about the stock version, but yours is a home run!
                            I’m Swedish heritage. Had to pay tribute to the homeland 🇸🇪

Comment

• Does anyone know the square area of the corsair wing??? All they give you in the manual is the wing loading (98g/dm). thank you jack

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0365.JPEG
Views:	495
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	312499 I used to have one of these beauties, but unfortunately it went in a few years ago, not exactly sure why, now. But today, I decided to pull the trigger and buy one of the F4U-1A (bubbletop) Flightline Corsairs to fly again at my home field. I think I'll use the same paint scheme as I had last time, to honor Lt. Robert M. "Killer Bob" Hanson, USMC. He was the top ace in the Corsair aircraft with 25 kills. I'll attach a couple pics of my late plane, sigh!, but hopes for better times again with a new one!

davegee Click image for larger version  Name:	images.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.5 KB ID:	312497Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0360.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	237.2 KB ID:	312498

Comment

OK, I was off by one spot. The gear servo wires plug in smack dab in the middle, surrounded with 3 plugs each fore and aft on the left wing. Same on the right, however, the furthest forward pin does not have anything plugged into it, so there's only 2 plugged in forward of it (but still 3 pins overall). You may want to remove a little foam behind where they plug in, as I did, so you can get at them and the wires a little easier. Also, you may have to pull some of the wire out a bit (without unplugging anything) as the extra length of the wires in jammed back in there and by pulling the "extra" wire out, you can straighten them a bit (and it will "unclog" the area some) and it will be easier to pull the old out and pull through the new servo/retract wire. Also, you will have to remove the gear door servos because the retract wire runs directly underneath it, through some small slots, and it will be much easier getting the old out and the new one in. I'd mark the plug again for future reference, as although I replaced retracts regularly when I first got this, since then I've got over 100 landings without a problem. However, noticed last time out they both were kind of wonky and jittery so decided to replace both as a "regular maintenance" item. All the landing pressure is solely on the retract worm screw and it wears down eventually, even with decent 2 wheel landings.

In the photo, left is left and top is forward, bottom aft.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20210505_143042.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	229.8 KB
ID:	311568
                                  After reading "Wildman"s post, I finally decided to tackle the issue of my left main gear which has been stuttering when deploying but smooth retracting. The design makes the job more difficult than it should be. Removing the retract and the gear door servos was easy enough, but disconnecting the gear servo wire plug and fishing the wire and plug back through the wing to the retract was a PIA. After removal, inspection of the retract revealed the case was cracked. I installed a new retract and again, fishing the wire/plug through the wing to the connector board was the most difficult part. In any event, the new retract works smoothly both deploying and retracting as it should. All's well that ends well. Thanks for the inspiration "Wildman".

Comment

• Originally posted by ICM View Post

After reading "Wildman"s post, I finally decided to tackle the issue of my left main gear which has been stuttering when deploying but smooth retracting. The design makes the job more difficult than it should be. Removing the retract and the gear door servos was easy enough, but disconnecting the gear servo wire plug and fishing the wire and plug back through the wing to the retract was a PIA. After removal, inspection of the retract revealed the case was cracked. I installed a new retract and again, fishing the wire/plug through the wing to the connector board was the most difficult part. In any event, the new retract works smoothly both deploying and retracting as it should. All's well that ends well. Thanks for the inspiration "Wildman".
                                    I've found that if you tie a small, strong, string to the plug, then pull out the servo/retract that you are replacing, you can tie the new plug with that same wire and pull it back through. Kind of like electricians do with conduit so they can pull new electrical wire through it. It's a lot easier than running a wire with a loop on the end because the end always gets stuck or grabs other wires along the way. Took me no time at all to get the wire through and made it to replace the Corsair retracts, but then I've had a good bit of practice at it!
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

I've found that if you tie a small, strong, string to the plug, then pull out the servo/retract that you are replacing, you can tie the new plug with that same wire and pull it back through. Kind of like electricians do with conduit so they can pull new electrical wire through it. It's a lot easier than running a wire with a loop on the end because the end always gets stuck or grabs other wires along the way. Took me no time at all to get the wire through and made it to replace the Corsair retracts, but then I've had a good bit of practice at it!
                                      I do that very thing when I have a servo or retract replacement.

Comment

• I used thin fishing line but the plug kept getting stuck. Finally put tape on the edges of the plug narrowing down to the wire creating a beveled edge which didn't catch as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
                                          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0365.JPEG
Views:	495
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	312499 I used to have one of these beauties, but unfortunately it went in a few years ago, not exactly sure why, now. But today, I decided to pull the trigger and buy one of the F4U-1A (bubbletop) Flightline Corsairs to fly again at my home field. I think I'll use the same paint scheme as I had last time, to honor Lt. Robert M. "Killer Bob" Hanson, USMC. He was the top ace in the Corsair aircraft with 25 kills. I'll attach a couple pics of my late plane, sigh!, but hopes for better times again with a new one!

davegee Click image for larger version Name:	images.jpg Views:	0 Size:	11.5 KB ID:	312497Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_0360.JPEG Views:	0 Size:	237.2 KB ID:	312498
                                          I had to do double takes I thought that was full scale! Outstanding! Man I can feel your pain on losing her. So sorry to hear that.
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X