Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, Aros. Happens to the best of us, sometimes. It did fly and land great, especially after I changed out the stock main wheels for the 3.5" Robarts. It really helped "stick" the landings!
    My new plane will hopefully look just like this one, maybe add some extra detailing. I did add little bits like the trim tab and balance tab rods that you can barely see on the horizontal stab/elevator in the picture. I like messing with little details like that, although most of them go unnoticed by others.

Comment

• Those "little details" may be missed by some but us Corsair Comrades certainly don't. Way cool added scale touches!
      My YouTube RC videos:
      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
        Those "little details" may be missed by some but us Corsair Comrades certainly don't. Way cool added scale touches!
        There was no doubt that people like you would appreciate details like that! Thank you for noticing.

I probably added them to demonstrate the genius of Chance Vought and his team of engineers who designed the horiz. stab/elevator assemblies to be totally interchangeable (L or R side of the fuse). You can see even on the model that on one stab unit, you'll see the circular inspection panels on the top of the stab, and the other side they are on the bottom. Came in pretty handy when shipping these parts to remote parts of the world like the South Pacific where they would appreciate just one unit fits for both sides!!

Lots of other equally impressive headwork designs demonstrated by the Vought team of engineers!!

davegee

Comment

• Originally posted by Aros View Post
          Those "little details" may be missed by some but us Corsair Comrades certainly don't. Way cool added scale touches!
          My favorite Corsair landing photos, not quite as good as hitting a 3 pointer like you did with the F-16, but close. At least I got this part of flying the Corsair "scale" down pat.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C4-rfVGXAAA7NI9.jpg Views:	0 Size:	101.8 KB ID:	312705Click image for larger version  Name:	F4U.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	100.9 KB ID:	312707Click image for larger version  Name:	sPsCiBEVBBchz3XBYfE-q4Y9fsDYQLlXg9Kl4Po15bE.jpg Views:	0 Size:	129.3 KB ID:	312706
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• been away 4 a bit guys,,,.. awsome pics and 3 d printed stuff goin on.... been thinkin bout a down mix at full flaps 4 landing,, wana get better at the 2 wheel landings..... have been dumb ar?.s with radio programming.... think ive got it down now.... question is how much down at full flaps.. in mm please im think8n a couple hope i dont tip stall it again ,,, gota keep some power coming in...

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post
              been away 4 a bit guys,,,.. awsome pics and 3 d printed stuff goin on.... been thinkin bout a down mix at full flaps 4 landing,, wana get better at the 2 wheel landings..... have been dumb ar?.s with radio programming.... think ive got it down now.... question is how much down at full flaps.. in mm please im think8n a couple hope i dont tip stall it again ,,, gota keep some power coming in...
              At the risk of sounding like a broken record, try using Flight Modes (definitely available on a Spektrum TX-but not sure about others) to make trimming elevator with flaps so much easier instead of programming a mix. Still set your expected elevator compensations in the Flap System settings, but by enabling Flight Modes, you can fine tune the trim while in flight for each flap settings for whatever air speed you want and whatever attitude you want the plane to be at. These trims remain for each specific flap positions without having to guess on a mix. For a quick set-up guide go to my post in the Official F-18 Hornet thread and go to post #4951. Takes about 30 seconds to set up the TX, then one flight to trim exactly the way you want it. And of course you can always fine tune it or change it "on the fly". One of the top 3 TX programming tools, IMO, if you are flying an aircraft with flaps (or even flaperons)!
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Hope to maiden mine this weekend .... all I have left to do is balance it. When using a 6S 6000 mah pack, are any of the weights still needed in the cowling ?

Thanks. Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by Balsa Bob View Post
                  Hope to maiden mine this weekend .... all I have left to do is balance it. When using a 6S 6000 mah pack, are any of the weights still needed in the cowling ?

Thanks. Bob
                  4 me zippy 6200 2 weights and battery all forward .. i think its 830 grams

Comment

• How to make these feel really small! But man this was such an awesome day at round top today. Some absolutely beautiful planes! PS mine is center left. In the pic obviously, the smallest plane in the pic. Lol

Comment

• Wow warbird heavan.. value 4 the doller that small little foamie in the middle packs an awsome punch

Comment

• Yes indeed!

Comment

• Cool pic!

Sign me up for a 2000mm version someday, PLEEEEEASE!!!
                          My YouTube RC videos:
                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Anyone tell me what compensation I will need for 20mm of flaps.Not sure how much elevator compensation I will need for 20mm of flaps on landing and if I will need up or down compention on the elevator?

Comment

• Do a search on this thread for "flap elevator mix". Most say its not necessary. Some say it helps to avoid bouncing on landing and give specific settings.

Comment

• Elevator compensation depends on how you fly and how and at what time you deploy them. This plane will "balloon" (ie, go up) if you deploy flaps at too high an airspeed or too rapid deployment. If you wait for your plane to slow down first and deploying the flaps slowly (like on a real plane), no elevator compensation is required. You can easily deal with whatever (if any) ballooning that occurs. If in doubt and if you are one of those who slams the flaps down rapidly at high airspeed, then start with 10% for full flaps and go from there (higher or lower). Deploy them up high so you have time to un-deploy if the plane goes weird. You will likely find that with full flaps and ELE compensation, that as the plane slows down in preparation for touch down, that comp is unnecessary and will have to manually un-compensate for the compensation. This, plus too slow a landing speed (due to the flaps) has caused many a crappy landings (and/or crashes). Everyone is different as to when and how to deploy flaps, there is no set number. I use zero ELE comp.

Comment

• Thanks for your advice XVIPER. I will do that thanks again

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

4 me zippy 6200 2 weights and battery all forward .. i think its 830 grams
                                    Second this. I used a 6S 6000mah Admiral Pro pack. 2 weights. All the way forward

Comment

• Following up from last week, here’s my finished repaint of the XF4U-1 prototype Corsair, which first flew 29 May 1940. My Flightline Birdcage Corsair first flew May 2019 and has over 200 flights to date. Motion RC

Comment

• Mine is flying very well as is out of the box with 4000 mah packs

Comment

• Originally posted by Skosh25 View Post
                                          Following up from last week, here’s my finished repaint of the XF4U-1 prototype Corsair...
                                          S2, that is just so cool. Great repaint. Best, LB
                                          I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                          ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X