X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    Hey Y'all, Quick update on the canopy mod. I modified my rack base design after seeing a video on a reduction gear idea that gave 180 degree servo rotation by changing the potentiometer location and longer rotation. Though still primitive in comparison, it is quite efficient when mounted in the battery cover. It all works smoothly and is closer to CG than aft of the cockpit. I am still working on the canopy bow but getting closer to something that is near scale and still functional. More when there is more. Best, LB
    Excellent work, Elbee!!👍

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
      That's happened to several of my retracts on different planes, mostly very heavy, fast landing planes. It takes a very hard impact with something to do that. I highly doubt that just taxiing on bumpy grass will do it.
      Quite honestly, I'm really getting disgusted (pissed is more like it) with these flimsy cheap retracts! I've replaced several of them, and seems unless you make a perfect 9 or 10 landing, you will be ordering a new retract. Maybe that's why they are out of stock!. I've torn these apart more times than I can count, and it seems like the cam, trunnion, and worm screw are made from cheap Chinese pot metal. The plastic case needs to be a bit stronger also because they all crack just like in the picture. I've had other experienced warbird flyers at my club watch my landings, which may not have been picture perfect, but still pretty good, and they couldn't believe the retract could not handle it. Taking the left one apart again this afternoon... pretty pissed.

Comment

• Quick question: I’ve just received brand new - the prop shaft has a tilt to the left, came this way.

Not sure if designed like this or production error?

And if I fly with this tilt if it is a production error will it pull my plane to the left?

when prop is on the tilt is quite significant

appreciate any help.

thanks
        fin

Comment

• thats right thrust to combat p factor (torque) all is good
          Platt: fw190d9 Dynaflite:PT-19 IMP:Macchi202 ESM:fw190 ESM:Tank, Hien Jackson:DH-2 BH:macchi200 Extr:fw190 Holman:me109F H9spit2 FL:F4u,spit 9 FW:me262 GP:us60, Stuka, cub, F4u PZ:me109, albi EF Hurri, T-28 FMS: 2x fw190, me109 Lone Star:Skat Kat RSCombat:2xfw190d9

Comment

• Originally posted by Denniswpb View Post

Quite honestly, I'm really getting disgusted (pissed is more like it) with these flimsy cheap retracts! I've replaced several of them, and seems unless you make a perfect 9 or 10 landing, you will be ordering a new retract. Maybe that's why they are out of stock!. I've torn these apart more times than I can count, and it seems like the cam, trunnion, and worm screw are made from cheap Chinese pot metal. The plastic case needs to be a bit stronger also because they all crack just like in the picture. I've had other experienced warbird flyers at my club watch my landings, which may not have been picture perfect, but still pretty good, and they couldn't believe the retract could not handle it. Taking the left one apart again this afternoon... pretty pissed.
            Unfortunately I'm right there with you. I'm so so close to just ditching this bird due to how often the retracts break. Now they are out of stock and my only option is to purchase a complete landing gear part. IF I repair this plane again it will almost certainly be the last time.

Anyone know if the standalone retract units are going to be back in stock any time soon???

Comment

• Originally posted by GooberRC View Post

Unfortunately I'm right there with you. I'm so so close to just ditching this bird due to how often the retracts break. Now they are out of stock and my only option is to purchase a complete landing gear part. IF I repair this plane again it will almost certainly be the last time.

Anyone know if the standalone retract units are going to be back in stock any time soon???
              Hate to say this, but it's all in the landing technique. If you try to "flop" it in with some kind of a three point landing, they will break. Virtually every other warbird, like the P-51 or Spitfire, the gear can take a flopped in landing, but not the Corsair. All the landing pressure is directly on the worm screw alone since the retracts rotate. The only way you can land this one is with speed on a perfectly level orientation with just the 2 mains softly touching and then let in slow down and settle on the tail. I come in with full flaps, and only reduce the throttle to just under 40% and inch it down until the mains are on the ground, then reduce throttle to zero. When I first got this plane, I must have crushed about 5 or 6 retracts trying to flop it in or do a 3 pointer (or with just some fairly crappy landings). Since "learning" how to land it "scale" like, not a single issue with the retracts with over 125 flights and counting.
              Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
              Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Just wondering if these FMS retracts will work. Anything is better that the cheap Flightline ones!
                Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Denniswpb View Post
                  Just wondering if these FMS retracts will work. Anything is better that the cheap Flightline ones!
                  Take a look at the hole spacing. Unless you are willing to make an adapter plate out of plywood, those won't work. Even with an adapter, you'll be pulling your hairs out.

Comment

• Hello,

I’m currently setting up my Corsair with a Futaba T6K receiver (instructions all German)

ive set everything up as I think it should be and when I power up it just keeps beeping - does anyone have any ideas what this may be because of?

Comment

• Originally posted by fin121 View Post
                      Hello,

I’m currently setting up my Corsair with a Futaba T6K receiver (instructions all German)

ive set everything up as I think it should be and when I power up it just keeps beeping - does anyone have any ideas what this may be because of?
                      Check throttle position (low) and see if throttle reverse (servo menu) is necessary for Futaba. (Take the prop off first.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post

Hate to say this, but it's all in the landing technique. If you try to "flop" it in with some kind of a three point landing, they will break. Virtually every other warbird, like the P-51 or Spitfire, the gear can take a flopped in landing, but not the Corsair. All the landing pressure is directly on the worm screw alone since the retracts rotate. The only way you can land this one is with speed on a perfectly level orientation with just the 2 mains softly touching and then let in slow down and settle on the tail. I come in with full flaps, and only reduce the throttle to just under 40% and inch it down until the mains are on the ground, then reduce throttle to zero. When I first got this plane, I must have crushed about 5 or 6 retracts trying to flop it in or do a 3 pointer (or with just some fairly crappy landings). Since "learning" how to land it "scale" like, not a single issue with the retracts with over 125 flights and counting.
                        I have to agree with Hugh. I'm certainly sensitive to the breaking of these retracts, I've definitely had to replace a bunch in the past. My most recent one was on the Corsair, where one of the main wheels went sailing off the axle near the end of the landing roll, which left the bottom of the strut to scrape some on the hard surfaced runway. It still would retract afterwards, but was a very labored retract cycle, and I knew it was done for. Upon closer inspection, there was a hairline crack in the plastic retract housing, and I had to replace it.

I also agree with Hugh about getting proficient with these taildragger warbirds to land in a two-point, tail low attitude, as their big brothers did. And when I have flopped one on in a three-point, usually some sort of damage occurred. Did that last night with my Freewing P-47D, where I got an unexpected bounce on a two point landing, tried to salvage the landing with a three point, and loosened up the plastic mount on one of the main landing gear. Was able to squeeze some Gorilla glue in there and clamp it, and I think it will be ok. But the planes I do have like the P-47, a 1600mm Spitfire, the Corsair, and an E-Flite P-51D, I have learned to get pretty consistent with the wheel landings to try and save the retracts. But it doesn't always work, and I end up having to replace them, too. I wish they were a stronger material, too, but I don't see any design changes coming up for them anytime soon.

Cheers

davegee

Comment

• Hi Guys,

im having a difficult time linking my receiver to my transmitter. I have a Futaba T6K controller and R3006SB receiver

Could anyone give me some advice on:
                          - what connection I need to connect battery to receiver to power it?

any other things I need to know to get it linked?

thanks

Comment

• The battery connects to the reciever through the esc in the plane. Do not connect a 22 volt battery directly to the reciever or you will absolutely blow it. The esc has a voltage regulator that only allows 5-6 volts to pass to the reciever for power. If you want to power the reciever outside the plane you need a li-fe 6.6 volt or a nimh 4.8-6volt pack that can plug into any servo port on the reciever.

Comment

• One more thing, if this is your first RC aircraft ever, do not fly it first. Get a trainer plane first and learn to fly. If you try to fly this one right out of the box it will kill your ambition in about 4 seconds. This is not that easy of a plane to fly. Get a trainer first.

Comment

• Hello,

thanks so much for that.

not my first plane and been flying a while so all is good was just unsure on how to programme receiver

thank you

fin

Comment

• Awesome! In that case you will definitely love flying her once she's all setup.

Comment

Hi Guys,

im having a difficult time linking my receiver to my transmitter. I have a Futaba T6K controller and R3006SB receiver

Could anyone give me some advice on:
                                    - what connection I need to connect battery to receiver to power it?

any other things I need to know to get it linked?

thanks
                                    Hi Fin121, Once you get the ESC’s 5V output located, follow these steps:
                                    - Turn on the transmitter….should be close to the receiver (close helps the binding process)
                                    - Plug in the 5V ESC output into the receiver any unused site
                                    (see photo below…captured from the Internet). I use it! Then connect the ESC to your 22V battery
                                    - With a plastic tool, Press the SW (down in the hole) for more than ONE SECOND to start the binding process
                                    - Wait for receiver LED to turn steady green

On all my birds, I have had to reverse the throttle in the transmitter programming to make the motors work.

IMPORTANT!!! Calibrate your ESC after binding. You can Google how to or come back here. REMOVE THE PROP FIRST or risk injury.

Cheers,
                                    GG
                                    Click image for larger version  Name:	0814C023-F0D9-4BBF-9DEF-A1B1C55C0948.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	70.5 KB ID:	324870

Comment

Hello,

I found with my Spectrum radio that I have to have the throttle trim all the way down, try that.

Grossman56
                                      Team Gross!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grossman56 View Post

I found with my Spectrum radio that I have to have the throttle trim all the way down, try that.

Grossman56
                                        Try reversing the throttle channel in the transmitter. This should fix the issue.

-GG

Comment

• Hi, thanks for the help.

everything is now working except the ailerons - frustrating as everything looks set up and plugged in.

any ideas if I’m missing a trick?

thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X