Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elbee I sure hope Freewing is taking notes! Simply fabulous my friend.
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Post removed. Found the HD paint numbers in a prior message.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
        Hey All, I have made some progress. Assembly of the fwd turtle-deck is completed and the canopy bow and canopy are now one piece which lets me start on the fwd cockpit IP and shroud again. I am inspired to see parts become assemblies finally. Tamms asked me this morning, "when are you going to finish your plane?" I damn near spit coffee! Well, at least she's interested... Best, LB
        All I can say is WOW!!!!
        Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
        Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Successful re-maiden! I powered up the Aspire sound card this time. It is dual transducers, but volume was at 10% because dogs were barking. Landing went well... full flaps. I need some minor adjustments tonight (rudder/ tailwheel) and will let her rip tomorrow morning. Thanks for all the tips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNZHaEnRpOA

Click image for larger version

Name:	267562761_4602109719837306_7230356811854573422_n.jpg
Views:	423
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	332372

Comment

• Looking great!

Comment

• Here's Elbee's sliding canopy in action!

My YouTube RC videos:
              https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Elbee
                Elbee commented
                Editing a comment
                Aros, I thank you, Brother. Best, LB

• That is awesome, looks great!

Comment

• Originally posted by brianswiger View Post
                Awesome, thanks my guy! Appreciate all the help fellas! My replacement retracts arrive tomorrow and I am excited to try again. Will continue to work with RF 9.5. There is a 1600mm Corsair available for it... it includes fragile landing gear as well :)
                Control your descent with throttle. The amount of speed is directly proportional to your rate of descent. Keep your fuse level and experiment with throttle settings and you'll see where the descent will start. I use my timer to tell me when I'm at 25% throttle. It will beep when it turns off the timer because it's below 25%. It also gives me a general throttle position for descent. My FL 1600 mm Spitty lands right at 25% with flaps. I only have one setting for flaps on the Spitfire as per the real ones. Most planes will land within a click or two of 25%, the trick is not to pull back or push forward on the elevator. That results in a stall and a splat on the runway. Your elevator in effect, becomes your speed control, raise the nose before you are at the flair point and it gets ugly. Go on You Tube and watch some of the Oshkosh airplanes landing, you'll see what I mean. That's how you land. You can also watch some hot rock R/C pilots with the big moki powered warbirds who can't land worth sh*t.

Grossman56
                Team Gross!

Comment

• If you want an airplane that will teach you how to land while being very forgiving, and I think Rifleman can attest to this too, buy a Flex Innovations RV 8. This is THE easiest airplane to fly and improved my landings ten fold.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4865.JPG
Views:	367
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	332707

Grossman56
                  Team Gross!

Comment

• Lunch time flight today. Attached my really old and dying 360 Fly HD camera (138g). The fully charged battery dies after 2 minutes. Flight is over railroad tracks and the Potomac River in Brunswick, MD. Windy, 10-15 mph gusts. You can change the POV with your mouse.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a newer, lighter 360 degree camera for our planes?

Comment

• Retract Replacement

I stripped out my right landing gear retract a couple of weeks ago and before I pull the old one out, can someone tell me which is the gear servo plug in the wing where it connects to the board, which in turn connects to the ribbon cable.

The reason I want to know before I pull it out, it looks like its going to be an issue threading the new one in. There's hardly any room to work and I want to tie a string to the old one so I can feed the new one in easier. The way they're in there, as soon as I pull on the wires and the plug comes loose, it'll be in the wing where I can't get to it.

I'm having mixed feelings on this one, there isn't the blue box that you normally see. If fact, I had to so the same on my Spitfire and it wasn't a problem at all. But due to the tight space I don't want to just start pulling plugs knowing it'll be a mess getting them back in.

Another thought occurs to me, does it matter where they plug in at. There's usually a diagram showing where everything plugs in at, but not for the Corsair.

Any help from those of you who have had to do this would be appreciated.

Comment

• Does this help? The PCB is labeled after you unscrew it. Also, I believe to remove the retract and reinstall, you also need to remove the bay door servo. Take a photo of that servo horn config before you do to get the bay doors to function properly. I used a spare pushrod and taped the servo wire to it. It is pretty easy to feed through. I have more photos from under there if you need more help. I was a little nervous too the the first time I re-applied power!

Comment

• Most of us have replaced to many,,, take wings off and seperate... givs u smaller part to play with... their is small bord at end of wing,, it has 2 screws... undo the 2 srcews and the retract srewss.. as u pull on the wire u will c witch wire comes off that board ,, mark it with texta or like.. rest is work but straightforward.. ya new retract plugs in to that spot.. its really not rocket sciense...... then reassemble your corsair ,,, and try again... just go back on this thread,,, and work on landing technigue.... dumb ass my spelling wrong again i think ,,,.. hav fun its a great aircraft.. flys awsome

Comment

• sorry yes u do need to lift gear door servo

Comment

• Pretty cool two minute clip tonight. Corsair onboard cam. 1 barrel roll, 3 loops, low pass and landing with Mr. RC Sound Aspire Card. Wind blocks out Aspire card being picked up on camera mic. Dual speakers. Will adjust mic and try again. Dive whistle, engine and machine guns sounded great at field. MD/VA/WV Potomac River and railroad tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by brianswiger View Post
                                Pretty cool two minute clip tonight. Corsair onboard cam. 1 barrel roll, 3 loops, low pass and landing with Mr. RC Sound Aspire Card. Wind blocks out Aspire card being picked up on camera mic. Dual speakers. Will adjust mic and try again. Dive whistle, engine and machine guns sounded great at field. MD/VA/WV Potomac River and railroad tracks.
                                Cool vid. Do you mind sharing where you placed the dual speakers and dive whistle in this plane?

Comment

• Sorry about the bird nest with the wires! I moved some things around and need to clean up with zip ties. Notes: I relocated the blue box to that upper shelf. Buy plenty of servo Ys and extensions! Earlier in this thread, someone posted Home Depot paint numbers. It is spot on! Getting ready to fly in 2 hours. Attempting new camera location that should put the mic inside the plane to cut the air noise and allow clear Aspire sounds. FYI- at the field, the aspire sounds amazing, even at 20% volume! I am only using 3 sounds- engine, whistle and machine guns. On my 8 channel radio, I use ch 7 for machine guns programmed to the bind button/ aux2 (pretty cool pressing a button to fire) and ch 8 is for my AS3X/ Safe disable (Flight mode 1 and Flight mode 2) for aux3. If anyone wants spektrum AS3X and safe settings, let me know- mine are working well. I am not a great pilot and having safe on a panic switch can avoid a really bad day. It is nice to do crazy stunts with the plane and if you lose orientation, just flip a switch and she snaps to level flight- I love it- such piece of mind. I should Y in more sounds to the flaps. Soon. The transducers are glued in with foam tac. On hard landings, sometimes I need to reglue them, but that is preferable to anchoring them in with CA.

My Receiver is: AR8360T DSMX 8-Channel AS3X & SAFE Telemetry Receiver Item No.SPMAR8360T

Happy to share any lessons I have learned. Ask away.

-Brian

Comment

• I would like to know what is your gains setting for AS3X and SAFE. Also, why did you go with the AR8360T? Could an AR637T be use instead of the AR8360T?

Comment

• I wanted to have 8 channels for the Aspire sound card for machine guns and other sounds. It also lets you assign a channel for flight modes which let you toggle between SAFE enabled/ disabled.
                                      For AS3X:
                                      Roll 35% (this thread said start with 40%, but this axis oscillated on me and I reduced it to 35 and the plane looks more stable now)
                                      Pitch 45%
                                      Yaw 50%
                                      Priority all 150
                                      Heading Gain all 0%

SAFE
                                      Gains (Roll and Pitch) 35
                                      Angle Limits
                                      Rolls 60
                                      Pitch down 40
                                      Pitch up 50

My SAFE is currently set to Self Level/ Angle Demand. Please let me know if I missed posting any settings. My plane flies super.

I am not a good pilot off Gyro. It takes as little as 2-3 seconds and if you lose orientation with a plane, it could be in the ground. Being able to switch back to SAFE and have the plane snap to level flight in less than a second is just incredible. With the cost of the plane, Rx, Aspire, that is a lot of money flying around to lose! If you crash on landing, the repairs are usually minimal. I wouldn't be in the hobby without SAFE. I do want to see if I can set SAFE to allow ANY flight angles, as long as I am on the sticks. If things go bad and I release, I want the plane to go back to level flight. Meaning I want to be able to do loops and rolls while SAFE is enabled. I will research and keep upping the SAFE angles to see if this is possible.

I had an odd flight today with my Dad. On take off, right before being in the air, the tail wheel his a bump in the dirt and it pitched the nose down and the prop hit the ground. The plane went airborne and I immediately did a low pass to see if there was vibration from prop damage. The plane was solid and I flew for 6 minutes. When I landed, one of the blades was missing over an inch! I couldn't believe she didn't show any issues in the air. I only noticed that I thought she wasn't flying as fast, but everything else was nominal. These warbirds never stop impressing.

Even though I stuck the mic area of my camera inside the cockpit, the wind noise was still bad and the Aspire sounds still didnt come thru well. At the field, they sound awesome. Just need to work on my on board camera setup.

Comment

• That's the new camera location. The mic is inside the battery area. I was bummed with the results. Uploading video now.

Comment

Working...
                                        X