Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
    Hey Corsair Crazies,
    Added some mechanics to the cowl flaps, so now these are functional even without the wind Ya'all must know Hugh Wiedman knew I was going to do this all along. So here's to you Hugh and I'll do a quick vid later, so you don't think I CG-eed the pics. It is big-fun to watch as it resembles an angry iguana lizard when I use the servo tester. Anyway, more when there is more.

Best, Steve

Thats gota b a whole lota work,,... just plain open looking cowl flaps woulda been good... but operational.. wow factor,, very high

Comment

• Took my Corsair out for the second time this year, but this time I installed Elbee's excellent 3D printed hub covers for the main wheels. Had a friend with a printer make them up for me. I installed them on the Robart 3.5" dia. hubs and wheels. I think they really look great! Stayed on no problem for the flight, too.

I'll attach a couple of pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1004.jpg
Views:	700
Size:	200.7 KB
ID:	340615Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1003.jpg
Views:	680
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	340616

Comment

• I agree. Awesome!
        Fly low, fly fast, turn left

Comment

• Very nice they, look amazing!

Comment

• Originally posted by davegee View Post
            Took my Corsair out for the second time...
            DG, nothing like a new pair of shoes to make a gal look put together. Nicely done. Best, LB
            I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
            ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

DG, nothing like a new pair of shoes to make a gal look put together. Nicely done. Best, LB
              They snapped into place quite well, and stayed on no problem for takeoffs and landings. Of course, the LOOK of them on the plane is worth the price of admission! Well done!

DG

Comment

• Elbee
                Elbee commented
                Editing a comment
                Wouldn't hurt to add a bit-o-CA or even a little kit glue just in case. Best, Steve

• Great work guys, this has to be my favorite plane and so worth the effort.
              My other Corsair 1700 had a powered canopy, scratch built interior , now Elby is motivating me to do more with the Flightline Corsair

Comment

• You bet, Steve. I did add a bit of flexible glue to ensure they would stay on during that “less than perfect” landing! Appreciate the advice.

Comment

• Corsair Crew, So I was going to repaint the OEM exhaust tips and tidy up the area. One thing led to another and there you have it. More when there is more. Best, LB
                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Corsair Crew, So I was going to repaint the OEM exhaust tips and tidy up the area. One thing led to another and there you have it. More when there is more. Best, LB
                    I'm expecting to see some black smoke come belching out of there on start-up in the next video!
                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                    Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Elbee You glorious son of a gun.
                      My YouTube RC videos:
                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Corsair Crew, So I was going to repaint the OEM exhaust tips and tidy up the area. One thing led to another and there you have it. More when there is more. Best, LB
                        That looks way better sir, now for some flickering Led's in the pipe's !

I have a problem with my second bubbletop aileron, the last hinge is too lose if you grab the L,E. it move's up and down 3-5 mm ,not good . I think I can cut a small hole and let in some ca but I would like to know how the hinges are secured or even what the look like first . any thoughts ? ...joe h.

Comment

• Thinking about pulling the trigger on the FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan...Convince me one way or another? Thanks,

Comment

• I've had mine for a while 1.5 years without any issues, I love how it flys, and it is really fun. I do fly off grass, just fly it for what it is and you can't go wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by rifleman_btx View Post
                              I've had mine for a while 1.5 years without any issues, I love how it flys, and it is really fun. I do fly off grass, just fly it for what it is and you can't go wrong.
                              Thank you, I will be flying off of grass. Appreciate it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArrowPilot View Post
                                Thinking about pulling the trigger on the FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan...Convince me one way or another? Thanks,
                                You can enjoy it right out of the box, or go with the "Elbee treatment" to make a flyable, model masterpiece! I'm in Elbee's camp, I love the history of the plane, and I fly mine often. One of my favorites! Enjoy!!
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	_CAM0958adjusted.jpgcropped.jpg
Views:	500
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	341474Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-1003.jpg
Views:	467
Size:	173.7 KB
ID:	341475

Comment

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the FlightLine F4U-1A Corsair 1600mm (63") Wingspan...Convince me one way or another? Thanks,
                                  AP, though I cannot speak to the Flightline Corsair's fly-ability characteristics yet, I can tell you about how well it is built... as I have been modifying this airframe for awhile. davegee and rifleman_btx are spot-on about it's durability and just great looks. If you have scrolled through this thread, you have seen so many well done variants with simple repaints and frankly, the OEM paint schemes are great looking, I just had a different livery in mind when I began this build. My advice, for what it's worth, is 'go for it' if a Corsair is what you're looking to own next. She is a beauty. Best, LB
                                  ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

AP, though I cannot speak to the Flightline Corsair's fly-ability characteristics yet, I can tell you about how well it is built... as I have been modifying this airframe for awhile. davegee and rifleman_btx are spot-on about it's durability and just great looks. If you have scrolled through this thread, you have seen so many well done variants with simple repaints and frankly, the OEM paint schemes are great looking, I just had a different livery in mind when I began this build. My advice, for what it's worth, is 'go for it' if a Corsair is what you're looking to own next. She is a beauty. Best, LB
                                    Yes sir... My dad actually worked for Vought-Sikorsky aircraft and built the Corsair prior to being shipped overseas, hence my keen interest in the Corsair. Heard all the war stories growing up.
                                    Thanks,

Comment

Yes sir... My dad actually worked for Vought-Sikorsky aircraft and built the Corsair prior to being shipped overseas, hence my keen interest in the Corsair. Heard all the war stories growing up.
                                      Thanks,
                                      My bad boy has flown close to 300 times,, its very well weathered acidently and deliberately... have replaced gear and servos ,, couple times, airframe itself is a piller of strenght... and it flys amazing Click image for larger version

Name:	16492294658925442371767183109455.jpg
Views:	486
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	341735

Comment

• I concur with all; I have 8 Corsairs in my hanger right now. If I had to sell them all they would have to pry my 2 Flightline Corsairs out of my cold dead hands.

Comment

Working...
                                        X