X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

O-T, Did you post at one time here that you doing one of Lt. Paul Whitings' Corsairs? Just checking as I am looking at one of his and wouldn't want to duplicate your efforts. Respectfully, LB
    LB,
    You are clear to enter that pattern, If I were I’d give you first dibs my friend. I’m positive you’ll give the Lt.’s aircraft the justice it deserves!
    I’m actually still undecided on my Birdcage. Have it narrowed down to three... Continuing to mull it over...

Go for it! All the best, OT
    :Cool:

Comment

• I got my corsair today and unpacked everything no big problems with finish looks great, however one of the wing screws had bad threads and they only include just enough 6 screws, so I called and have them mailing me some new screws. Hopefully it didn't mess up the threads in the wing itself. Will see, also I will be doing control linkages tomorrow I have 6 rods and I don't know which is for which. Any help appreciated. Or pics of underside wing?! I haven't hooked up receiver or battery yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by sethscorsair View Post
        I got my corsair today and unpacked everything no big problems with finish looks great, however one of the wing screws had bad threads and they only include just enough 6 screws, so I called and have them mailing me some new screws. Hopefully it didn't mess up the threads in the wing itself. Will see, also I will be doing control linkages tomorrow I have 6 rods and I don't know which is for which. Any help appreciated. Or pics of underside wing?! I haven't hooked up receiver or battery yet.
        From Page 5 in the manual...

Click image for larger version

Name:	PushRods_Page5.jpg
Views:	887
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	175437

Comment

• Originally posted by Beeg View Post

From Page 5 in the manual...
          LOL Another case of the manly I don't need no steenkin manual to assemble this toy LOL
          Warbird Charlie
          HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• :) yep that's me! Also this is the first plane with this style of rod I've had nothing but eflight up til this point. Should I wait to hook up my receiver and battery before putting them on?

Comment

• Also, I would have just gone down to the handy, dandy Home Depot and bought a small box of screws. I think they can match threads.

Comment

:) yep that's me! Also this is the first plane with this style of rod I've had nothing but eflight up til this point. Should I wait to hook up my receiver and battery before putting them on?
                No. The logical way is to bind it to a RX, power it up without rods so all the servos can center themselves. Even Eflite planes should be done this way. Remove all rods, exercise the control surfaces to make sure they move freely and without binding, center servos, attach rods, adjust rods.

Comment

:) yep that's me! Also this is the first plane with this style of rod I've had nothing but eflight up til this point. Should I wait to hook up my receiver and battery before putting them on?
                  Also, refer back to post #897 if you have issues with the flap rod lengths...

Comment

• Flap rods are 80mm... Ailerons are 70mm... In my case, I had 5 flap rods and one aileron rod. I fixed it, but I did open a ticket to let Motion and Flightline know it happened....

Comment

• Picks of a recovered F4U and its wheel wells and gear The wells are the bottom color and the primer is salmon....

Comment

• These pics were posted over on the Warbird Information Exchange. The F4U-1 hauled out of Lake Michigan last fall has been moved into the restoration h

Comment

• Originally posted by xviper View Post
                          There's still something not right.
                          1. The subtrim for throttle in the servo menu should NOT be touched. Leave it the way it comes.
                          2. If you are getting the high throttle warning, you are doing it in the wrong sequence. You turn ON the TX first with the throttle down, after everything turns on and the TX is ready THEN you raise the throttle to MAX, THEN you hook up the battery to the plane with NO throttle cut (do it with NO prop on just in case you're doing wrong still). Wait for the first beeps (nevermind what they sound like), THEN immediately lower the throttle stick to the bottom. Leave alone till you get the beeps for the number of cells in the battery. You should never have to do this again unless you change the ESC.
                          PS. You aren't leaving the bind plug in are you?
                          PPS. 2 or 3 clicks of freeplay isn't bad.
                          You know I'm running into a bit of a throttle issue too but I'm using a Spektrum DX7 with the new Spektrum AR620 antenna-less receiver. Very strange, I've never had an issue before. I'm bound and got radio bind confirmation. When I plug in the Lipo everything pulses normally but I don't get the normal tones and the motor seems to chirp and wants to turn then stops then chirps again and stops. I've checked and double checked my programming and it looks right. I do have the throttle disable set correctly for safety but when I switch to enable and move throttle up it just chirps and moves slightly. Any ideas?

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

You know I'm running into a bit of a throttle issue too but I'm using a Spektrum DX7 with the new Spektrum AR620 antenna-less receiver. Very strange, I've never had an issue before. I'm bound and got radio bind confirmation. When I plug in the Lipo everything pulses normally but I don't get the normal tones and the motor seems to chirp and wants to turn then stops then chirps again and stops. I've checked and double checked my programming and it looks right. I do have the throttle disable set correctly for safety but when I switch to enable and move throttle up it just chirps and moves slightly. Any ideas?
                            Is the AR620 backwards compatible with the DX-7. I have a Gen 1 DX-7, and I can't remember if it is DSM2? I know the DX-9 will work with DSM2 and DSMX receivers, but will a DSMX receiver work with a DSM2 radio???
                            :Confused::Thinking:

Comment

• https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/...DX7_Manual.pdf Looks like it is DSM2.... :(

Comment

• This was the only spot I could find on the horizontal stab what should I use to fill it in or should I not worry about it?

Comment

• https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...rodID=SPMAR620
                                  Jerry.....FYI
                                  DSM2 Compatible.................First line in the non bulleted overview. ;)
                                  "The Spektrum AR620 air receiver is a full-range, 6-channel sport receiver with DSMX/DSM2 compatibility and a compact footprint that’s streamlined to fit in a wide range of models."
                                  Warbird Charlie
                                  HSD Skyraider FlightLine OV-10 FMS 1400: P-40B, P-51, F4U, F6F, T-28, P-40E, Pitts, 1700 F4U & F7F, FOX glider Freewing A-6, T-33, P-51 Dynam ME-262, Waco TF Giant P-47; ESM F7F-3 LX PBJ-1 EFL CZ T-28, C-150, 1500 P-51 & FW-190

Comment

• Originally posted by Hardway View Post

Is the AR620 backwards compatible with the DX-7. I have a Gen 1 DX-7, and I can't remember if it is DSM2? I know the DX-9 will work with DSM2 and DSMX receivers, but will a DSMX receiver work with a DSM2 radio???
                                    :Confused::Thinking:
                                    Yes, My DX7 is the newer version. I had this exact receiver in an FMS P51D V8 and used it without an issue with my DX7. When I sold the P51 I kept the receiver to use in my Corsair. I'm sure there is a simple fix to this but as everyone has experienced in this hobby it's these little curve balls that come up that are the most annoying especially when you find out you've overlooked something that's RC101 LOLLOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

The older DX7 "should" work with the 620 but I'm only guessing since I don't plan on using any of the newer Spektrum RXs. I've seen this sort of thing happen to some of my BNF Eflite models, in particular, the Convergence. It would bind up just fine one day (as long as I'm far enough away at the time) and a few days later, it won't initialize until I move quite far away from it before plugging in the flight battery (and I'm talking much farther than when I bound it originally). I don't know what's going on but I don't have to bind it again, just move really far away - like 15 feet or more.
                                      Do any of the servos work? If they do, then you might want to investigate into some of the other wiring conditions, like the ESC to motor wires, ESC to battery wires. If one is not quite firmly connected or one of the wires have damaged insulation, it could cause the weird throttle response.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ole-Timer View Post

LB, You are clear to enter that pattern, If I were I’d give you first dibs my friend. I’m positive you’ll give the Lt.’s aircraft the justice it deserves!I’m actually still undecided on my Birdcage. Have it narrowed down to three... Continuing to mull it over...Go for it! All the best, OT:Cool:
                                        O-T, I don't know that it would matter as I have the FlightLine BUBBLY-lookin' version. Your comment about a 3-digit code number is what sparked the thought. The one I was contemplating is 831 and I have not yet found a picture to corroborate it, just a good-lookin' plastic build. Ah'll le' ya know, Laddie. Tis a wee early yet. Best, LB
                                        I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                                        ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                                        ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post
                                          I agree Charlie...I just figured Alpha must have come across something I haven't seen. Another thing I caught lately...the shots of Ken Walsh's Lucky 13 don't seem to have the blacked out strip on the wing for a walkway? And BTW, Callie does have the number 13 with a shamrock behind, along with the word "Viva" for the cowl, for any who might be interested! Rob
                                          I have posted photos of the plane about 3 times, plus this is the model I am doing.
                                          Plus you will notice there isn’t a step in the flap on these models. I filled mine in. There is left wing cockpit access only.
                                          The 13 is superimposed over the Shamrock.
                                          Ken
                                          Last edited by Ken Smith; Jan 30, 2019, 06:02 PM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Working...
                                          X