• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful work!
    My YouTube RC videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Thanks brother! EVERYONE needs to share their techniques.... Spokes on a wheel and many paths to the center. We ALL need to learn from each other! Cant wait fro Alpha's write up on weathering..... that Birdcage of his is OFF THE HOOK!
      Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Hey Hey,,,, someone needs to 3D print these .....

Please...:-)
        Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• I wonder how the A would blend in with a clear sky. Where i'm at in central AZ we are cursed with clear, sunny skies almost all spring and summer and these tired eyes need all the help they can get! I'm certainly not the scale police but I would hate to have to paint some orientation lines on a plane this pretty!

Comment

• The closest plane I have to this color is the PZ Wildcat and I’ve flown it for six years. I’ve never had any issue with it disappearing in the sky or loosing orientation. It’s also a much smaller model. We have plenty of blue skies here in Pennsylvania come summer and fall that match the model really well. My eyes sure ain’t what they used to be either. I’ve suffered PVD in both eyes and my once great vision is now marred by floaters that can make models almost disappear at times and frustrate the heck out of me. My personal experience with model color and my vision issues is dark colored models are the ones I experience orientation issues with but having flown for so many years I manually override what my eyes and brain perceive as wrong. I prefer lighter colored models so I can orient them better and they don’t gator out as much, and I’m sure Arizona is far worse in that regard.

Comment

• Well, the planes color does matter. I have given up flying any of my German planes on cloudy days. They just disappear. Same thing with all Olive Drab planes without invasion stripes when I fly at a certain field with a high tree line. They just disappear. I wouldn't change the schemes as that isn't my style. I like to be as historically accurate as possible. I even document my planes schemes with folders that I bring with me to the field. Always makes for good conversation with anyone interested in learning about the model or history. Sometimes, I learn something in return from Vets or others with the same passion. But some schemes does make certain models "uncomfortable" to fly. It wouldn't stop me from getting a plane because the scheme is hard to see, but it will influence where and how often I fly it.
              Don't just fly--WREAK HAVOC!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by icepirate3 View Post
                I wonder how the A would blend in with a clear sky. Where i'm at in central AZ we are cursed with clear, sunny skies almost all spring and summer and these tired eyes need all the help they can get! I'm certainly not the scale police but I would hate to have to paint some orientation lines on a plane this pretty!
                You can do the three color Corsair scheme on the birdcage dash 1 and still be scale correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by e4dragongunner View Post
                  Here is how my F4 has turned out thus far......And yes!! GREAT Advice! These Models are great canvas's
                  And can't wait for my Birdcage!
                  Wow E4, that is really nice work! My A-10 was my only real project for an RC plane and I found the scale/size to be a bit of a challenge. On my first go I was too conservative and ended up covering most of the panel line and pre-shading. So I went back and did it a second time with better results (perhaps not enough color covering, but better than pure gray). I learned that the key was to paint a panel at a time and not try and do broad sections. Then I was more careful on the amount of color coat. Having done my static Tamiya Corsair, I could see how one could add lighter shades of top color to give the fading effect, particularly over the fabric control surface areas of the wing, vertical and horizontal stabs. I did some highlighting, but not enough! Rob

Comment

Here is how my F4 has turned out thus far...These Models are great canvas's
                    E4DG, Outstanding is all I can say. Started my F-4 Navy Livery yesterday. Best, LB
                    I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
                    ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
                    ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Alpha do these 3d parts need to be scaled up I am at school in print lab with 4 form 2's ready to go :) Or can they be printed as is.
                      AMA 1102566

Comment

• Thanks guys! All too much fun!

Comment

• I just received my F-22 and my daughter ordered me the new F4U dark blue. I am unpacking the F-22 now and hope to start building tomorrow. I need to sell a few planes for room now. These new models are just keep me busy just trying to find space for them. What a problem to have :).

Comment

• Originally posted by RCAV8R View Post

Wow E4, that is really nice work! My A-10 was my only real project for an RC plane and I found the scale/size to be a bit of a challenge. On my first go I was too conservative and ended up covering most of the panel line and pre-shading. So I went back and did it a second time with better results (perhaps not enough color covering, but better than pure gray). I learned that the key was to paint a panel at a time and not try and do broad sections. Then I was more careful on the amount of color coat. Having done my static Tamiya Corsair, I could see how one could add lighter shades of top color to give the fading effect, particularly over the fabric control surface areas of the wing, vertical and horizontal stabs. I did some highlighting, but not enough! Rob
                            Hey!!! Rereading these posts.... YOUR A-10 is OFF THE HOOK !! Love the very interesting pre- shading, Love the thought that went in to it. The finished A-10 really really turned out nice.... Don't mean to gush.... But I LOVE THIS SH*T!!! Always looking for new techniques to add to my tool box... The real key is you gotta "DO IT" to get better.... and yes,,, you may EFF it up! no worries. Try again!

Comment

• Oh.. and have the Corsairs shipped yet?? LOL ....Really looking forward to this one!!

Comment

• Space is a real problem for me at this time but I love this hobby and the new planes that are coming out these days. I just gotta have certain ones. As the models get bigger and transportation gets to be an issue, I just buy a bigger car. Did that once already and I'm sure I'll do it again. As for the space in the house, well, I guess I'll have to fly a little harder and crash a few of my older, less shiny ones. :Silly:

Comment

• My finished attic and a spare bedroom look like the island of misfit airframes. Around 30 older models that I just do not fly anymore.
                                  I plan to give several of them to friends as the models are taking up valuable space. Since the FlightLine warbirds came out, scale looks and quality have leaped forward and that’s what I want to fly!
                                  The current 1600mm wingspan on the releases is also a perfect fit for the shelf inside my trucks cap so no disassembled required for transport.

Comment

• on the topic of contrasting color schemes that are scale, if you choose a Corsair scheme that was flying off one of those small Islands over in the Pacific early in the war, the bottoms and even the wing tops where people walked were very white from the crushed Coral strips they flew from.
                                    the white bottom makes it easy to distinguish if you are looking at the top or bottom.

Comment

Hey!!! Rereading these posts.... YOUR A-10 is OFF THE HOOK !! Love the very interesting pre- shading, Love the thought that went in to it. The finished A-10 really really turned out nice.... Don't mean to gush.... But I LOVE THIS SH*T!!! Always looking for new techniques to add to my tool box... The real key is you gotta "DO IT" to get better.... and yes,,, you may EFF it up! no worries. Try again!
                                      Thanks E4...I am really into the combination of historical accuracy and true to life realism that modeling brings! Thanks for the encouragement that it is always a work in progress!

On another note, it's looking like I will pull the trigger for a birdcage for my 66th in May! I have been scouring my resource books in anticipation and wanted to share a couple that I think you guys would appreciate: In Detail And Scale, F4U Corsair, Vol 55 and Squadron Signal, F4U In Action, Issue 1220. Detail & Scale shows the F4U-1 variant with both the non-specular (flat) Blue Gray (FS 35189) over Light Gray (FS 36440), and the tri-color scheme, non-specular Sea Blue (FS 35045), over Intermediate Blue (FS 35164), over flat white. I guess technically the 1-A designation came after the bird cage with the changed semi-bubble canopy and taller tail wheel. I apologize in advance to those who aren't as into the weeds about this stuff...just offering this as a resource for anyone who cares! :Yawn: ​ Rob

Comment

• Here are the books...

Comment

• are the cockpit stl files available yet

Comment

Working...
                                          X