X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stuart.MotionRC View Post

Hey you are welcome and if you want the weather we have now (wind and rain) I can send that over too ???? This was shot in The Netherlands, near to our EU warehouse BTW.

S.
    Netherlands? Oh - Nice but no thanks to sending us wind and rain, we're all full up here with that sort of weather. ;) I am looking forward to being in your neck of the woods this fall. Taking the wife on a Viking cruise from Basel to Amsterdam. No flying on the trip but I figure it will give me a couple new planes in the bank! LOLLOLLOL Grover54

Comment

• Originally posted by themudduck View Post
      Detail, details.

Has anyone else noticed that the model is missing a Pitot tube on the left wing? We need to add that. Maybe a 3D part?

Also, from the Corsairs I have seen, the "step" in the right-side inboard flap is a hole that goes all the way through.
      Easy to see in this pic of a F-4U I took a few years back at an airshow.
      This bird has blue legs!
      I haven't decided whether I should cut the flap step out on the model. What do you guys think? Maybe this was only on later models?

Click image for larger version Name:	F4U-4_Bu97388_front_view[1].jpg Views:	1 Size:	87.8 KB ID:	177484
      For all you "detail" guys out there, I think I found a solution for the missing Pitot tube. I've looked everywhere and can't find the right one for the F4U but came across this one. I may need to modify it a bit but it's a start. If anyone out there knows of where we can get the "real" deal please let me know.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	20190306_171358.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	183233Click image for larger version

Name:	20190306_171347.jpg
Views:	705
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	183234 I used the pitot tube from the LX Corsair.
        Brandon Moon

Comment

• Doing a little work on the F4U-1D Click image for larger version

Name:	20190303_141716.jpg
Views:	1235
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	183238Click image for larger version

Name:	20190227_124533.jpg
Views:	1202
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	183239Click image for larger version

Name:	20190303_151951.jpg
Views:	1180
Size:	81.7 KB
ID:	183240Click image for larger version

Name:	20190227_124420.jpg
Views:	1179
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	183241Click image for larger version

Name:	20190227_124633.jpg
Views:	1143
Size:	78.2 KB
ID:	183242Click image for larger version

Name:	20190227_124702.jpg
Views:	1194
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	183243Click image for larger version

Name:	20190227_124459.jpg
Views:	1150
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	183244Click image for larger version

Name:	20190303_152006.jpg
Views:	1159
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	183245Click image for larger version

Name:	20190227_124717.jpg
Views:	1147
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	183246Click image for larger version

Name:	20190303_192418.jpg
Views:	1181
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	183247Click image for larger version

Name:	20190303_151934.jpg
Views:	1186
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	183248
          Brandon Moon

Comment

• Nice work as always.

Mike
            \"When Inverted Down Is Up And Up Is Expensive\"

Comment

• Looks great Brandon , Nice work!

Comment

• Wondering if someone can help, I wanted to remove the wheels since I have the bigger Robars coming in, I removed the set screw at the bottom of the strut, however, is there anything else I need to remove in order to get the wheel off?

Comment

• Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post
                  Wondering if someone can help, I wanted to remove the wheels since I have the bigger Robars coming in, I removed the set screw at the bottom of the strut, however, is there anything else I need to remove in order to get the wheel off?
                  No. Put a small flat head between the wheel hub and the retract and gently pry. It will pop loose.

Comment

• Hi guys, I got 4 more flights on the Birdcage this evening before the sun set. I’m lovin’ the China hobby line 5000 40c batteries. Today I realized that when landing the Corsair that I have to let happen and not force it. Put it on a nice glide slope and adjust throttle as needed and let her come in. I was noticing that I was flaring to soon and too much. That and letting it get too slow. Which leads to testing the landing struts. I also got an email from Callie that my decals are being made and will ship out tomorrow! Woo hoo!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fallguy44 View Post

No. Put a small flat head between the wheel hub and the retract and gently pry. It will pop loose.
                      That did it, thanks!

Comment

• Great stuff as usual Brandon!

Md, you're right, just guide her in with the throttle and she practically lands herself. Very well behaved this one. We are so used to having to monkey around with some warbirds over the years but this one is a ***** cat through-and-through.
                        My YouTube RC videos:
                        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	7CAD1D15-4BE7-4EF9-BCB4-E7BFA6A2381C.jpeg
Views:	962
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	183299Click image for larger version

Name:	D40E0FFC-B22B-45FC-9B39-2919DB8639C8.jpeg
Views:	969
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	183300 The adventure begins :Cool: !

:corsair

Comment

• Originally posted by sfmadmax View Post
                            Wondering if someone can help, I wanted to remove the wheels since I have the bigger Robars coming in, I removed the set screw at the bottom of the strut, however, is there anything else I need to remove in order to get the wheel off?
                            Saw your PM but it looks like you got it solved. The problem I had was unscrewing the set screw. They put too much thread lock on mine and I had to really wrench on it to release but all OK now. Note: I plan to put minimal amount of "releasable" thread-lock back on the set screw so I'll make it a practice to make that a check point post flight. :Cool:

Comment

• Originally posted by Grover54 View Post

Saw your PM but it looks like you got it solved. The problem I had was unscrewing the set screw. They put too much thread lock on mine and I had to really wrench on it to release but all OK now. Note: I plan to put minimal amount of "releasable" thread-lock back on the set screw so I'll make it a practice to make that a check point post flight. :Cool:
                              A better solution is to not use any kind of Loctite at all. Use a little FoamTac on the threads.

Comment

• Woohoo, just ordered the birdcage from RC Castle, cant wait to get my grubby little mitts on this beauty.:bluecool

Comment

• Originally posted by Austang View Post
                                  Woohoo, just ordered the birdcage from RC Castle, cant wait to get my grubby little mitts on this beauty.:bluecool
                                  Wow! - RC Castle!? You must not be in US. Those guys charge an additional $125 to ship to US. Motion RC landed my Bubbletop at my door for $399. Regardless, the quality of this bird is well worth the money! You'll love it! Good flying.

Comment

• Due to the weather I've still yet to maiden my corsair. In the meantime I've enjoyed looking at all the great work you guys have done and envy those who've had a chance to fly it. I'd thought I'd share a couple pictures. The first is a picture of Pappy Boyington that I took back in 1987 at the Livermore, Ca. airshow. He was there signing his book "Baa Baa Blacksheep" as well as another novel he wrote entitled "Tonya". He signed a copy of "Baa Baa Blacksheep" for me (addressed to my son who was with me and 7 at the time). Unfortunately, he passed away shortly after this as shown in the obituary printed in the local papers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chalredline1 View Post
                                      Due to the weather I've still yet to maiden my corsair. In the meantime I've enjoyed looking at all the great work you guys have done and envy those who've had a chance to fly it. I'd thought I'd share a couple pictures. The first is a picture of Pappy Boyington that I took back in 1987 at the Livermore, Ca. airshow. He was there signing his book "Baa Baa Blacksheep" as well as another novel he wrote entitled "Tonya". He signed a copy of "Baa Baa Blacksheep" for me (addressed to my son who was with me and 7 at the time). Unfortunately, he passed away shortly after this as shown in the obituary printed in the local papers.
                                      WOW CRedline1 - that's quite a collectable you have. Don't let that get away from you. I remember reading Boyington passed away, a sad day in aviation history. Now that your son is in his 30's is he in the hobby? :Cool: Good Flying!

Comment

• The adventure continues... ;)

I used Future acrylic on the face of the gauges to simulate the lens glass.

​Now on to the upgrade of the R2800!!!
                                        :Silly:.
                                        :corsair

Comment

• Just say NO to broken image links theoldALFER! :P;):Silly:
                                          My YouTube RC videos:
                                          https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

Working...
                                          X