X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

WM, She's lookin' good, SIr. I have often thought, "How much weathering on an F4u is enough?" I mean it's not about where to begin, it;s about how do I stop. Bravo Zulu. Best, LB
    I see where that could happen, I ordered the page of Nomenclature from Callie graphics. There are close to 80 or more items to put on. Then How much weathering is enough, and what might be to little I have did some research and have seen some that were just way over done and some that could use more. You are right where do you stop?????. As I said this is my first project to do some weathering Ideas I have tried. The smoke trail coming off the guns over the wing I did with a Sharpy First I put a little Alcohol on a shop towel then I made a line on the towel and wiped it on the wing came out OK for me. All the little labels are very time consuming and a pain in the rear LOL!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Labels2.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	300429Click image for larger version

Name:	label1.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	300430

Comment

• WM, Who's to say what's 'overdone'.? "Eye of the 'beholder" in my thoughts. Scale police, Bah. I've not seen a critic's work in these forums, just those that do and those that hesitate to do. Weather her so she looks good in your mind's eye and she'll be brilliant. Best as always, LB
      I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
      ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Sage words Brother Elbee .
        My YouTube RC videos:
        https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post
          WM, Who's to say what's 'overdone'.? "Eye of the 'beholder" in my thoughts. Scale police, Bah. I've not seen a critic's work in these forums, just those that do and those that hesitate to do. Weather her so she looks good in your mind's eye and she'll be brilliant. Best as always, LB
          I like to do all my weathering at the field. If you've seen me fly, you know what I mean.

Name:	IMG-20201012-WA0000001_1602515054771.jpg
Views:	519
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	300456 Sorry, just finished off a bottle and got a little silly
          Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
          Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugh Wiedman View Post
            I like to do all my weathering at the field...
            ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• Oh my! If Hobby Squawk were to hand out awards surely Hugh gets the Court Jester Award and I mean that in the best possible light!

My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• I finished the Instrument panel , with a clear circular gun sight, and the two side panels I may split the Canopy and have an open cockpit, might even go as far as to make it a sliding Canopy MAYBE LOL!!!! That's all I am doing Tonight, not the best, but it is close enough for government work

Click image for larger version  Name:	Inst instaled.jpg Views:	0 Size:	63.0 KB ID:	300481Click image for larger version  Name:	Lpanel.jpg Views:	0 Size:	58.5 KB ID:	300482Click image for larger version  Name:	Rpanel.jpg Views:	0 Size:	54.5 KB ID:	300483

Comment

• Wild Man I'd say way too good for Govt work. Very nice.
                  Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

Wild Man I'd say way too good for Govt work. Very nice.
                    Thank you Hugh "Wildman Wiedman" I am just trying to Keep up with you Sir LOL!!!, The Work you do on your Birds is awesome. There are a few that do not realize how much time is invested in doing projects like this. I miss building from a box of wood then after the build there is the Finishing then the detailing. With these Awesome Scale Foamies it really cuts the Final finishing to a few days rather then months Today I am masking off the Bottom and adding flat white then back to access labeling later today, our Sub zero temps are over, and are lows at night are in the 30's instead of double digit minus temps. Today here in the Great Black Hills of S.D will be in the low 50's. I wanted to go out flying but the winds are gusting from 20 to 30 mph

Comment

• Wild Man , hang in there brother, I'm sure better weather is heading your way. I have a sneaky suspicion your Corsair will come out superb. You will love the way it flies as well. Getting 8-10 minutes of aggressive flying on an electric foam decent size warbird is a real treat.
                      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Looks great!
                        My YouTube RC videos:

Comment

• Thanks Aros. I try weathering is some thing I have never done, but there is a lot of info out there on how. Wild man Wiedman have you gotten a replace Silver B-24 for the one the Jet jokey took out???

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
                            Wild man Wiedman have you gotten a replace Silver B-24 for the one the Jet jokey took out???
                            No, but I still have the Olive one intact so planning on "replacing it" with a Mig. I now have one open spot in the hangar that needs filling. Unless a new FL nemesis is created for the Corsair.
                            Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Hi Guys...we were blessed today with a reprieve from the winter gloom,...54 degrees and calm winds. Six fabulous flights against a gorgeous sky! I wanted to thank this group...I flew today with my first ever gyro (the Eagle LV2) per the recommendations I read here, and I was not disappointed! Probably the best $22 I have spent in the hobby! I didn't want any recovery mode, just a straightforward "something" to take the edge off and it delivered big time! The setup video was spot on, and it was easy!

And that, coupled with the great discussion here about landing with more throttle, has made my experience so awesome! I lost my first Corsair due to a nasty stall and for a while I questioned my piloting skills altogether. But with some coaching from my buddy RichJ53 and the good advice found here, it is a whole new day! This group is really a tribute to the hobby and the great folks that share it...thanks!

P.S. I guess I would add that I am in my ninth year flying RC (I have the A-10, Stinger 90, and had a Spitfire), and don't really consider myself a novice, but I admit the Corsair had me humbled! What a gorgeous bird though, and it's really a blast to see it going through the paces. I also share this for those who resist the idea of "crutches" like gyros...I can relate, and resisted them too. I will not fly with SAFE, or anything like it that "takes over" the aircraft! But this gyro is something that does not take away from my flying skills, and merely enhances the performance of the plane...I highly recommend it!

Rob

Comment

No, but I still have the Olive one intact so planning on "replacing it" with a Mig. I now have one open spot in the hangar that needs filling. Unless a new FL nemesis is created for the Corsair.
                                My corsair is foreva tellin me,, why send me up ,,, no zero t b seen.... and congrats rcav8r,,, its a great flyer... it will get better if that zeek ever turns up

Comment

• RCAV8R. you are right The Prop driven WWII planes are a different animal to fly The one I am working on is the Bird cage F4U-1A, I have elected to guide it with a new AR8360T equipped with Telemetry, AS3X and Safe, but I am only using the AS3X gyro and some of the telemetry items

Comment

RCAV8R. you are right The Prop driven WWII planes are a different animal to fly The one I am working on is the Bird cage F4U-1A, I have elected to guide it with a new AR8360T equipped with Telemetry, AS3X and Safe, but I am only using the AS3X gyro and some of the telemetry items
                                    Quick question Wild Man. What's the advantage of using the 8 channel AR8360T in the Corsair vs the 6 channel AR637T? I originally put the AR 636 in mine before they eventually discontinued it in favor of the 637T. The only electrical add ons I put in were the sound system and the warbirds.com pilot with a moving head (y'd to the rudder) so I thought 6 channels would be sufficient. What are you using the extra 2 channels for, or are you not y connecting the ailerons and putting each on it's own channel?

BTW, if it helps, I used some hefty gains and no oscillation yet, but it would be nice to be able to adjust the gains with a knob in flight like the new as3x RX's allow that you'll be able to use. I have mine at (R/P/Y) with flaps up at 45/50/55, 1/2 flaps at 75/80/85 and full flaps (and I mean full at 55 degrees so no lift, just drag) at 85/90/95.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

• Originally posted by f4u ausie View Post

My corsair is foreva tellin me,, why send me up ,,, no zero t b seen.... and congrats rcav8r,,, its a great flyer... it will get better if that zeek ever turns up
                                      Sorry guys, I know this is slightly off topic/scale, but couldn't resist!

This cool little kit was a gift from my son this last B'day. These two was all I really cared for. I didn't put the catapult hooks on them though. They just hang in my office. It blew my mind how far paper airplanes have come since I was a kid! Anywho.. this post just made me have to put them here. One day I'll grow up enough to get that Birdcage!!
                                      Dynam; E-Flite; Freewing

Comment

• Wildman Wiedman I have them here and I have used all the AR637T's I had. I am considering on a working tail hook and a sliding Canopy in this one. With my IX 20, i will be able to adjust gains on the fly, in fact with the On the fly programming I can adjust dual rates and the Expo values while flying. I just finished adding the Flat white I wanted on the bottom looks OK. Now I can get back to access labels and weathering

Name:	WC1.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	300693Click image for larger version

Name:	WC2.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	300694

Comment

I am considering on a working tail hook and a sliding Canopy in this one. Now I can get back to access labels and weathering
                                          Wm, You are reading my mind, btw how do you do that? Best, LB
                                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Working...
                                          X