Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elbee View Post

Wm, You are reading my mind, btw how do you do that? Best, LB
    Like I said. I am considering on a working tail hook and a sliding Canopy. I have not done much research for this, but I have a few thoughts on how I may do it.

Comment

• Elbee
      Elbee commented
      Editing a comment
      Actually, I meant, 'How are reading my mind?' Tamms can do that, too, or so she says. LOL. Looking forward to watching your progress, Sir. Best, LB

• Can you share the colors and paint you used to achieve your 3 Tone livery?
    Current Hanger: FW, F4.F22,F14, Byron T-6, Top Flite P-47, Top Flite P-40, Top RC P-51 H9 P-51, SebArt Avanti, Yellow aircraft Spitfire, T Jeti Extreme Flight EDGE, DS-24 Carbon,

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Man View Post
      Wildman Wiedman I have them here and I have used all the AR637T's I had. I am considering on a working tail hook and a sliding Canopy in this one. With my IX 20, i will be able to adjust gains on the fly, in fact with the On the fly programming I can adjust dual rates and the Expo values while flying. I just finished adding the Flat white I wanted on the bottom looks OK. Now I can get back to access labels and weathering

Click image for larger version

Name:	WC1.jpg
Views:	738
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	300693Click image for larger version

Name:	WC2.jpg
Views:	720
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	300694
      Looking goooood! Great idea with the tailhook and sliding canopy, between you and Elbee, you guys will no doubt come up with something outstanding. Since you've already built out a great looking cockpit and with the sliding canopy, you may want to also "upgrade" the pilot and put this "over the top". I know he's a bit expensive, but you may want to install the warbirds.com pilot with the moving head. I put him in mine and he just fits and only had to remove his boots. You can also cut off his legs for a better fit, but I wanted my pilot to be able to work the elevator and rudder servos with his bare feet in case I got the occassional brain freeze.

I do have the AR637T in my A-10 and use a DX9 and am able to adjust the gains on the fly as well, a really nice upgrade for the AS3X over the older 636.

You've got the makings of an outstanding Corsair!!!!!
      Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
      Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• I have never installed so many warning, and access labels (decals) on any other plane like this F4U-1A Corsair EVER, there are over 90 some nomenclature decals that I have put on and I still have more to install

Name:	Ydecals-b.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	300772Click image for larger version

Name:	Ydecals-T.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	88.8 KB
ID:	300773

Comment

• I really enjoy all the extra scale details Pilots have added to their Corsairs but I haven't seen any Tail wheel doors for the retract yet, has any one taken on here added that bit of scale to their Corsair?

Comment

• Originally posted by Puregreen7 View Post
            I really enjoy all the extra scale details Pilots have added to their Corsairs but I haven't seen any Tail wheel doors for the retract yet, has any one taken on here added that bit of scale to their Corsair?

I haven't seen any tail wheel door mods to this bird yet. I hope one of the 3DP fabricators here on Squawk will tackle the mod eventually.

Wild Man Applying all those decals is tedious work, but it looks great!
            Live Q&A every Tuesday and Friday at 9pm EST on my Twitch Livestream

Live chat with me and other RC Nuts on my Discord

Camp my Instagram @Alpha.Makes

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post
              I haven't seen any tail wheel door mods to this bird yet. I hope one of the 3DP fabricators here on Squawk will tackle the mod eventually.Wild Man Applying all those decals is tedious work, but it looks great!
              Alpha, good to read your voice again. Best as always, LB
              I solemnly swear to "over-celebrate" the smallest of victories.
              ~Lucky B*st*rd~

You'll never be good at something unless you're willing to suck at it first.
              ~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Alpha, good to read your voice again. Best as always, LB
                Reminds me of one of my (many) silly quotes I always say to my Boxer dog Baylee: "Don't you look at me with that tone of voice."

Luckily she can't speak and tell you all of my even sillier ones.

My YouTube RC videos:
                https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• Originally posted by Alpha View Post

Just wait till you guys see what I'm cooking up. Applying all those decals is tedious work, but it looks great!
                  OK, so I put a few extra words in Alpha 's response, but I can't help wondering what that wondetfully mad/gifted "scientist " is coming up with to tickle our fancy.

Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman
                  Hangar: FL/FW: Mig 29 "Cobra", A-10 Arctic, F18 Canadian & Tiger Meet, F16 Wild Weasel, F4 Phantom & Blue Angel, 1600 Corsair & Spitfire, Olive B-24, Stinger 90, Red Avanti. Extreme Flight-FW-190 Red Tulip, Slick 60, 60" Extra 300 V2, 62" MXS Heavy Metal, MXS Green, & Demonstrator. FMS-1700mm P-51, Red Bull Corsair. E-Flite-70mm twin SU-30, Beast Bi-Plane 60", P2 Bi-Plane, P-51.

Comment

• That's a good one Hugh. I just finished the bottom of the Corsair. I added exhaust trails and gun smoke, still need to add the weathering on the bottom of the wing. That will finish what I am going to do on the bottom. All this has been a first for me. I use to think why spend all that time doing all this, the minute you start flying the plane you can not see it any way LOL!!!! The last two weeks has either been to cold, Temps Below Zero with wind chills of -15 to -35 or way to windy to fly. Our weather has warmed up, but now the winds have been howling 20 to 30 gust over 40 for the last three days.

Name:	Smoke.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	301010

Comment

• Corsair Community, starting my Corsair Build working nose to tail. I've had this model in my head since the Pre-Buy and it's been sitting in the studio closet for maybe 2 years.

Wild Man's build has inspired me, and who knows, before I'm finished, maybe we'll also see a South Pacific advisory. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0598.JPG
Views:	497
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	301507
                      ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

Corsair Community, starting my Corsair Build working nose to tail. I've had this model in my head since the Pre-Buy and it's been sitting in the studio closet for maybe 2 years.

Wild Man's build has inspired me, and who knows, before I'm finished, maybe we'll also see a South Pacific advisory. Best, LB

Name:	IMG_0598.JPG
Views:	497
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	301507
                        It’s about time!
                        I wasn’t sure I’d live long enough to see you start your F4U. :)
                        my preorder Corsair is still alive and going strong :)

Aces...

Rich

Comment

• Originally posted by RichJ53 View Post
                          It’s about time! I wasn’t sure I’d live long enough to see you start your F4U. :) my preorder Corsair is still alive and going strong :)Aces...Rich
                          RJ, May you live a long long life, my friend; I'd like to build and fly many more aircraft. Best, LB
                          ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

• I am almost done Today I finished painting the 3D printed panels in the Cock pit and glued the Canopy Back in place

Name:	Pilot C2.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	52.0 KB
ID:	301560Click image for larger version

Name:	Pilot C1.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	301561

Comment

• I had read that some people have been swapping the wheels for the Robart 3 1/2 inch Diamond Tread ones. Wondering if this is a beneficial mod ? (I recall the Robart wheels being kind of heavy).

Comment

• Originally posted by Balsa Bob View Post
                                I had read that some people have been swapping the wheels for the Robart 3 1/2 inch Diamond Tread ones. Wondering if this is a beneficial mod ? (I recall the Robart wheels being kind of heavy).
                                BB, The 3.5" wheel and tire swap provides a more scale-like appearance and the advantages of a larger tire for grass ops or so the thinking goes.

I also think the adding a bit of weight ahead of CG is good as this model had added nose weight in the factory config and I am doing a repaint and other mods aft of CG.

I will swap to the Robart 3.5" mostly for the better looking wheel and tire, frankly, but that's just me. Best, LB
                                ~Lucky B*st*rd~

~Anonymous~

AMA#116446

Comment

BB, The 3.5" wheel and tire swap provides a more scale-like appearance and the advantages of a larger tire for grass ops or so the thinking goes.

I also think the adding a bit of weight ahead of CG is good as this model had added nose weight in the factory config and I am doing a repaint and other mods aft of CG.

I will swap to the Robart 3.5" mostly for the better looking wheel and tire, frankly, but that's just me. Best, LB
                                  Yes, the Robart wheels/hub do look better ..... and the stock wheels do appear a bit small (when compared with pics of the full size Corsair). I am going to use the Robarts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Balsa Bob View Post

Yes, the Robart wheels/hub do look better ..... and the stock wheels do appear a bit small (when compared with pics of the full size Corsair). I am going to use the Robarts.
                                    Definitely use the Robarts. I used them (diamond tread) and they are great on grass and do look much better and last far longer. I have landed on asphalt as well and I feel they work better there as well. I have over 100 flights on them and barely notice any tread wear. As Elbee stated, the extra weight is a plus since you will still need to add some lead. Better to have useful weight than dead weight.
                                    Hugh "Wildman" Wiedman

Comment

Corsair Community, starting my Corsair Build working nose to tail. I've had this model in my head since the Pre-Buy and it's been sitting in the studio closet for maybe 2 years.
                                      Well praise be it's about time!!

I cannot wait to live vicariously through your excellent build.

My YouTube RC videos:
                                      https://www.youtube.com/@toddbreda

Comment

• I have not yet found where to stop adding more details to My F4U-1A Bird Cage Corsair. I just added some Walk ways. The only other Item I am thinking of adding are the Arrows

Name:	Walks.jpg
Views:	407
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	301852

Comment

Working...
                                        X